Soon the only PVP class

Anastasy

Hi,

I usually don’t post on forums, because usually it serves for nothing good…

But, this time, I just want to share simple observations:

- The number of people rerolling from other classes to Jedi/Sith casters is increasing every day

- The number of Jedi/Sith casters in battle zones is increasing with each day

- The team which has the highest number of Jedi/Sith casters wins in 99% cases

- Soon there will remain no other classes in SWTOR pvp but Jedi/Sith casters

- 1.1 patch didn’t do anything about Jedi/Sith casters pvp domination, to the contrary boosted them

It seems to me that so much promoted SWTOR PVP is:

- Non-existent

- People who were looking for PVP action will quit this game pretty soon

P.S.

All of above is my personal (lvl50 Jedi Knight Champion geared) opinion.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

- The number of people rerolling from other classes to Jedi/Sith casters is increasing every day

- 1.1 patch didn’t do anything about Jedi/Sith casters pvp domination, to the contrary boosted them

- Non-existent

P.S.

I disagree, usually the side with the most Mercs, Powertechs, and Juggs will win, as long as is if its Huttball.

Hi,

- Non-existent

P.S.

Firstly, this is Star Wars. Everybody wants to be a jedi.

Second, jedi and sith casters aren't even the best. Although I will admit the Sith Inq seems much cooler than its counterpart the consular.

Third, I sit back and laugh at teams who have like 5 inquisitors. A balanced team poops on them. Just all over them.

Hi,

- Non-existent

P.S.

I would like to see your metrics, and where you got your information from.

Hi,

- Non-existent

P.S.

And what do all of those people and other clueless people want nerfed? Their anticlass scoundrels/operatives.

LOL at this entire forum.

Sage/sorc is the easiest, most forgiving class to play. Everyone in beta knew this would happen. No they aren't OP as it stands. Remove their counter? Bad things...

Will be worse then frost mages were in WoW in the last expanion. At least frost mages took some setup on CC's/stuns and had to execute combos.

Sorc/sage is just a dumbed down shadow priest with all instants who spams mindflay 90 percent of their gameplay. I played balance in beta and made posts saying there was no reason to play the class because there was no difference between a good and a mediocre player on nit.

What class do you see most complained about on these forums? The zerged class (sorc/sage) HARD counter. It was no different with mages and rogues in WoW. They cried and cried and cried until rogues were the least played class (just like scoundrels/op's are the least played melee). They took away all burst from rogues and made them a CC class.

They could do that with this game but I think more CC /control is the last thing this game needs...

Hi,

- Non-existent

P.S.

On my server the numbers of Jedi Sages is actually shrinking, while the numbers of Scoundrels and Commandos is growing.

Hi,

- Non-existent

P.S.

Dang! After reading the title of this thread I bet my friend a dollar the post would be about IAs/Smugs. He said sorcs/sages.

I owe him a buck :mad:

Third, I sit back and laugh at teams who have like 5 inquisitors. A balanced team poops on them. Just all over them.

Not in Huttball.

A team of 8 sorcs in Huttball would probably poop all over its opposition. If the sorcs are well-played anyway.

A team of 7 sorcs + Juggernaut would be unstoppable.

Edited by Ashnazg

Firstly, this is Star Wars. Everybody wants to be a jedi.

So not true...I cant stand Jedi's...or Sith for that matter. Hell, I dont even like Star Wars, but I do enjoy this game because of its design.

that said, the PVP battles seem to lean in the favor of the most 50s.

I wont say which side is better because it seems both have their shining moments. Personally I have experienced the republic winning most...in fact I am on a 10 warzone losing streak to the republic. (I should point out they had all 50s, and a bunch of healing Troopers).

*shrug*

My biggest issues with sorcs/sages boils down to:

1) Best healer in the game, other healers should get boosted to be on par.

2) Needing to manage energy is almost non-existent. Either give other classes force-draining/regen-draining skills or rework the values on casts/skills to not require zero effort to manage energy.

3) Once dual spec comes in, the numbers of this class will skyrocket even more than already exists considering they have best in class healing, best in class utility and near best in class sustained DPS with plenty of survivability (no need to play anything else, you've got everything other than dedicated tanking).

I disagree, usually the side with the most Mercs, Powertechs, and Juggs will win, as long as is if its Huttball.

I disagree. Usually it's who ever shows up with the most healers. On my server, this tends to be the Republic as all the Sith Sorcs just spec for damage as do the BH Mercs. Rarely do I see sorc, merc, or operative healers. But that's just the rare Republic vs Empire warzones on my server. Far too many warzones are Empire vs Empire Hutball.

Healers and CC win warzones. Makes no difference if you can do 300k damage (for instance) a warzone but have healers keeping your targets alive the whole time while you die from lack of heals.

And what do all of those people and other clueless people want nerfed? Their anticlass scoundrels/operatives.

LOL at this entire forum.

Sage/sorc is the easiest, most forgiving class to play. Everyone in beta knew this would happen. No they aren't OP as it stands. Remove their counter? Bad things...

Will be worse then frost mages were in WoW in the last expanion. At least frost mages took some setup on CC's/stuns and had to execute combos.

Sorc/sage is just a dumbed down shadow priest with all instants who spams mindflay 90 percent of their gameplay. I played balance in beta and made posts saying there was no reason to play the class because there was no difference between a good and a mediocre player on nit.

What class do you see most complained about on these forums? The zerged class (sorc/sage) HARD counter. It was no different with mages and rogues in WoW. They cried and cried and cried until rogues were the least played class (just like scoundrels/op's are the least played melee). They took away all burst from rogues and made them a CC class.

They could do that with this game but I think more CC /control is the last thing this game needs...

Well ya when the majority is playing a class their anti-class is going to get tons of QQ on the forums :) - gotta love it - and I will bet you money right now Bioware nerfs them just because of the QQ - if they do I will quit this game

Dang! After reading the title of this thread I bet my friend a dollar the post would be about IAs/Smugs. He said sorcs/sages.

I owe him a buck :mad:

lol - you realize that Operatives/Scoung are the LEAST played class even now right?

How can you form an opinion on anything of a numerical nature based on individual perception alone? It's inherently fallacious.

That's the definition of an opinion. An individual perception of an event or action, etc.

I laughed at this. Usually people just twist one line of a post, but this time it's one word.

Gotta love it.