Is this the type of community we are going to see in SWTOR?

boobot

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of makes me wonder if this is your first MMO lol. All of these MMO 'communities" are the same. People come here to vent frustration because it is the only outlet they have that feels official. Then of course, people complain about the complaining.

Its a big cycle that will never stop. And I suspect will be worse here (in early days especially) because everyone's expectations are VERY high for this game and this company.

No no, I've played a few but maybe it's been awhile since I've been on a forum at launch with such a large initial player base :)

Lol while I'd phrase it slightly nicer.. I'm gonna agree with the majority of the message.

You pre-order a game to ensure you HAVE said game upon LAUNCH.

A company offering a few free days of access prior to listed launch is a nice gift, a BONUS, not something people should be griefing so much over simply cause they aren't as of yet getting the full 5+ days of early access. *Shrugs*

Don't you belive that the whole thing is a marketing stunt ? Don't be naive. They could be given access to all if the wanted.

I think we need a dedicated Toddler Thread for all the whining.

Edit: Yes, I guess you are right what did we expect! It seems even

much worse than the Beta crying though.

I'm sad to say that this is the kind of community we can expect anywhere (mostly atleast) on the internet nowadays, due to the decline in proper parenting over the last 2 decades (the decline has accelerated "lately") creating a lot of self entitled, spoiled and impatient people/children.

omplainers complaing about complainers! <Face Palm>

There is nothing wrong with people being eager to play the best game of all time.

I feel the same way. We all want in first. Nothing wrong witht that.

Bioware should be happy that people are complaining. This means THEY CARE.

Once they get in they will forget all about this junk.

Being eager constitutes setting up massive threads on the consipiracy around Bioware's launch methods? I'm sorry but these folks DON'T care for constructive feedback sake. ;)

Well, you also have to realise that the percentage of people that actually post on these forums is very small when compared to those that play the game... and don't bother with the forums at all.

I bet the in game community will be much more stable and mature than the forums. Forums have a tendency to draw the worst elements out. It has been like this since EQ and the SOE forums.

Once I get in game I doubt I will visit the forums very often. As of right now they are the prime source of information. That will change with time and I will most likely only visit the forums to read news posts or dev blogs or if the servers crash ro something to get a status update.

You always have to keep in mind that its a minority of the total amount of pre-orders that are actually posting on the forums. You can't really judge an entire community based on a few hundred QQ posts.

This is standard as far as MMO launches go, and yes, it'll seem worse as there's a lot more players interested in the game, but it'll quiet down as soon as they are in-game. They wouldn't be here posting on the forums if they weren't interested in the game.

Then comes the next phase:

The QQ-threads about problems with the game, their experience or whatever. "I quit" threads and so on, so forth.

This behaviour is not unique to SWTOR alone, and you can't really shift the blame to people coming over from WoW, since it's the same pretty much everywhere.

You shouldn't judge a game's community this early anyway, and especially not from the forums alone.

- Elim

People are bad in real life or internets. Have you been in a Walmart return line on Friday or Sat night, esp around holidays? There was a middle age lady with her hands on her hips sighing and looking around with such an extremely serious expression I could become physically ill.

At least on the internet we do not have to see people's overly serious faces for those that are way too serious in life.

I think all the real fans/community members have pre-ordered the 21st. And are actualy playing the game/having fun :p

I did, but didn't get my code until the 27th :p

I've got 50 hours worth of work this week anyways, so not super concerned with early access. Just want my character's name.

For the first few years of its MMO life, Lord of the rings online had the very best community, hands down. Then F2P hit, and everything went crazy, the higher levels still have a lot of good people though.

Yes.. but that game drew a more mature audience, not going to be that way here unfortunatly.

People want attention, they have to post extreme views of whatever they happen to believe to get it. So either Bioware is the devil trying to humiliate them, or it is the greatest thing that ever happened to mankind and they have to make their point as passionately as possible.

People want attention, they have to post extreme views of whatever they happen to believe to get it. So either Bioware is the devil trying to humiliate them, or it is the greatest thing that ever happened to mankind and they have to make their point as passionately as possible.

This is why I like using VATS in Fallout games.