Orbital station orbital station orbital station

Fantastix

i want to get from place a to b... alright move to your local orbital station, where you CANT mount up.. then get into the elevator... then go through the airlock... then move to your ship

then fly to your destination...then get outta the airlock.. then move through the orbital staion where you CANT mount up.. then use the elevator

voila you are finally at your destination.. time needed 5 - 10 minutes (since loading screen takes you ton of time)

am i the only one who is ABSOLUTELY fking LIKING and LOVING this? ... NOT

Upgrade your PC. My loading screens are all less then 10 seconds.

Not everyone has the cash to do that guy. Even on a high-end machine though it is still annoying to me, generally the longest time is when loading the planet(nar shadaa takes forever for some reason).

Yeah this is one of those things I've consistently seen on various game site forums as well. This and the ability delay.

Wasted time and added tedium in the simplest travel. I suggest a port to ship - no more than 1 hr cool down. Mailbox on ship, speeders can be used everywhere, lose the airlocks, toss the shuttle, land your ship on the planet.

The most silly part is that orbital stations are often placed on planets where it makes no sense what so ever.

EG: Voss. Neutral planet which was just recently discovered, and yet it has huge Republican space station above it build and operational already!

As if simple starport wouldn't make 10 times more sense.

The most silly part is that orbital stations are often placed on planets where it makes no sense what so ever.

EG: Voss. Neutral planet which was just recently discovered, and yet it has huge Republican space station above it build and operational already!

As if simple starport wouldn't make 10 times more sense.

space stations that size are considered very very small and could easily be "towed" and placed there with much less effort than building a ground side one

space stations that size are considered very very small and could easily be "towed" and placed there with much less effort than building a ground side one

You know that this space station is actually in the size of space station that's a center of Republic Fleet? You can see it from outside in cinematic. It's not "very-very small-class station", certainly not in 3,653 BBY.

And that for various reasons no faction should have such a big station over a neutral planet? Who would allow them to place it when Voss barely allowed outsiders to move beyond designated area of Voss-Ka.

And when you finally take off, what do you see? A cut-scene that shows your ship taking off directly from the planet's surface.

When you land you see ship going towards planet surface :)

When you take off you see ship undocking from space station.

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

You know that this space station is actually in the size of space station that's a center of Republic Fleet? You can see it from outside in cinematic. It's not "very-very small-class station", certainly not in 3,653 BBY.

And that for various reasons no faction should have such a big station over a neutral planet? Who would allow them to place it when Voss barely allowed outsiders to move beyond designated area of Voss-Ka.

When you land you see ship going towards planet surface :)

When you take off you see ship undocking from space station.

meh they regularly build multi-mile long ships ... and judging by the inside of those orbital stations they are no where even close to being very large... maybe they are pre-fabs and towed in a few chunks? ... common this is SW where they can travel 120,000 light years across an entire galaxy in a few days and you think they can't tow a space dock around?

Personally, whilst I agree that the total run from ship to shore is a bloody annoyance, I can see the reasons for the orbital stations.

I suggest the following:

1. Remove the airlocks. Aside from a handful of mission endings, they are pointless fluff. They serve no other purpose. When a player presses the button on the elevator, they should appear in their ship.
  2. Allow speeders in orbital stations, hangars and spaceports. We are allowed to use speeders in tunnels on planets, and on the fleet so there's no reason not to allow this.

Additional suggestion: Strategically place another fleet shuttle on each planet.

Edited by Tarka

• 1 month later...
i want to get from place a to b... alright move to your local orbital station, where you CANT mount up.. then get into the elevator... then go through the airlock... then move to your ship

then fly to your destination...then get outta the airlock.. then move through the orbital staion where you CANT mount up.. then use the elevator

voila you are finally at your destination.. time needed 5 - 10 minutes (since loading screen takes you ton of time)

I can agree with this but you gotta understand that it's there to waste time. It sucks but it is what it is.

The same is true for spaceports, why don't you hate those?

- You get out of ship in your hangar which you have to run through (can't mount up) to reach elevator to the main spaceport. This is an even longer trip than the first hallway you have to run through on the space station.

- Then you have to run through the spaceport main building(can't mount up). It is slightly longer than the trek through the space station main room.

- The you exit the spaceport and are finally out on the planet. On the space station, you have to click the shuttle door for this, however the planet is already loaded so its just a short blink then you are on the planet surface as well.

All in all, the trip through the space station is about the same or slightly shorter than the trip through a regular spaceport, from the point when you exit your ship to the point where you are standing on the planet surface(outside spaceport)

Edited by Sharee