Really people?

HerrBlitzkrieg

Why do you feel compelled to compare it to anything else? I see this as the major defense from people who find that there is nothing wrong with the game - comparing it to a game that was released 7 years ago.

When I bought a 2011 FPV GS 315 last year I didn't compare it to a car that was released in 2004, I compared it to vehicles that were made in late 2010 and 2011. Why? Because technology has progressed, and with it, my expectations.

Just don't compare SWTOR to anything else. Some are comfortable with the game where it is, whilst others are not. I'm not comfortable of where it's at. I feel the release was rushed and the game could've done with another 5-6 months of development and beta testing.

It feels to me that I am paying for access to beta test the game for them. I don't blame Bioware for it. I do believe that EA pushed them into releasing early for the Xmas sales. The release date says it all really - There's not many AAA titles that can say they released 4 days before Xmas.

The Xmas selling period begins around the 15th November and ideally SWTOR should've been released between then and the 1st December for maximum sales, but imho EA have said "we want this out before Xmas, no more excuses, what date can you deliver?". I've never known a AAA game to be released without AA or high texture graphics - That alone proves they were rushed.

Well i think that EA was the reason for this too early release also cause i doubt that BW had anything to say about it considering that EA owns Bioware. First month seems to be the time limit for new MMOs to make it or break it these days, when free month is over in few days, i think they didnt make it.

the thing is I can pay 15 dollars a month for a decently polished game without horrid FPS issues, or pay 15 dollars a month and wait for them to fix it. I will just not pay for now and come back in a few months

Then don't come back. My original comment already had a response to this post of yours. And you even came up with the same conclusion, it seems, in your post.

Edited by ZinLae

Then don't come back. My original comment already had a response to this post of yours. And you even came up with the same conclusion, it seems in your post.

If you want to be a fanatical purist and push everyone who dislikes certain aspects of the game to leave, you will be left with a very small population and a handful of servers. You want people to stay so that they can continue developing content while fixing bugs and adding in quality of life features that are a standard across the board for modern MMOs.

Don't hate, appreciate... the people that raise issues and put pressure on developers to fix them. Without them, we'd still be playing terrible games.

I would agree with this but you have to realize that making a game as massive as an MMO is HARD. I know that a lot of you lazy slobs just sit on your *** all day and make bank off of your rich moms, maybe some of you have lives, some even supporting families, however those people aren't complaining. Some of the people complaining never did an ounce of work in their lives. What do you think they are doing at Bioware? Living it up? Dancing in piles of money? Do you think that they are looking at the game and being like "Oh problems, well, **** that we're lazy" No. No they are not. What they are probably trying to do is sort out the most important problems to the least important, trying to balance things out the best they can, fixing game breaking bugs. things that work? yeah those are not their priorities. Also, this is a MASSIVE game. Yeah, they have a lot of money and a lot of time, but rome wasn't built in a day, and pouring money on something doesn't automatically fix it, even though you may think so. So stop complaining, submit calm, helpful feedback, and maybe try to enjoy the game rather than freaking out about barely noticeable things.

The "This game is new, give it a chance to mature" always cracks me up.

What is beta for if not to fix the game? It has been developed for years! When you release a product you do it because you think it is finished. A company that releases an unfinished product doesn't deserve any symphaty.

I would agree with this but you have to realize that making a game as massive as an MMO is HARD.

I'm a Managing Director in a company with about 80,000 employees. We were developing a service last year, the budget was only $30M not the $100M+ BioWare spent but still, a large project. One employee actually came to one of my Directors and complained that the project was "so hard" and couldn't we just release it and fix later.

She fired him the next day.

Yes its hard - that's why they get paid. Difficulty is not a reason to excuse corporate mediocrity.

Edited by barwnKesteven

When your MMO releases with:

1. All of the high setting textures and other graphical effects missing or broken
  2. A counterintuitive UI that cannot be moved or personalised in any way
  3. Ability delay (need I say more?)
  4. A laundry list of bugs and glitches, a lot of which have been in the game since well before release

your MMO simply isn't in release-worthy shape. Now, I know MMO forums are generaly a place where people go to complain and so there's an inordinate amount of complainers here, but never in all my 17 years of playing MUDs and MMOs have I seen as many early post-release complaints as on these forums. Some of it is because of all the people who fell for the ridiculous hype that preceeded this game, some of it is from trolls and the like, but most of it stems from genuine concerns about things that just shouldn't be wrong with an MMO that releases on the final days of 2011.

This crap was excusable a decade ago, but no more. Game's good, but there are some elementary problems that I would maybe expect an indie developer to experience; certainly not Bioware.

There a bunch of people out there that simply lose all perspective when it comes to MMOs. Normal games, if a person doesn't like them, they just move on with only a few trolling less popular forums. When it comes to MMOs, many players feel like their gf/bf just dumped them when it doesn't work out, and proceed to act as if jilted. It's quite hilarious.

There a bunch of people out there that simply lose all perspective when it comes to MMOs. Normal games, if a person doesn't like them, they just move on with only a few trolling less popular forums. When it comes to MMOs, many players feel like their gf/bf just dumped them when it doesn't work out, and proceed to act as if jilted. It's quite hilarious.

ever heard of a game called dragon age 2?

Edited by Thelongroad

If you want to be a fanatical purist and push everyone who dislikes certain aspects of the game to leave, you will be left with a very small population and a handful of servers. You want people to stay so that they can continue developing content while fixing bugs and adding in quality of life features that are a standard across the board for modern MMOs.

Don't hate, appreciate... the people that raise issues and put pressure on developers to fix them. Without them, we'd still be playing terrible games.

Look before you leap. All I'm saying is that instead of people talking how much better [insert game title here] is, just go back to it. Your choices are to actually give feed back in the forums and wait, whether it's positive or negative, or you can move on. But some how, people have it in there heads that they need to announce that they want to quit. Just go. You'll probably be more likely to get a result by hurting their pockets some. I'm not pushing, just suggesting. People are going bat-**** crazy. I personally have run into very few problems (very lucky). I've maybe crashed 4 times, maybe that many. And I feel sorry for everyone that has to deal with this constantly amongst other problems. But when the complaints turn into rants and every 7 out of 10 people are being an ***, expect to be ignored for the most part. I will agree that some things should've been fixed by now but repeating threads with more anger in each 1 doesn't solve the problem any faster, it generates more anger in the forums.

All I am saying is give this MMO some time to mature and become something great. Yes I have played many MMO's WoW included, and I can say I have had the most fun with this game so far. However, I think people just like to complain and simply look for things in a game to be upset about.

Actually what you're experiancing now is called "New Factor"

Don't you think it's amazing that every time the new "WoW killer" comes out, there are LEGIONS of people who rabidly defend it with excuses like:

-But it just released!

-But it has potential!

-But MMO X had this problem, so it's fine if this one has it to!

EVERY.... TIME.

SWTOR will be another failed WoW killer in the long list of failed WoW killers

The sad thing is that even if SWTOR got EVERYTHING right, the MOST it could hope to be is a WoW clone with voice overs.

Such wasted potential

Edited by Blackwater

I do fear for this game, I hope it can keep it's numbers up long enough to get past the "extended beta but you pay for it" phase. Right now everything has some bug, every piece of UI is badly designed, every chair is unsittable, every fight is unreviewable, every move is unresponsive, and as these things weigh on people over the months I'm sure many will quit. I really like this game I've been playing it practically non-stop since I got it, but I do find it hard to justify paying for it.

I do fear for this game, I hope it can keep it's numbers up long enough to get past the "extended beta but you pay for it" phase. Right now everything has some bug, every piece of UI is badly designed, every chair is unsittable, every fight is unreviewable, every move is unresponsive, and as these things weigh on people over the months I'm sure many will quit. I really like this game I've been playing it practically non-stop since I got it, but I do find it hard to justify paying for it.

Word. The complete lack of useable environment is a huge problem on RP servers.

Come on, this game has just been released. I am seeing so many complainers that does nothing. At least

keep it to yourself. I am sorry this game is not right for you. But, you need to understand that this is a different mmo than seen in past.

Also give Bioware a break, because before they do any expansions they are going to minimize the bugs. Personally I enjoy the game with currently a lvl 24 trooper and find the story excellent as well as gameplay.

All the 50s on my server are happy because they get 50 brackets tomorrow.

that's all fine but have some foresight. There's too much imbalance in the game period so its only gonna get worst with 50's only brackets. Ilium is unplayable because of how huge it is and the stupid way they did the capping and dailies. Rewards for kills means nothing because the republic will be overwhelmed.

TOR has launched with more Polish and content then most MMOs have. Compare WoW launch day to TORs from server stability to balance to content and TOR wins by a mile. The problems TOR has is small as far as MMOs go.

That would be great, but you fan boys seem to think its 2004 and competing with WoW from 2004. Its 2012 competing with WoW of 2012. Lets say I start a franchise for computers. My computers are all 7 years behind. I tell you "I just started give me more time." Would I sell a thing? NO.

Edited by Zaznak

That would be great, but you fan boys seem to think its 2004 and competing with WoW from 2004. Its 2011 competing with WoW of 2011. Lets say I start a franchise for computers. My computers are all 7 years behind. I tell you "I just started give me more time." Would I sell a thing? NO.

Actually, put a "Star Wars"-sticker on the computers and fanbois would jump on the deal. Probably pay extra for a statue and book as well. :p

Hello everyone,

We are closing this thread. While we understand that people can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this, while made with good intentions, tend to draw out people who wish to be overly negative and incite flames. In the future, please create threads that encourage gameplay discussion and not ones which criticize the community.

We also encourage everyone to please read this thread from AllisonBerryman regarding constructive feedback on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141421

We will close this now. Thank you.