This is an OUTRAGE!!

Jocken

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Soviet Norway we get the swedes to do the work for us. Theres so many swedes working in Norway atm they`ve gone from a nation to a product.

Soon we`re probably gonna see tv commercials like

EVERY HOME SHOULD HAVE ONE !

NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!

ONLY 9.99£ AN HOUR!

:D

I don`T see why your ridiculing the OP, he makes a pretty legit complaint. He dosen`T articulate it well but it is still a legit complaint. This conversion issue and the maintenance times does make me feel like BW threat European customers badly.

Is it enough for me to wanna stop playing the game ? No not at all and in the end thats probably the only thing the company cares about.

I don`T know why they do this but i`m pretty sure its not a tax issue cause different nations have different tax laws and if understand correctly they fee is the same in all of the EU.

I also find that it is the company putting in a buffer to insure profits even if there is a dramatic shift in exchange rate doubtful. Cause well as have been said servers for Europe is in Europe. So the operational cost is in the same currency as the income.

Maybe its more expensive to operate servers in the EU then in the US so that explains why it is more expensive to play the game here, but if that is the reason why make it a direct conversion between euro and dollars. I doubt the extra cost exactly fits the difference in the 2 currency exchange rate. So it seems pretty clear to me the European players are overpaying for this game comperd to north american players.

So with BW most likely making us overpay for there game comperd to there american customers why can`T they at least give us maintenance times better suited to aour time zone ?

I do not know if the EU players knows this or any other player for that matter. I did some calculation and I found out something so very disturbing and annoying that it irks me incredibly.

Gametime....

Americans 14.95 dollars

Europeans 14.95 euro

14.95 euro is NOT 19.95 dollars, its actually 19.026 dollars.

So we are actually paying somewhere between 20-25% more for gametime than the americans. does this by any means sound fair?

I want the prices to be adjusted to ONE price... it is 14.95 dollars the use Origins or whatever you use to make the appropriate cost change into my countries currency.

14.95 dollars is 104 swedish krona and last I checked the price subtrakted from my account will be 119 swedish krona, thats 12 percept more I pay than the price actually is.

Id say for BW and EA to start showing the prices for what they are, not claim it is 14.95 dollars or whatever they claim but show the prices in the currency they are actually charding so that the person buying actually knows the cost of the subscription BEFORE they buy the game.

Im not willing to pay 10% or 15% or 20% more than the americans for the same game, I was equal treatment.

Either that or let us all pay our gametime in dollars to make it fair on everyone else.

You may complain to your centralized government authority about the imposition of the VAT upon the price of the service each month.

American customers do not have to pay such a thing. If American players do get saddled with a VAT, rest assured, our prices will go up as well.

Edit: LOL I should have looked at the page numbers. This was probably answered 15 pages ago.

Edited by Kubernetic

I don`T see why your ridiculing the OP, he makes a pretty legit complaint. He dosen`T articulate it well but it is still a legit complaint. This conversion issue and the maintenance times does make me feel like BW threat European customers badly.

Is it enough for me to wanna stop playing the game ? No not at all and in the end thats probably the only thing the company cares about.

I don`T know why they do this but i`m pretty sure its not a tax issue cause different nations have different tax laws and if understand correctly they fee is the same in all of the EU.

I also find that it is the company putting in a buffer to insure profits even if there is a dramatic shift in exchange rate doubtful. Cause well as have been said servers for Europe is in Europe. So the operational cost is in the same currency as the income.

Maybe its more expensive to operate servers in the EU then in the US so that explains why it is more expensive to play the game here, but if that is the reason why make it a direct conversion between euro and dollars. I doubt the extra cost exactly fits the difference in the 2 currency exchange rate. So it seems pretty clear to me the European players are overpaying for this game comperd to north american players.

So with BW most likely making us overpay for there game comperd to there american customers why can`T they at least give us maintenance times better suited to aour time zone ?

We have seen the dollar almost on par with the Euro a few years ago and it has been at almost 50 €-cent, too. There is more behind making a price point than simply calculating costs, benefits and exchange rates. The exchange rate might change dramtically within a year´s time, but the money I am willing to pay for an MMO definitely will not.

You may complain to your centralized government authority about the imposition of the VAT upon the price of the service each month.

American customers do not have to pay such a thing. If American players do get saddled with a VAT, rest assured, our prices will go up as well.

Edit: LOL I should have looked at the page numbers. This was probably answered 15 pages ago.

but the US has much higher Corporate taxes than most other countries in Europe.....

damn reading politics in game forums is such a pain in the ***. they would not go to the OECD and check if their believes are right, no they just take their FOX news "facts" and think they know what they talk about.....

damn, play less and learn more if you want to talk about such things.

Edited by Aanthanur

I do not know if the EU players knows this or any other player for that matter. I did some calculation and I found out something so very disturbing and annoying that it irks me incredibly.

Gametime....

Americans 14.95 dollars

Europeans 14.95 euro

So we are actually paying somewhere between 20-25% more for gametime than the americans. does this by any means sound fair?

I want the prices to be adjusted to ONE price... it is 14.95 dollars the use Origins or whatever you use to make the appropriate cost change into my countries currency.

14.95 dollars is 104 swedish krona and last I checked the price subtrakted from my account will be 119 swedish krona, thats 12 percept more I pay than the price actually is.

Id say for BW and EA to start showing the prices for what they are, not claim it is 14.95 dollars or whatever they claim but show the prices in the currency they are actually charding so that the person buying actually knows the cost of the subscription BEFORE they buy the game.

Im not willing to pay 10% or 15% or 20% more than the americans for the same game, I was equal treatment.

Either that or let us all pay our gametime in dollars to make it fair on everyone else.

I say this guy gets post of the day.... come on... it's a outrage if he does not right?

I tell ya what.. I AM MAD THE COST...of BMW's DAMN YOU EU people... it is a outrage at the cost you pay vs what I pay!!!! I TELL YA!!!! OUTRAGE!

Gametime....

Americans 14.95 dollars

Europeans 14.95 euro

Ever heard of a thing called "exhcange rate" and that those numbers are subject to constant change?

but the US has much higher Corporate taxes than most other countries in Europe.....

damn reading politics in game forums is such a pain in the ***. they would not go to the OECD and check if their believes are right, no they just take their FOX news "facts" and think they know what they talk about.....

damn, play less and learn more if you want to talk about such things.

The US has higher **nominal** corporate taxes. Due to deductions the US effective corporate tax rate is one of the lowest in the world.

according to this research, the effective coorp. tax is still slightly above OECD average.

http://assets.opencrs.com/rpts/R41743_20110331.pdf

Yeah, I've seen different figures from different years. I'm not 100% about 2011 because I just remember what I saw from the news. I think the general point still stands that the effective tax rates in the US are far below the nominal rates.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.