Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Commando CC's

Choobacca

Anyone else feel like commandos have a lack of cc abilities? We have one 4 second stun with a 1 minute cd, a knockback, and a knockback only if you spec into imp stockstrike.

I mean at least make cryo grenade have a shorter cooldown or a longer duration stun. It just seems to me that a lot of other classes have better hard cc's. Thoughts, suggestions?

Anyone else feel like commandos have a lack of cc abilities? We have one 4 second stun with a 1 minute cd, a knockback, and a knockback only if you spec into imp stockstrike.

I mean at least make cryo grenade have a shorter cooldown or a longer duration stun. It just seems to me that a lot of other classes have better hard cc's. Thoughts, suggestions?

Combat Medics have about the same CC as Seers do.

No seers have 2 stuns and a long term mez.

Reducing the number of seer/agent cc is the way to go. not increasing more classes cc :/

No they do not. They have Force Stun which is identical to Cryo Grenade and they have Force Lift which is identical to Concussive Round. They have Force Wave which is similar to Concussion Charge. There are a lot of things different between Seers and Combat Medics but CC is not one of them.

I love Concussive Round, although I wish the cooldown was just a hair shorter than the duration so if I need to reapply it I can do so as it's wearing off rather than just after. The others aren't long enough to constitute CC abilities, imo, but I don't think any single player needs to be able to keep more than one mob locked down at a time. Obviously it'd be great if they could accomplish that by only allowing you to have CR active on one mob at a time rather than putting it on cooldown, because that way you could reapply it when some noob (or a rogue companion) breaks it, but it's still a very useful ability if everyone in your group knows what they're doing.

I love Concussive Round, although I wish the cooldown was just a hair shorter than the duration so if I need to reapply it I can do so as it's wearing off rather than just after. The others aren't long enough to constitute CC abilities, imo, but I don't think any single player needs to be able to keep more than one mob locked down at a time. Obviously it'd be great if they could accomplish that by only allowing you to have CR active on one mob at a time rather than putting it on cooldown, because that way you could reapply it when some noob (or a rogue companion) breaks it, but it's still a very useful ability if everyone in your group knows what they're doing.

if u put points in reserve round it lowers the CD on concussive round

Sage's force lift has something to say to you...

Force Lift is Concussive Charge with a different name and animation.

If your companions break Conc, put them on passive when you CC, LoS the rest of the pack if possible, and sic him/her on something else. Then position yourself in such a way that you have LoS on both the CC-ed mob and the rest of the pack (or the CC and your companion if you're mostly healing). Turn off companion AoE abilities for pulls where you have to CC.

You can do the same if you run with other people. Tanks who've already tanked in other games know the deal and the rest can be shown how to drag or LoS a pack so it's not close to your CC. If you just run with 1-2 DPS, either reposition the mobs before AoE-ing or ask them not to use AoE on top of your CC.

In PvP, it should be common sense that CC-ed targets should be left alone, especially healers, so it's not a design flaw, but a l2play issue for teammates. No, you can't help it, but bad players will make most abilities seem underpowered.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.