Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why couldnt i kill him!!!!??? **spoilers**

Bronz

So I dont use quinne so much I tend to alternate between Jaesa and Pierce when im out and about...I dunno i just dont like quinn....

.....My dislike is compounded by the fact he last night betrayed me and tried to kill me :o , anyhow being rank 5 DS and wanting to play my part my first thoughts were how I am going to kill this douche in the most painful way! .....

then my conversation reticle came up and there is no way not to kill him...basically i can only give him a stern ticking off....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not the only one...

It doesn't make sense to keep that dialogue option in there if you can't actually kill him. Lazy.

BioWare allowed them to be killed off in Beta, people wanted to see if it could happen just because ya know. Then most of them were panicking that they just lost their healer/ranged tank/dps/whatever. So they changed it because you couldn't unmake that choice.

So don't call them lazy when it was done mainly because of how badly people were freaking out.

Check out tvtropes.org, search for The Old Republic, and scroll down to the Lost Forever entry for what Daniel Erickson had to say on the matter.

I'm well aware you were able to kill them off. My point is, instead of just altering the outcome of selecting that choice from killing them to an excuse to not kill them, they should have removed that option entirely.

Now see, that just makes too much sense, get off the internet.

YES.

"I pretty much ignored you, followed the person who betrayed you, planned your murder, and finally stabbed you in the back. Are you going to kill me?"

Dialogue Options: 1. No. 2. No. 3. No.

WHAAAAT?!?!?!!

I about threw my monitor out the window. I would have killed him on the spot. No more healer companion? Fine. He was a traitor. Scum. I have killed MANY for less. I ended up stripping him of all his armor and insult him every chance I get. Occasionally I will bring him along on a mission, gearless, just to watch him die.

It's so aggravating how there is so much variety in female NPCs in this game, but half the male NPCs on the Republic side look like they are related to Malavi Quinn. I hate Quinn, even if I have him out 99% of the time due to healbot being the superior choice for spontaneous world pvp. So, while I'm leveling my Republic alts, I am just filled with rage and disgust every time some metrosexual pretty boy NPC wants to give me a quest. Which seems like it's every other male NPC on that side.

I've said so in other threads, but I'll say it here too: I agree.

We should have the choice. Choice is good. I understand why they removed the option in general, but this storyline cries out for it.

You can only protect people from themselves so far.

Ugh, I hate this too. I mean, instead of actually fixing the problem properly. Which would mean you can kill quinn but then get a different healing companion in his place. (with the exact same stats/skill set/armour/etc) They instead just went the lazy way and removed the option to kill him.

YES.

"I pretty much ignored you, followed the person who betrayed you, planned your murder, and finally stabbed you in the back. Are you going to kill me?"

Dialogue Options: 1. No. 2. No. 3. No.

WHAAAAT?!?!?!!

I about threw my monitor out the window. I would have killed him on the spot. No more healer companion? Fine. He was a traitor. Scum. I have killed MANY for less. I ended up stripping him of all his armor and insult him every chance I get. Occasionally I will bring him along on a mission, gearless, just to watch him die.

Least we can still acquired some nice dark side points >:)

I've said so in other threads, but I'll say it here too: I agree.

We should have the choice. Choice is good. I understand why they removed the option in general, but this storyline cries out for it.

You can only protect people from themselves so far.

You could kill him earlier in the beta and everyone did and everyone cried about it. I mean it when I say everyone. It was probably the biggest complaint for a while.

You could kill him earlier in the beta and everyone did and everyone cried about it. I mean it when I say everyone. It was probably the biggest complaint for a while.

What he said.

That was the reason why killing off companions was removed during beta.

Three things I have to say about that:

Having no extra choices as companions to backfill makes it a bit risky to kill a companion.

Also, people will scream and complain about any choice BW makes. If the choices make consistent sense, fewer people will scream and complain.

If people killed him, and then magically expected him to spring to his feet and be their companion again, it's their own fault.

I agree here as well. Killing him makes so much sense. Quinn even states that he expects no mercy over the betrayal! I've never seen my char get so mad in a cutscene b4, when his eyes go completly red and he moves to END him, but wait!! Nah im just gonna stop an inch short of his life, that will teach him...

Another healer companion should have been created just for this purpose, that way ppl that want to have a light side warrior (how revolting) could have light jaesa and quinn, and darksiders would have dark jaesa and the new dark healer dude.

I hear ppl talking about killing Pierce too, I didn't know that was possible and didn't get far enough along in beta to see that. Was that an option for pierce to betray you instead of quinn? I would probably kill him off since tank companions are useless to my jugg.

Edited by Draqus

BioWare allowed them to be killed off in Beta, people wanted to see if it could happen just because ya know. Then most of them were panicking that they just lost their healer/ranged tank/dps/whatever. So they changed it because you couldn't unmake that choice.

So don't call them lazy when it was done mainly because of how badly people were freaking out.

Check out tvtropes.org, search for The Old Republic, and scroll down to the Lost Forever entry for what Daniel Erickson had to say on the matter.

In other words, they overreacted.

Again, it needs to be changed back, but only in the context of the storyline, where it makes sense (and yes, with the appropriate "YO! IDIOT!" warnings for those who don't pay attention to cause and effect).

Edited by Adwynyth

Stupid options. If he betrayed me, I would have liked the option to kill Vette.

I would have liked the option to shock Vette.

1. You will live, barely...

2. I can be forgiving

3. I understand

4. Eat lighting Noodle-head! [shock Vette]

It doesn't have to make sense.

Edited by Four_Leaf_Clover

Yeah, this is completely stupid. Wasn't this game supposed to be about choices?

I hope they eventually implement a new healer companion and they give us back the option to kill this treacherous bastard for good.

Edited by Khyle

I believe earlier in beta you had companion "packages" so to speak which allowed, for instance, Jaesa to be a healer or Vette to tank. I think it's why there are still Cunning pieces with Defense on it and such.

They probably had the option there and changed it later on when they decided to give every companion a specific role.

• 4 weeks later...

So after reading this thread, I guess I am completely wasting my time trying to romance Quinn. And female warriors don't get anyone else to romance but this guy? I thought if BW put a betrayal in the companions that it would be perhaps one who has the lowest affection. That would make more sense.

Edit--Okay I couldn't resist and went to You Tube. Apparently they "make up".

Edited by Swingkittie

So after reading this thread, I guess I am completely wasting my time trying to romance Quinn. And female warriors don't get anyone else to romance but this guy? I thought if BW put a betrayal in the companions that it would be perhaps one who has the lowest affection. That would make more sense.

Edit--Okay I couldn't resist and went to You Tube. Apparently they "make up".

I dont see how this is a "make up" able moment. The whole Hi there ive studied you for a long while now and i think ive perfected the best way to kill you. Now die as i betray you to the guy that ordered all our deaths. Eh i dont think that really gets over the whole I want to stab in face with lightsaber.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.