Any Actual females not female characters play this game?

Jesterhexes

This thread is a lie, women dont play video games :D

Haha - I remember in SWG at launch (my first MMO) being told that I had to prove that I was a female or this person wouldn't believe me. About half the cantina couldn't stop laughing when I asked bewildered why a picture of a lady old enough to be their grandmother would prove anything?

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game yes. Your server, I assume so, cuz we are many...

Does it really matter though? I never pay any attention to who is who in an MMO cuz if they want me to know, they'll tell me...lol. When I played EQ2 I didnt know who was male or female until we started using Teamspeak. I wasn't really surprised, though, even I'm not openly girl-ish ingame with people I don't know. And when I say know, I'm not talking about knowing your dwarf inherited her beard from her mother...lol.

My wife and I both play. I generally play a mix of female or male based on whether my wife is available to create a male toon for me because I don't find men attractive and I cannot stand having fugly characters. Thus, if my wife creates the male character, I assume it is an attractive character and then it does not bother me to play it. She generally plays female but usually has one male toon that she solo's with because she doesn't get bugged about whether she is a real woman or not.

So I guess when it is all said and done, I make female characters because I can make ones I find attractive, not because I want to look at a pixilated clothed butt all day. I like beautiful things whether inanimate or animate and I find women in general a beautiful work of art.

You’re the one being sexist here. I’m a fully grown, straight woman tyvm (which I’ll freely admit here to get my point across since my toons/servers aren’t associated). Maybe you would have figured that out if I had one of the pretty, femy avatars that most “out” females on here sport?

Hey, guess what? Some women crave attention and do things to get it. You saying that you don’t put up with anybody suggesting that is another sexist viewpoint. Men have also been known to do things for attention in case you were under any delusions about that. Making a POST about the fact that you're female is different than telling your friends in-game. If you can't see the difference.. /shrug.

I would have no one keep silent. If you had bothered to read the rest of my post you would have seen that. I argue with people all the time when they’re being jerks. I don’t, however, feel the need to tell them I’m female in order to present an articulate, intelligent argument. If people are talking badly about women and your only argument is “hey, I’m a girl” then I hate to break this to you but you lose the argument.

As for your PS - If you want to keep treating women gamers like they are ultra-special that’s your choice. Personally I’ve seen the effect it has on some of these women/girls who start to believe they are indeed ultra-special because of it and it annoys me. But, as I said before, I expect better of women. Which is possibly where I actually am sexist. How dare I expect better.

The only thing that is 100% clear in this thread is that you bear a level animosity towards female gamers.

Edited by MarojMelon
Brevity

I wish there was some females in my guild or females I knew on my server, playing with a bunch of dudes all the time is boring. This is my personal experience but in past mmos where I had females friends we seemed to have much more fun together. We'd go do fun quests or get titles whereas my male friends never wanted to do random stuff like that.

I've seen a lot of shifts in mentality happen when someone is thought to be a girl or a guy.

How they're treated, how they're talked to, what's talked about around them. The whole social interaction scene shifts one very massive degree.

I've seen raids wipe because a male-played healer overfocused on a known female raider's character, going out of his way to be protective.

I've seen a couple of different women mocked and derided and outright disbelieved when saying so to the tune of 'Vag pics or ****".

I've seen guild leaders in Officer chat (not just in WoW) discreetly say to all-presumed-male officers that so-and-such is a woman IRL so don't ask her to tank, they can't drive either.

I've seen some women exploit their genuine female gender like social assassins, wrap important guild figures around their fingeres and use their female voice in vent as a bargaining chip for favors, free stuff and biases in favor of their interests. One even MSN'd nude pictures of herself to a fellow guildmember so he'd pretty much just give her whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted it.

I've seen known female gamers be specifically targeted in competetive games 'to put them in their place; in the kitchen lololol'. I've seen tempers explode into screaming incoherence when such attempts sometimes backfired and said female gamer...well, in these specific cases, out-gunned them.

I could go on for a long, long time. I'm sure a great many here could if they were so inclined.

My point, as I do have one, is that anyone that thinks there's not an awful lot of bias generally against female gamers in these games' social environments is utterly, pitifully wrong.

It's interesting to observe, from an objective point of view, but more importantly, at least to me, it's abhorrent to look at and live with.

Hence, purple. I treat everybody as though their gender is utterly irrelevant, I honestly can't find it in myself to care, not even a little, if they even have a gender at all, and my own gender will be of relevance in kind -just- as soon as it improves my damage, or damage mitigation, or something of substance in terms of game function.

Purple. It really works for me, and I'd recommend it to anybody.

This posting is so interesting it deserves its own thread.

Edited by MarojMelon
Brevity

i think you need to find a different guild...possibly one with a minimum age requirement.

id rather look at a female when i play, its more appealing to the eye. weird

Most guys use that argument and I can understand why to an extend, although that understanding usually applies to non-RPers. However, if you spend a while on roleplaying servers, regardless of the MMO, you'll soon notice that the female characters population more often than not exceeds the males one by far and so does the number of homosexual couples in comparison to the heterosexual ones.

Why? Take a wild guess... And that is disturbing. No matter how you look at it. Two guys roleplaying to be females and have a relationship? Even if one of them is indeed a female in the real world, it's still weird.

As for the not being in a mature guild, not always is the surprise as obvious as in the example you quoted. Most of the times it happens in whispers, hidden from the rest of the guild. The ones doing it are not necessarily young either. I'm not talking about just a single game for a few months. I've experienced this for years throughout several games and guilds.

Lastly, in regards to female gamers abusing the male nature on MMOs, one has to keep in mind that some of the male players are so asking for it, which is admittedly sad.

Example: a female manages to keep her gender secret for a long while, while being in a hardcore PvP guild full of male players and before the necessity for voice com arises in order to increase effectiveness in PvP. People hear her. The word spreads. Not only within the guild, but the server/realm. Said female is suddenly getting whispers from strangers she never encountered before, trying to be chatty/flirty for no apparent reason, even promising things that would usually make anyone think twice before rejecting them (tons of in-game currency, titles, gear, even real money for their game time and other things).

Now, don't get me wrong, I do realize that most people would suggest those guys are mostly "frisky teenagers, who never experienced anything with a female and seek out to compensate online". The real surprise comes when said guys turn out to be must older than teenagers or even family guys.

It's easy to throw the blame on females and most of the time it's actually justified, since many female gamers do use this 'power' to achieve certain goals. But taking a more objective look will reveal that guys are sometimes almost begging to be manipulated.

I'm not defending either side here, mind you. I'm merely saying that in takes two to tango. If you're smart enough a guy, you'll never get wrapped around anyone's finger, especially not in a MMO where you can't even see the person talking to you (I won't refer to people falling for voice manipulation online, too depressing).

And this goes for the other side too. If you are even the slightest decent a female, you won't go around yelling about your gender, mentioning it every 5 secs no matter the topic of discussion, nor will you try manipulating every poor sod that might even be asking for it. It's this sort that has given female gamers a bad name.

Edited by Kiyosa

Why is it weird.. =/

I've always just figured if i'm going to stare at an *** for hours on end, might as well be a females.

To funny thats the exact reason I play females. I tried rolling a male char but my females look so much better in armour. If i'm gonna stair at my screen for hours I want to look at my female consular in her slave outfit.

Why is it weird.. =/

I've always just figured if i'm going to stare at an *** for hours on end, might as well be a females.

Why would you spend hours staring at a pixelated butt? I play the game and don't spend hours staring at my characters butt....that's just weird....

O.o

To funny thats the exact reason I play females. I tried rolling a male char but my females look so much better in armour. If i'm gonna stair at my screen for hours I want to look at my female consular in her slave outfit.

I just have my wife dress up like Princess Leia in the slave girl outfit...rather then have a character do it in a game :)

I'm a girl and i have a girl toon. I prefer the look of the girls but i wouldn't NOT make a guy toon. Depends on what i feel like when i make them.

I haven't read all 11 pages of this thread but it seams as though a simple question of asking if there are any other girls, has turned into a huge "You're Sexist" "No YOU'RE sexist" bashing.

Lets just say, everyone is different, everyone has their own opinions and choices. And yes, there are other girls.

End.

As a straight female, I too would rather stare at my female Sage in her slave outfit. Let's be honest, it's sexy... in that virtual-pixel-kind-of-way.

The past experiences in MMOs have drawn me to never get comfortable enough with people to let them find out who/what I am IRL. I've made friends through games, but it would get weird.

Now I just let people assume I'm male, or female... but if they try to hang on to me, adding me as a friend, etc... they're not hearing from me again either way.

Edited by Daennika

Gal here -

I've rolled a male toon before when I played WoW, but it was never one that became a serious main/alt of mine.

In all honesty, I find the female form a bit easier on the eyes, and I love strong, ****** women characters, so that's what I normally play as. :]