ATI Radeon HD 6770

SamTheMans

I recently bought a new desktop with i3 2120 CPU , 4GB of ram and windows 7

Im lookin to buy an ATI Radeon HD 6770 1GB for this system , anyone know anything about this card? it seems pretty good because im on a budget

Any help would be appreciated

I went with a Sapphire HD 6850 last time I upgraded, which, according to: http://www.hwcompare.com/5892/radeon-hd-6770-vs-radeon-hd-6850/ , is more powerful. And if you're buying online, the 6850 will be about the same price as the 6770 in-store.

Both are good cards though. And I know Sapphire includes a very nice, free program to OC if that's what you want to do.

Its good cause its cheap. People say to wait until the 7000 series to come out since they will be better and the 6000 series will be cheaper.

Oh and the 6000 series is essentially the 5000 series with 3d support(and dx11 support). I almost bought the 6770 but went with the 6670 cause it was like 30 bucks cheaper. Game runs(and looks) great for me outside of warzones and the fleet.

Edited by Kabloosh

my 6750 ran this game INCREDIBLY bad. it was unplayable. in fact my old radeon 4850 ran it better than the 6750. I dont know how much better the 6770 is, but i would get the 6850/6870 at least.

i returned in at Best Buy and bought a GTX 560 and it runs the game very smoothly at max settings.

Its good cause its cheap. People say to wait until the 7000 series to come out since they will be better and the 6000 series will be cheaper.

Oh and the 6000 series is essentially the 5000 series with 3d support(and dx11 support). I almost bought the 6770 but went with the 6670 cause it was like 30 bucks cheaper. Game runs(and looks) great for me outside of warzones and the fleet.

The 7k series is out already. At least, the 7970 is.

Just wanna say the 7000 series was released earlier this month, but they're beyond expensive. They're around $700-800, albeit they're the most powerful on the market right now.

Just wanna say the 7000 series was released earlier this month, but they're beyond expensive. They're around $700-800, albeit they're the most powerful on the market right now.

You could just buy a decent computer for that price. Eff that.

Im lookin to buy an ATI Radeon HD 6770 1GB for this system , anyone know anything about this card? it seems pretty good because im on a budget

Good card, far beyond what you would need for this game, with the Correct CPU and memory you could also play BF3 and Skyrim on Ultra.

Edited by Kanharn

my 6750 ran this game INCREDIBLY bad. it was unplayable. in fact my old radeon 4850 ran it better than the 6750. I dont know how much better the 6770 is, but i would get the 6850/6870 at least.

i returned in at Best Buy and bought a GTX 560 and it runs the game very smoothly at max settings.

Weird since:

http://www.hwcompare.com/5514/radeon-hd-4850-512mb-vs-radeon-hd-6750/

They have comparable stats with the 6750 being a little better.

My card is a lot worse then the 6750 and it runs this game well on high settings(with shadows off).

When buying AMD cards with the current numbering scheme, follow these basic rules:

#1. Don't buy any AMD card where the 2ND number is less than 7.

#2. If you have to settle for a card where the 2ND number is a 7, make sure the 3RD number is also at least a 7.

#3. If at all possible, try to get a card where the 2ND number is an 8, AND that it is followed by at least a 5.

so, as an example, here's some bad cards:

6450, 6570, 6670, 6750

here's an example of good cards:

6850, 6870, 6950, 6970

the 6770 is borderline. i'd spend an extra $25-$40 and get the 6850 which is way way better.

When buying AMD cards with the current numbering scheme, follow these basic rules:

#1. Don't buy any AMD card where the 2ND number is less than 7.

#2. If you have to settle for a card where the 2ND number is a 7, make sure the 3RD number is also at least a 7.

#3. If at all possible, try to get a card where the 2ND number is an 8, AND that it is followed by at least a 5.

so, as an example, here's some bad cards:

6450, 6570, 6670, 6750

here's an example of good cards:

6850, 6870, 6950, 6970

the 6770 is borderline. i'd spend an extra $25-$40 and get the 6850 which is way way better.

This is just pure rubbish.

I did and if I look at your last post where you said #1. Don't buy any AMD card where the 2ND number is less than 7.

It backs up my point, you have really misunderstood what you are looking at.

so, you think the 6670 is a good card then?

the 2nd number is less than 7 and it is a garbage card for gaming.

Good card, far beyond what you would need for this game, with the Correct CPU and memory you could also play BF3 and Skyrim on Ultra.

Yup, I'm running an ATI Radeon HD 6770 with Intel Core i7 2600 and 10GB ram. I do run Skyrim on Ultra and Battlefield 3 just fine.

I'm having major graphical issues with this game though. Wish they'd fix this game!

nice system , video card will run in full HD at high settings.

Edited by trooperrob

I went with a Sapphire HD 6850 last time I upgraded, which, according to: http://www.hwcompare.com/5892/radeon-hd-6770-vs-radeon-hd-6850/ , is more powerful. And if you're buying online, the 6850 will be about the same price as the 6770 in-store.

Both are good cards though. And I know Sapphire includes a very nice, free program to OC if that's what you want to do.

Sapphire edition card are crap and noone should ever buy these.

The 5 series has DX11 support as well. That was AMD's first DX11 series. Remember the 5770?

If you're gonna spend money on a new card, wait a few weeks or so and save up for a card that's the *real deal* so you don't have to upgrade again in a year.

I had a 5770 for a year before I had some troubles with it and got it upgraded under warranty to a 6770 about 7 months ago. It is a mid range card that works well with new games. It doesn't do high AA or smoke effects very well, but aside from that it is a good card. With a core i5 and 6GB of ram I can run most new games on high to ultra settings at decent frame rate, including SWTOR and Skyrim.

Overall, it is an inexpensive card that still performs well but it has been out for a long time and is quickly becoming outdated.

Yeah, running an HD5770 here, it's great bang for buck. I think the 6770 is more or less the same card, so I can recommend it.

Don't run it on a very high resolution widescreen monitor though. I'm getting a solid 50-60 fps (except in Fleet of course) with everything max max, AA included, on an old DualCore comp - but that's on a 1280x1024 4:3 format monitor. I think the card could handle one of the lower resolution widescreens (e.g. 1440x990, 1650x whatever) with everything maxed, but not some of the monster widescreens you get nowadays (not without lowering some things). I don't think it could handle a 1900 type monitor without going Low on some settings, and turning off shadows (which I'd hate to do).

It's greatest virtue is that it allows you to play modern games with great visuals reasonably playably, on the cheap. But it's not a miracle worker.

Edited by gurugeorge

• 3 weeks later...