This will be the first and last staggered EGA

Gankdalf_

I think this may go down as the worst MMO launch ever, even Bioware must now realise the EGA staggering was a huge mistake. Other companies will be watching all this playing out and I bet they are chuckling to themselves, what a complete PR disaster this has been. :o

Yes I know it's not technically an official launch on paper but you all know it actually is the launch of SWTOR.

Edited by Gankdalf_

except that launch has gone almost perfectly

only one server crash, and that was quickly dealt with

the only people raging on the forums are the ones who aren't in yet, and as soon as people get in, they stop complaining and don't care any more

the only downside is that the forums are filled with raging babies, but Bioware figured out the easy solution to that: just ignore them!

I think this may go down as the worst MMO launch ever, even Bioware must now realise the EGA staggering was a huge mistake. Other companies will be watching all this playing out and I bet they are chuckling to themselves, what a complete PR disaster this has been. :o

Yes I know it's not technically an official launch on paper but you all know it actually is the launch of SWTOR.

I agree. No other company will do THIS staggered of early game access after seeing the results. At most it would be staggered over a 1-2 day period.

Yeah, Bioware definitely messed up by assuming most of its playerbase would be rational adults.

This is the sad state of the MMO genre today. Self-entitlement and the belief that whining and crying will get them their way.

This is why games cater to carebears now who don't want to lose their loot since its "soul/account bound"... Hardcore PvP needs to be what UO and Darkfall is, if your crap you lose your stuff :D

Yes because the majority of customers are very happy....oh wait. :rolleyes:

The only unhappy people I see are impatient and immature man-children who are upset with the staggered access plan they consented to when they pre-ordered the game.

That's not a problem Bioware can solve. These people need to go see a behavioral therapist to help them with their issues.

I blame WoW and Blizzard for the current state of the MMO Community. It has suddenly caused almost every player to lose the ability to read! This EGA launch is in no way misleading or an act of deception by Bioware or EA. All information was stated in the pre-order EGA FAQ. The fact that you failed to read it completely and understand it is your problem.

i doubt they will judge the launch based on this week but rather based on server population, and health in about 3-6 months.

Yeah, Bioware definitely messed up by assuming most of its playerbase would be rational adults.

This is the sad state of the MMO genre today. Self-entitlement and the belief that whining and crying will get them their way.

Oh I totally agree with you, all the whining is a reflection of society today. My argument is that no matter who is right and who is wrong this is still a PR disaster. When you have thousands of people slating your company across a load of different media outlets it's not good PR. Bioware should have forseen this.

btw... this isnt launch... the offical launch is december 20th the fact that you get any free time to play is beyond anything any game has ever done so quit your QQing and get over it...

ofcourse it might be the last. i mean not a whole lot of mmos are going to pull over a million preorders. thats enough to do it right there.

Although i would argue that technically any game with an early access was a staggered release. Since everyone likes to claim that early access is actually launch. So lots of games have done it in the past and I expect many more will.

Oh I totally agree with you, all the whining is a reflection of society today. My argument is that no matter who is right and who is wrong this is still a PR disaster. When you have thousands of people slating your company across a load of different media outlets it's not good PR. Bioware should have forseen this.

I haven't seen any real whining outside of these forums.

I frequent two-dozen gaming news sources and none of them have even referred to the discontent on this forum. It's just not news-worthy.

Yes because the majority of customers are very happy....oh wait. :rolleyes:

The majority is probably actually happy, you will only see the rager on the forums so taking that into consideration would be wrong.

The player you see on those forums whining about not been in atm would have cryed about other thing nway, server crash, queue, bug.

So basicly the baby's still cry but the other player are more happy and appreciate the result more. So overall its a good thing.

The only issue might have been the no communication on date you could get in.

Would have been easy to say for exemple, we estimate that pre-order from X to X will get in on this date, note that those date are subject to change without notice.

So they would have covered themself if they could not meet their expectation and at the same time ppl would have been happy with the communication they received.

So basicly some hik up on the communication part but technicaly and gaming experience wise its the best decision an MMO PRE-launch had.

What negative press?

All I see is a forum full of the same people posting in each others threads on how mad they are that they didn't pay attention to details, or that a company is sticking to their guns.

I have yet to see a "negative" news post relating to the staggering (beyond the initial statements that it exists). Things ingame are smooth right now.