Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Proof People are Leaving...

antOWNio

Sad news for RIFT fans I guess. I honestly haven't followed it at all after leaving the middle of last year. It was an ok game, I'm just bored with fantasy style MMO's I guess.

Probably just means they shed the hordes of people with the attention span of a butterfly and are now left with a better community all-around. :p

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometime's the fanboi's are actually worse for the health of a game, because they are too naive to admit that there are serious issues and sweep everything under the rug.

^this

They can keep making up things about other games and try and rationalize the numbers but the simple fact is that there is nothing to do that doesn't involve a queue on the fleet station once you get your ilum gear (took me 3 weeks to get the full set... no need to ever go back there).

they said that slowly raising the cap and adding more servers rather than quickly raising the cap helps keep the servers more stable.

The peak - as usual with holiday season - was reached during christmas.

Afterwards there was hardly a need to raise the sever cap any further.

Why have you been checking it the last few weeks is the real question. So that when the number came down you could come here and say "LOOK SWTOR IS DYING HURRR".

No, I like this game, but the fact of the matter is there are issues with the game, and the population trends show that people are not having as much fun as they did in the first couple weeks. The only reason I posted this was in hopes that we could have some serious discussion about the matter, which so far I've enjoyed reading the responses, but the fact still lies that the population trends do not look good, especially for an MMO this new. The popluations should be going UP, not DOWN. Things don't look good IMO, like I said I've seen this exact thing happen to RIFT.

People always are always leaving every MMO, what many people do is cancel sub and then resubscribe sometime in the near future, think of it like a store, people come and go all the time and that's how it's always going to be, a few million players is all this game needs to thrive and it can get those numbers easily.

It's widely known on our server that the Imps outnumber the republic 2 or 3:1. We've lost no less than 25% of our population over last week.

Made up stat guy strikes again. Just say you feel lonely. Just say you think people hate the game cuz you do. Dont try and build it up with made up numbers. It's a waste of everyone's time.

or maybe people were doing other things like NFL playoffs and the golden globes

of course, that means you give any validity to what he is saying, that might as well be a lot of lies

at peak time servers in EU are packed, even after the cap raise

game is expanding, don't listen to dec11/nov11 naysayers that base their 'opinions' on manipulating evidence

they said that slowly raising the cap and adding more servers rather than quickly raising the cap helps keep the servers more stable.

Yeah right.. link or it didnt happen.. Why would they add a bunch of light servers where they will end up merging them later and raise the cap slowly for all of the severs? So that the med to low severs will forever end up being dead servers..

Made up stat guy strikes again. Just say you feel lonely. Just say you think people hate the game cuz you do. Dont try and build it up with made up numbers. It's a waste of everyone's time.

Ok kiddo. Do you mean to tell me then that Republic outnumbers Imps?

"Doesn't have a problem", and that's not true in the least. They lost quite a few subscribers in the last year without any help from TOR.

They lost almost 2 million worldwide with cataclysm... they're gonna lose even more with that pokemon panda patch.

Probably just means they shed the hordes of people with the attention span of a butterfly and are now left with a better community all-around. :p

Well I left after playing about 6 months when I got my beta invite for SWTOR. So I'd like to think I gave it a fair shake. AND I will add I did not make an "I QUIT" thread or any predictions of it's failure. I just left.

^this

They can keep making up things about other games and try and rationalize the numbers but the simple fact is that there is nothing to do that doesn't involve a queue on the fleet station once you get your ilum gear (took me 3 weeks to get the full set... no need to ever go back there).

while on the other side, trolls and haters posts help a lot a game, yeah

like this thread, remind me again, how is this supposed to help the game?

ah, I thought so

Rift is actually stable and they claim its growing.

Rift is still a good example, however, of the typical MMO population curve that the fans here somehow think TOR is going to avoid. As good and as highly praised as Rift is, it still dropped from 1 million-ish members to half that within about 3 months, and now is down to around 300 to 350K after 10 months. And it holds those numbers only because it's a very well-made game, unlike games like AoC and WAR, that were down to 100K members by this time in their lives. People need to stop looking at WoW, which is a complete exception to all MMO rules, and look at, well, EVERY other MMO out there to determine what is and is not success in relative terms.

Rift has enjoyed phenomenal success for a game created by a previously unknown developer, on a $50 million budget. Hugely profitbale, and the game established Trion as a player. For TOR, Rift's numbers would be abject failure.

Edited by Mannic

Those stats don't mean anything, that's like saying WoW is going to die because they lost like 3 million players, pure stupidity.

No, I like this game, but the fact of the matter is there are issues with the game, and the population trends show that people are not having as much fun as they did in the first couple weeks. The only reason I posted this was in hopes that we could have some serious discussion about the matter, which so far I've enjoyed reading the responses, but the fact still lies that the population trends do not look good, especially for an MMO this new. The popluations should be going UP, not DOWN. Things don't look good IMO, like I said I've seen this exact thing happen to RIFT.

You would have more credibility if this was something expanded over say...6 mos. You're looking at this from a 1 month span which says to me /facepalm.

Edited by Daedricshots

http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/stats

I've been checking this the past couple weeks and noticed the decline in server trends is going down. Servers that used to be heavy, full, are now becoming standard. It's a slow process but it's not working in favour of TOR.

OH OH , tinfoil , check , hat diagram , check , I am a sheep , check , rage quit , check.

Unsubscripted!

while on the other side, trolls and haters posts help a lot a game, yeah

like this thread, remind me again, how is this supposed to help the game?

ah, I thought so

It isn't meant to help the game. I'm being realistic. If said truth hurts... then so be it right? The fact is here that until they patch in a LOT of content, it's 15 bucks a month to sit on the fleet station.