If scoundrels need a nerf.....

mosharie

First, let me say I play a level 50 scoundrel on the Shadow Hand server. You can decide for yourself if I am speaking from a position of bias.

Anyway, I read the forums daily and see all the threads about nerfing scoundrels and operatives. So, I did some rather unscientific research on the server I play on. I wanted to get an idea of class distribution at level 50 around prime time one night. The following were the results.

Commando............42

Gunslinger............. 8

Jedi Guardian.........14

Jedi Sage...............38

Jedi Sentinel...........23

Jedi Shadow...........17

Scoundrel................3

Vanguard...............29

So, based on this data the scoundrel is by far the least played advance class on the server I play on. Assuming this is true for most servers something does not make sense. Usually in mmo games if a class is perceived as over powered they attain flavor of the month (FOTM) status and is the most played class. However, this class appears to be very underplayed. Considering each advanced class has three possible skill trees, you could possibly have only one saw bones, dirty fighting and scrapper on your server.

Based on the unscientific data I presented what are your thoughts? Having played a rogue in WoW I can tell you I don't think the class is overpowered when facing similarly geared and skilled players. I can tear up sorcerers somewhat easy but have a really hard time with power tech tanks, certain sith assassins and some bounty hunters.

i have heard multiple times that IA/Smuggler leveling is the most difficult in the game. I dont find it hard, but im not a scrub so idk lol.

It's one of the easy ones to level if you already know how to play this game or have leveled another character.

Just because I'm curious, you should do this on a weekly basis if possible. Then do an average.

Edited by Andrew_Waltfeld

The amount of people who roll a character has nothing to do with actual balance issues. It has to do with percieved balance issues.

While Scoundrels and Agents are an akward class to level (the cover system being unique to this game) the fact is 1 particular spec's burst is insane when coupled with stacking buffs and powerups.

They're addressing the buffs/powerups in the next patch. So we'll soon see if the class genuinely needs to be adjusted or if it's just the stacking that's the issue.

Yes you are. Saying you're not a scrub makes me think you indeed are and try to cover it up!

Anyway, I have a 50 Sentinel and I just tear people to shreds most of the time. Not once have I been soloed by an operative. Snipers annoy me but no Operative has managed to best be in a 1v1 situation so far. 2 of them yes. But it's TWO!

I SAY THIS WITH UTMOST CERTAINTY: 99% OF THE DERPS ON THIS FORUM THAT QQ ABOUT OPS/SCOUNDRELS ONLY GAZED IN AWE AT THE 9K CRIT YOUTUBE VIDEOS AND ARE TOTAL FANBOYS. But have not and will not ever be capable of leveling one to 50 just to try it out themselves.

Must suck sucking so much that you start living a lie and ask for totally non-necessary nerfs just because YOU SAW ON YOUTUBE IT "COULD" HAPPEN. I CRIT FOR 7 K AOE almost every 10 seconds - not to mention I become nearly invulnerable for like 30 if I pop only SOME of my cooldowns.

It's just a matter of learning to play and evolving from the WoW-fanboysm state where the class balance was decided by the ammount of QQ on the forums. I'm so sick of this.

Smugglers/IAs are the least played class in the game. Notice how you only see one or two in every WZ?

if there was 2 in every warzone wouldn't that make them 25%, so seems like quite alot of people play them as there is only 4 classes.

First, let me say I play a level 50 scoundrel on the Shadow Hand server. You can decide for yourself if I am speaking from a position of bias.

Anyway, I read the forums daily and see all the threads about nerfing scoundrels and operatives. So, I did some rather unscientific research on the server I play on. I wanted to get an idea of class distribution at level 50 around prime time one night. The following were the results.

Commando............42

Jedi Guardian.........14

Jedi Shadow...........17

So, based on this data the scoundrel is by far the least played advance class on the server I play on. Assuming this is true for most servers something does not make sense. Usually in mmo games if a class is perceived as over powered they attain flavor of the month (FOTM) status and is the most played class. However, this class appears to be very underplayed. Considering each advanced class has three possible skill trees, you could possibly have only one saw bones, dirty fighting and scrapper on your server.

Based on the unscientific data I presented what are your thoughts? Having played a rogue in WoW I can tell you I don't think the class is overpowered when facing similarly geared and skilled players. I can tear up sorcerers somewhat easy but have a really hard time with power tech tanks, certain sith assassins and some bounty hunters.

Dumbest post I've ever seen.

1. You have no back-up what so ever. Could aswell be 50 scoundrels and you're lieing.

2. Even tho I'm 99,9% sure you're lieing, if you were speaking truth it would be 100% irrelevant. What the race distribution was on 1 server at 1 point in time is your argument for balance? Get in touch with reality and learn proper statistical-measurements please.

Now, I'm not saying I find scoundrels OP, I play a carnage marauder and I personally don't mind them. But if I were you I'd edit out your "data" LOL.

Commando............42

Jedi Guardian.........14

Jedi Shadow...........17

huh??? you lost me with your data skills

The amount of people who roll a character has nothing to do with actual balance issues. It has to do with percieved balance issues.

While Scoundrels and Agents are an akward class to level (the cover system being unique to this game) the fact is 1 particular spec's burst is insane when coupled with stacking buffs and powerups.

They're addressing the buffs/powerups in the next patch. So we'll soon see if the class genuinely needs to be adjusted or if it's just the stacking that's the issue.

As you mentioned yourself Bioware is nerfing stim stacking so bye bye to those 9k crits.

But lets be honest here, the crying wont stop. Im sure after this patch people will jump back on the ''nerf sorcerers/sages'' bandwagon again.

So a scoundrel/op's burst is inversely proportional to how many are played?

Thanks for the fatuous non-sequitor, op.

LOL this. But seriously OP. You pointed out something i noticed quite a bit on most republic side servers. Where are all the damn scrappers, and grav round spamming commandos?

Commando............42

Jedi Guardian.........14

Jedi Shadow...........17

Because balance should be done by class population?

I wish i had that many screws loose in my head too.

People roll what they think looks cool..or what they like playing..

This game hasnt been out long enough to establish what class has the bigger advantage in a TEAM setting yet, and without a bracket to seperate the geared from the ungeared it makes it twice as difficult.

IMO I think the only thing that needs to be looked at first is buff stacking..and that will be addressed tommorrow.

As well as the 50's only bracket.

Then we will see how balanced things are without the ridiculous buffs and random "derpderp let me forceleap the geared lvl 50 who has 400+ expertise derpderp"

Edited by Sirolos

i have heard multiple times that IA/Smuggler leveling is the most difficult in the game. I dont find it hard, but im not a scrub so idk lol.

It's not difficult, it's just annoying and can be incredibly frustrating without a real AOE and proc reliant damage when you have aggro.

Hard, no.

Frustrating, yes.

IA/Smug are the worst classes to level, have horrible animations (especially operative/scoundrel), are the least iconic of the classes in a game based around force users and even at the "power" they are now, have horrible representation (not basing it around OP's anecdotal evidence take a look at the numbers on different fan-sites).

Nerfing any spec of these classes would be just stupid. There has to be a incentive for people to play IA/Smug. If anything they need a overhaul, just wait until rated BG's and Arena to see these one-trick-ponies fail miserably as they offer no utility.

As you mentioned yourself Bioware is nerfing stim stacking so bye bye to those 9k crits.

But lets be honest here, the crying wont stop. Im sure after this patch people will jump back on the ''nerf sorcerers/sages'' bandwagon again.

It's Stim + relic + base crit surge (which should be around 80%~)

Just nerfing stims drops you around 7.5~8K a crit. Sor/sages have around 14k~ so the same 2-3 hit kill will be seen just not as often.

Should leave Scrapper damage alone. Maybe one day someone will use stealth scan. :rolleyes:

Edited by CornBreadtm

probably, at least bioware will be able to remove one more factor out of the equation.

IA/Smug are the worst classes to level, have horrible animations (especially operative/scoundrel), are the least iconic of the classes in a game based around force users and even at the "power" they are now, have horrible representation (not basing it around OP's anecdotal evidence take a look at the numbers on different fan-sites).

Nerfing any spec of these classes would be just stupid. There has to be a incentive for people to play IA/Smug. If anything they need a overhaul, just wait until rated BG's and Arena to see these one-trick-ponies fail miserably as they offer no utility.

ye ur right f***ing buff operatives, plz. I wonder what class u play.

Easy to explain, some remember maybe the POM/Pyro Mage in WoW ? The so called 3 Minute mage.

You see so many videos with high crits, but most are only possible with buff stucking. These buffs in swtor have a 3 minute cooldown.

Operative/Scoundrel the overpowered....

3 Minute Rogue

....who almost nobody plays.

Edited by BobaFurz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.