Juyo, Shii-cho and Ataru Forms.

stevepidge

This may be a ways down on the "to-do" list, but it would be nice if each form had a visual difference when holding the light saber at ready or when running.

Single blade lightsabers below

Ataru = reverse hilt lightsaber hold, akin to Ahsoka Tano.

Shii - Cho = The way jedi gaurdians hold a light saber in game.

Juyo = They way Sith Juggs hold lightsaber.

Dual Wield

Ataru = Double reverse Ahsoka Tano

Shii - Cho = Current Dual wield hold

Juyo = one reverse one forward grip.

There's also 4 more forms known in the kotor universe.

This causes me to nerd rage mostly to myself.:mad:

Blah also why do the sith warrior and jedi knight get all the forms? I'm quite sure the shadow and the assassin need them. Also there are forms that increase force powers would it have killed BW to toss one to sorcerer's and Sages?

While we are on the topic don't all jedi and sith learn one base defensive form? This would help hugely for the caster classes when they get swarmed to have a fighting chance.

okay I'm done.... /twitch

Yeah, I was quite disappointed when I got Soresu form it still hold the lightsaber like normal. A visual difference would be nice. (although preferable none of that two lightsabers in reverse grip thing, it looked utterly ridiculous in TFU 2...oh how I wish they went for double bladed in that game...)

I agree with you, the game could use more of these kind of slight flavour bits.

I myself play Commando, and would like to see some more detail but into assault cannons, just saying that the lightsaber form animations are not the only area where there aesthetic improvements could be made. Even tho it does have more lore behind it.

Like you said, it's definetly not even near at the top of "To-Do" list, but there is a portion of players out there (mostly those that don't use their time to stare at the quickbar when casting :rolleyes: ) that want to see objects and animations acting "accordingly" in the game.

Also.

/signed

Edited by MajesticKanki

This may be a ways down on the "to-do" list, but it would be nice if each form had a visual difference when holding the light saber at ready or when running.

Single blade lightsabers below

Ataru = reverse hilt lightsaber hold, akin to Ahsoka Tano.

Shii - Cho = The way jedi gaurdians hold a light saber in game.

Juyo = They way Sith Juggs hold lightsaber.

Dual Wield

Ataru = Double reverse Ahsoka Tano

Shii - Cho = Current Dual wield hold

Juyo = one reverse one forward grip.

I like the basic idea but your obsession with Ahsoka Tano is very disturbing. The reverse grip is a characteristic of some Shien users, not Artaru. Artaru is best illustrated by Yoda, Qui-Gon, Episode 1 Obi-Wan and Luke Skywalker [some]. Should be a double hand grip.

That would be cool but the problem would be that if they're only holding the sabers like that while running or idle it's going to look a bit strange when they enter combat. Imagine running around with your sabers reverse gripped and then your character having to flip them around every time they start attacking something.

If they could get around to making combat animations for reverse grip though so your character wouldn't have to flip their lightsabers around when they attack it would be awesome.

I like the basic idea but your obsession with Ahsoka Tano is very disturbing. The reverse grip is a characteristic of some Shien users, not Artaru. Artaru is best illustrated by Yoda, Qui-Gon, Episode 1 Obi-Wan and Luke Skywalker [some]. Should be a double hand grip.

Ahsoka Tano is the only jedi that I have seen using the shien style. So that is the only comparison i could draw. As for what grip should be specific to what form I have no idea. It is just an idea :)

I'm not sure who this Ahsoka chick is as I've never really delved too far into novels/cartoons. But when I read 'reverse grip', I think of Starkiller and frankly I'd pass on that. I like your other ideas.

Just the whole holding the lightsaber backwards deal just feels very impractical and I believe it should stick to the one or two chars that did it.

• 4 weeks later...

Blah also why do the sith warrior and jedi knight get all the forms? I'm quite sure the shadow and the assassin need them. Also there are forms that increase force powers would it have killed BW to toss one to sorcerer's and Sages?

While we are on the topic don't all jedi and sith learn one base defensive form? This would help hugely for the caster classes when they get swarmed to have a fighting chance.

Not EVERY SINGLE detail of the roleplaying or story has to be represented in game mechanics. They're trying to keep the game balanced, which is hard enough already.

You can always say your shadow is in Shii-Cho form, the game just doesn't give you a buff for it. Big deal. You're in whatever form you say you are.

You guys have absolutely no creativity at all. Try roleplaying some time. You don't have to be held back by the game mechanics, you're free to make up whatever you want. Tell your own story.

I don't need a developer to make a button to push for every little idea I have. I just go "ah, cool idea!".

USE YOUR IMAGINATION! OMG! WHAT A CONCEPT!

Video games seem to have lobotomized this generation.

Edited by miliways

This is a cool idea, but I'm pretty sure the developers have already thought of it. Its pretty obvious.

The thing is, it requires a TON of new animations to be done, and animations are not easy by any means. They take lots and lots and lots of time. And you're not just talking about a few animations, you're talking about tons of them. You're talking about re-doing all the existing animations over again in a new style.

It'd look cool, but would you even really notice it that much in the heat of battle?

Again, I think you guys just don't realize how much work or time these things take. Its okay if you don't have a background in software development or 3d modeling. But trust me, these are the opposite of trivial changes.

And I'd much rather they work on bug fixes and new content rather than re-do the existing things over and over again for some small variety.

Don't get me wrong, it'd be awesome. If we could flip a switch and have it, absolutely. But that's life, guys. You gotta be realistic.

Edited by miliways

• 7 months later...

i agree completely, one of my favorite forms(makashi, mainly just because i fence irl i think, though my love for it has started to wane after looking into the lore of the in game forms, specifically shi cho, juyo, and soresu), but i can understand it as they probably use some variation of niman or shi cho(maybe soresu in tank spec?) seeing as the classes themselves are still focused around the force even if the ac does have a lot of lightsaber combat, so i see where they are coming from by allowing only the lightsaber focused classes to use multiple forms. again, i agree, but i highly doubt it.

another thing i kinda dont like but still again see is the two acs using different forms. it completely makes sense from both a balancing perspective and even a lore perspective to an extent, but i still kinda feel like that both acs should be able to use all the in game forms(maybe make each talent tree balanced around your choice between two forms? like maybe vigilance guardian could use shien or ataru[i swear its more acrobatic than combat for sentinel which does use ataru]). my main reasoning here is that there is very little choice for someone wanting the aesthetics of single saber dps. you can either extremely gimp yourself as a shadow or sent using 1 saber, or you can use focus or vig on the guardian. no other choices. Seems like single saber should have way more options than any of the other lightsaber focused acs, perhaps going so far as to even have 2 acs(dont ask me how they would do this idk), as there is ONE. uno. each. un. ein. person in all of the movies(and not even that many in the EU) that does not use a single, single bladed lightsaber(not including people who dont use lightsabers ofc).