I'm a little worried.

Bow-Wow-Wow

I am personally having a great time with this game and although it is a little buggy, I haven't had any glaring issues. While I haven't had any problems with customer service myself, I have seen so many people on the forums complaining about it that I am scared that this game might die. I don't want this game to die and I have been defending BW in most cases (maybe because I'm just a "fanboi") but seeing and hearing from other people about the customer service really worries me. It almost feels like BW doesn't care about their players. I don't know all the facts and again, I personally have had no problems but from other people, I'm worried to say the least. If this customer service is as bad as people say it is, maybe this game deserves to die.

I am personally having a great time with this game and although it is a little buggy, I haven't had any glaring issues. While I haven't had any problems with customer service myself, I have seen so many people on the forums complaining about it that I am scared that this game might die. I don't want this game to die and I have been defending BW in most cases (maybe because I'm just a "fanboi") but seeing and hearing from other people about the customer service really worries me. It almost feels like BW doesn't care about their players. I don't know all the facts and again, I personally have had no problems but from other people, I'm worried to say the least. If this customer service is as bad as people say it is, maybe this game deserves to die.

If you go to any popular game forum, you'll see that kind of hate there. It doesn't matter what it is, there will always be the small minority complaining.

It seems like a lot because most of the people enjoying the game either defend BW on here, or are playing the game. The game has done great sales wise so far. That doesn't mean anything though, we'll just have to see if it can keep a good chuck of its subscribers.

I enjoy the game, but yes it does need a lot of work, but then again it's an MMO and vanilla WoW was pretty barren at the beginning. Most trolls don't have the patience to understand that the game can get better with time, but if no one gives it a chance, or if it loses money then obviously it will fail, and if it goes to free to play like some people want, it will become worthless, because it won't get the updates/attention it needs after that.

Edited by Enthusiast

Been playing mmorpgs since 2001...never once had to use customer service at any time...ever

Anyway the people who quit games and dont play games based on customer service are mouthbreathers. Customer service has nothing to do with gameplay or enjoyment.

Im also a firm believer that 99% of customer service tickets are user error not game issues that actually need customer service.

So you get a small team of customer service reps wrist deep in people submitting tickets because they cant wat 45 sec for a load screen and manually shut the game down then send a ticket in that their game keeps freezing when they could have just waited 15 extra seconds for the game to load.

Or the guy who kept posting that the game broke his hardware....

Either way...cant relate to these people who actually need customer service let alone the people who base decisions on spending $15 on a month off it. You all are a fascinating bunch though.

If you like this game then shut up, jeez do u really need feed the fire?

If you go to any popular game forum, you'll see that kind of hate there. It doesn't matter what it is, there will always be the small minority complaining.

It seems like a lot because most of the people enjoying the game either defend BW on here, or are playing the game. The game has done great sales wise so far. That doesn't mean anything though, we'll just have to see if it can keep a good chuck of its subscribers.

I enjoy the game, but yes it does need a lot of work, but then again it's an MMO and vanilla WoW was pretty barren at the beginning. Most trolls don't have the patience to understand that the game can get better with time, but if no one gives it a chance, or if it loses money then obviously it will fail, and if it goes to free to play like some people want, it will become worthless, because it won't get the updates/attention it needs after that.

I really don't understand why people keep harping on the "give it time", and compare it to vanilla WoW, seriously, this is 2012 right? Sorry to say, but issues like the lack of customizable UI, was standard fare in WoW shortly after it came out. People have a right to expect more from a newly launched mmo. It feels like this game has taken the genre two steps backward.

Before you start going off on me, I have not played WoW since Burning Crusade, and Im sure blizzard has added a lot of features since then. This game seems like epic fail to me.

Don't worry, OP, most of the complainers got here intending to complain before the game was released. It's how they gain their social status. When they brag about doing it in the lunchroom at skool, they're treated as cyber-heros. Just remember, tens of thousands aren't "having problems" or "harshly criticizing" like tech-gods.

At the same time, these same tens of thousands will be unlikely to post on the forums. They view the forums as being overrun by pretentious brats, a point against which it's difficult to argue.

The game won't die just because the 733T speakers' moms finally drop this credit card charge. There's more than enough of us in the game to make them the drop in the bucket they fail to realize they are.

hang in there :-)

PS They'll get to the bugs eventually...one at a time...and it does take time.

Edited by Belogard

pay no mind what anyone says, even this reply, but if you are having fun with the game thats all that matters, no one game is for everyone, it's a new mmo, no mmo in the history of gaming has launched with out bugs, and the first 6 months, you can expect, patches and down time, as far as customer service, depends on what you expect, I had a friend that had thier problem resolved in less than an hour, I had a problem took them about a day, but they got me fixed up first time, this is a huge game, lots of people, I have no idea how large the csr staff is, but I am sure it's not as large as the player base..LOL

Been playing mmorpgs since 2001...never once had to use customer service at any time...ever

Anyway the people who quit games and dont play games based on customer service are mouthbreathers. Customer service has nothing to do with gameplay or enjoyment.

Im also a firm believer that 99% of customer service tickets are user error not game issues that actually need customer service.

So you get a small team of customer service reps wrist deep in people submitting tickets because they cant wat 45 sec for a load screen and manually shut the game down then send a ticket in that their game keeps freezing when they could have just waited 15 extra seconds for the game to load.

Or the guy who kept posting that the game broke his hardware....

Either way...cant relate to these people who actually need customer service let alone the people who base decisions on spending $15 on a month off it. You all are a fascinating bunch though.

Despite the fact that I am defending the game I will say I have encountered a game breaking bug which has basically halted the progression of my highest level character, because of a class quest that I had completed a day before, suddenly re initiate dit's self via a holo call. I was already significantly further, so now I had two class quests, the old one, and the current one which technically I shouldnt be on because it still registers I have to complete the old one. So the question is...

Do I recomplete it, for fear I may cause character corruption? If I re complete it, it may make me go do the next quest I had completed, and so on. There are too many possibilities, and when consulting customer service about it, I had a quick response telling me I needed to restart the game for the problem to go way (which was utterly pointless) and if the problem persisted, I should submit a new ticket, with more information. I did that, and it took them 8 days to reply. I got the reply tonight...and what did it say?

'We are unable to help you at the present time, please be aware of possible bug fixes in later patches. '

So..awesome...yay? I basically don't want to continue with my main for fear it may become corrupt. it still says it's on chapter 1, depsite the fact that I've cleared it, only because of that old quest. so yeah, I love the game, and I want it to improve and continue and succeed, but there ARE game breaking bugs.

Honestly don't worry too much about the community. As someone posted above, there will always be people complaining and glitches and what not with anything. The real answer is this and only you can answer it: "Are you having fun playing?"

If you can answer that question based only on your experience, then you have your answer regardless of what anyone else says. If you stick with that you'll be just fine no matter what decision you make. Play for yourself, not based on anyone else's decision because no two people are the same with the same likes and wants.

Break your game and then contact costumer support. It's really the only way to test and see if cs is as bad as they say.

If your having fun enjoy it :)

"It is the squeaky wheel that gets the oil" that's all your seeing on the forums. So dont worry, however please dont become an ignorant fanboi trying to defend the game because you have to ask yourself this question.

" if you were dissatisfied with your game experience where and how would you voice it?"

The game forums???

Instead if you want to see these forums lighten up, try posting about your funny or enjoyable game experiences.

I am a pessimist which doesn't help and hence i am trolling the forums.

I had heard the customer service is slow and painful too, however my only complaint is there simply is no option you have available if you forget the answer to a security question and get locked out of your account.

This happened to me earlier but I managed to figure it out on my own after submitting a ticket that didnt help at all, though the ticket took less than an hour to get a reply even if it wasnt the one i needed.

Blizzards forums have been littered with doom the game is dieing threads for years. How did that turn out?

Any MMO general forum is always filled with more hate then love. Just a sad fact and misleading to help inform potential gamers if this game is for them or not.

but it usually gets oh so much better after freebie month...

well, not in general , its always a whinefest in general, on the boards of ANY game , just avoid it all together except for comedic value or stress relief (doing the latter)

tried that and my SWTOR club thread got locked for being off topic.

Hi everyone,

We are going to go ahead and close this thread. We ask that threads are constructive and on topic to discussing Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

As this thread is discussing

Spoiler

it is considered off topic and will be closed.

Thank you.

I got a good laugh at it being locked though

I really don't understand why people keep harping on the "give it time", and compare it to vanilla WoW, seriously, this is 2012 right? Sorry to say, but issues like the lack of customizable UI, was standard fare in WoW shortly after it came out. People have a right to expect more from a newly launched mmo. It feels like this game has taken the genre two steps backward.

Before you start going off on me, I have not played WoW since Burning Crusade, and Im sure blizzard has added a lot of features since then. This game seems like epic fail to me.

What people fail to realize is that yes it is 2012, HOWEVER, that does not mean that making an mmorpg is any easyer then wow was to make Wow was in development for how long? Lets argue, 5 years.

Tor has ONLY HAD what, 3-5 years as well? To expect a game to have 12 years worth of features aka wow of today, when it only had 3-5 years from start to finish is an impossible expectation.

Things take TIME to write. Not to mention that this ISNT the same engine that wow used nor is it the same coding at all. There is alot to this game and I think BW did their best with their 3-5 start to finish development time.

However, IF swtor had been in development for 12 years lets say, you beter be DAMN SURE that I would EXPECT this game to have almost every feature wow of today has.

Edited by Paralassa
content

Poor customer service and performance issues will chase away customers.

I really would not be too worried, until you start observing a drop off in the population of your server -- and even then only when it starts affecting your enjoyment of the game.

Imo, if you are truly concerned about customer loss, start supporting people that have issues or post criticism, instead of labeling them as 'QQers' or 'Trolls'. Odds are, if BW listens to those customers, it means they also will listen to 'you', and ultimately work to make the game better for more people -- which would help prevent your fears from coming to fruition.

What people fail to realize is that yes it is 2012, HOWEVER, that does not mean that making an mmorpg is any easyer then wow was to make Wow was in development for how long? Lets argue, 5 years.

Tor has ONLY HAD what, 3-5 years as well? To expect a game to have 12 years worth of features aka wow of today, when it only had 3-5 years from start to finish is an impossible expectation.

Things take TIME to write. Not to mention that this ISNT the same engine that wow used nor is it the same coding at all. There is alot to this game and I think BW did their best with their 3-5 start to finish development time.

However, IF swtor had been in development for 12 years lets say, you beter be DAMN SURE that I would EXPECT this game to have almost every feature wow of today has.

yes this fact is brought up all the time but it ignores the fact that people who play this genre have become accustomed to a certain level of customization that this game not only lacks but seems to be purposefully avoiding.

edit:

If they released something of an API i could play with i would be fine doing that while they continue to develop the game

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

True, had TOR launched with the same features as games have been able to launch with post-WoW.

It was not an impossible expectation to see TOR launch with a moveable UI, for example.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

So when WoW came out, did you complain that it wasn't 100% polished? Because you know, EQ came out 5 years earlier and they should of "advanced" enough technologically to just avoid bugs and have a ton of features added? MMOs are very complex games that take awhile to develop into something good. No amount of magical technology and c/ping will change that because expectations go up, along with technology/ideas.

Customizable UI was not a WoW release feature. WoW allowed user-made mods to be made for their game to customize their UI. That didn't come till QUITE a bit later on, as people were able to make functioning mods. WoW's default UI is still quite bad for how long the game has been out, even with them using many of the user-made mod's ideas. Just further proves my point, MMOs are often quite rough on release and any MMO veteran should be able to tell you that. It is a perfectly valid point.