Ball carrier debuff (Huttball)

Drungus

I think the ball carrier in Huttbal shouldn't be allowed to use abilities like force leap or force speed. Basically any ability that gives speed or allows greater movement shouldn't be usable when you carry the ball. It gives a too great advantage in huttball.

That IS a great idea. Make the carrier imune to everything and disable all his skills. People would start to toss the ball like it was intended.

I disagree on this part. It would make it too easy to get the ball across for some classes. Right now I only see a problem with abilities which allow the user to move at a greater speed or jump to some place. The same goes for force pull. All these abilities give a too great advantage.

If you are immune to everything then why would you pass the ball. You can just take a walk to the scoring line through the fire pits.

Edited by Drungus

Even if something as stupid as not allowing force charge to be used when carrying the ball, all you'll see happen is force charge being used by a non ball carrier, then the ball being tossed to him. The crying will never stop.

And if a warrior is single handedly besting your entire team to score over and over, you may want to try stunning or rooting him, I hear you can't charge when you're unable to move. And start using LoS and your head to prevent said warrior from simply walking across the goal line.

Even if something as stupid as not allowing force charge to be used when carrying the ball, all you'll see happen is force charge being used by a non ball carrier, then the ball being tossed to him. The crying will never stop.

Actually I don't have problems with such a thing. It encourages teamwork that way and you have a chance to take over the ball when it's being tossed. Right now any class being able to use force leap or charge while carrying the ball doesn't need anyone else to score.

How about when you get the ball you cant attack anyone else or go faster than 20% of your normal run speed.

Oh and you cant use any consumables, and you cant be healed by other team members.

and you can't take any damage either

That sounds great and will allow classes without Force leap/Force speed be as viable ball carriers as others. And yeah, Huttball is a team game, and when one Jedi Knight uses his force leap to solo it on a constant basis and doesn't really need any team to win, it's probably not working as intended. I wholeheartedly support this suggestion.

Secret to fixing Huttball is to get rid of this Crappy game. But if it stays at least make it so they can't have a full resolve bar from the top of the ramp to the inzone that just is down right stupid.

And am I missing something when I get a full resolve bar I can get stunned and CC'd to death but everytime I go after a player about to score with the ball and they have a full resolve bar my skills dont work on them?

Well you guyz aware, without those skills, no good player ever will score?

Any good team wont let any charger pass goal line ever, nomatter how he charges..

how is it possible? Simply, when a jumper gets ball... dont stand on upsides... all must be around carrier, so he wont manage find anyone to charge... and friendly charges, simply pull or knock the friend away, so he wont charge friend or pass...

Simple and easy, learn the hutball instead of crying... I can score 6 times in a game by just jumping... and sometimes, i even cant find, ally or enemy any1 to charge.. even game ends at 0-0 or 1-0 etc... it depends on your team, not the charger...

Btw resolve works after u use ur CC breaker :) not when its full.. When your resolve full, use cc breaker.. then you are immune until resolve ends... maybe bother reading resolve guide?!

Edited by dirtycarebear

Well you guyz aware, without those skills, no good player ever will score?

Any good team wont let any charger pass goal line ever, nomatter how he charges..

how is it possible? Simply, when a jumper gets ball... dont stand on upsides... all must be around carrier, so he wont manage find anyone to charge... and friendly charges, simply pull or knock the friend away, so he wont charge friend or pass...

Simple and easy, learn the hutball instead of crying... I can score 6 times in a game by just jumping... and sometimes, i even cant find, ally or enemy any1 to charge.. even game ends at 0-0 or 1-0 etc... it depends on your team, not the charger...

Btw resolve works after u use ur CC breaker :) not when its full.. When your resolve full, use cc breaker.. then you are immune until resolve ends... maybe bother reading resolve guide?!

I think you missread my post, because it's not meant as a 'cry'. I don't see why some classes should have a greater advantage over others when they carry the ball. Huttball is a team game, the ball carrier should be defended by his team until he passes the finishing line. Any ability which gives greater movement speed or allows you to jump forward a few meters is unfair in terms of balance. Anybody disagreeing with this is basically supporting the opposite; let's allow people to go into stealth as well when they have the ball.

I think the ball carrier in Huttbal shouldn't be allowed to use abilities like force leap or force speed. Basically any ability that gives speed or allows greater movement shouldn't be usable when you carry the ball. It gives a too great advantage in huttball.

Why? Just because you want to take the ball as a Imperial Agent/Smuggler? Why not leave the ball to classes which have those kind of opportunites and start supporting them instead crying for a nerf?

Did you know that you dont get a medal for any huttball goal? Or any other "reward" for bringing the ball behind the goal line? On the opposite you get heavily rewarded for guarding/healing/supporting a ball carrier...

And yes, people should start using there brains when playing a teamgame, offering yourself to be charged when you clearly see the "charge class" is moving towards you, is stupid!

Edited by Samurro

Yeah! Lets make it about who has the tankyest tank, the spammiest healers and the most "Lol ur down now you got to run for 5 mins more to get back up here! Knockbacks!

Man that **** is going to be awesome!!1one!!!!

Thing is as of next patch you will get medals for scoring, passing the ball so do your homework.

As for this idea I agree with it.

Problem you have is that resolve DOES NOT WORK. Never has and never will in its current state and they now it. So what can you do to a force leaper. You knock him off the ledge he just jumps straight back up. But if you know my sorc *** off a ledge I have a nice 20-30 second run to get back there. Is that fair NOPE.

Is it fair that I can after stuns wear off force run through the fire and over the line before people can do anything also NOPE.

Huttball needs work.

Resolve needs work.

THE WHOLE PVP system needs ALOT OF WORK

Thing is as of next patch you will get medals for scoring, passing the ball so do your homework.

As for this idea I agree with it.

Problem you have is that resolve DOES NOT WORK. Never has and never will in its current state and they now it. So what can you do to a force leaper.You knock him off the ledge and you wait at the edge like a scrub, he just jumps straight back up.

But if you know my sorc *** off a ledge I have a nice 20-30 second run to get back there. Is that fair NOPE.

Is it fair that I can after stuns wear off force run through the fire and over the line before people can do anything also NOPE.

Huttball needs work.

Resolve needs work.

THE WHOLE PVP system needs ALOT OF WORK

Fixed that for you

Edited by Wiggletphyre

That sounds great and will allow classes without Force leap/Force speed be as viable ball carriers as others. And yeah, Huttball is a team game, and when one Jedi Knight uses his force leap to solo it on a constant basis and doesn't really need any team to win, it's probably not working as intended. I wholeheartedly support this suggestion.
You should try Huttball as a Jugg. The only time you are going to be able to solo score is if 6 or 7 of the opposing team is ignoring you or are doing something stupid like standing at the edge of their endzone.

Secret to fixing Huttball is to get rid of this Crappy game. But if it stays at least make it so they can't have a full resolve bar from the top of the ramp to the inzone that just is down right stupid.
No it isn't, your team just needs to be smarter about when you are using CC.

And am I missing something when I get a full resolve bar I can get stunned and CC'd to death but everytime I go after a player about to score with the ball and they have a full resolve bar my skills dont work on them?
Resolve triggers when the stun which initially fills your resolve bar wears off.