Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

Dunzo

No... Advanced classes in this game are essentially what basic classes are in other games.

Dual spec within AC, sure. Cheaper respec costs within AC, sure.

Levelling a sentinel to 50 only to go.. HEY wait, now I wanna be a guardian.. Umm.. No.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can you prove that? from a programming standpoint, i assume you are locked into your AC solely because the class questing is different depending on your choice.

Prove what? The story for a Jedi Knight doesn't change depending on if youre a Sentinel or Guardian.

This whole reasoning of "No, just remake your character from scratch" is utterly stupid. The story is the absolute same regardless of your AC and frankly why care if people can respec? If you want a restriction, fine, let it be for 50's only. Otherwise saying "Nope, that's the way it is!" is not a valid reason for this. Or at least, give Tank/Heal AC's a viable DPS tree that you can level with.

I'm leveling just fine as a healing-spec'd class. What are you doing wrong? Hell, I'm BORED because I'm over-leveled FFS.

It's not changing a class! All they did was give each subclass 3 different talent trees instead of ONE! A class is something you pick at level 1, what type of that class you pick is at level 10! Again that's like saying a Marksman Hunter in WoW is a class, it's NOT.

They don't give a different story for ACs, they don't give different companions..........it is the same class just a different subclass.

It's a different class. The sooner you accept that the better. A class determines combat objectives, if you're changing your combat objective, you're changing your class.

====

As far as that video goes, it's irrelevant. They had the plan, sure.. but they're not doing it now. Even then, I'm happy that the decision has a bit of weight to it for once.

Edited by Freyar

Sorry to repeat myself:

You do realize that was over 7 month's ago right? It has since changed obviously, people/company's do tend to change their minds over time if something seems out of place or just unnecessary..

He also said "Currently" which was while the game was in beta.

Edited by MaGicBush

I'm leveling just fine as a healing-spec'd class. What are you doing wrong? Hell, I'm BORED because I'm over-leveled FFS.

It's a different class. The sooner you accept that the better. A class determines combat objectives, if you're changing your combat objective, you're changing your class.

It's a subclass, that's like saying different specs in WoW are different classes entirely, each spec has a different way of playing so it MUST be a different class right?

You do realize that was over 7 month's ago right? It has since changed obviously, people/company's do tend to change their minds over time if something seems out of place or just unnecessary..

Did you watch it? They said they understand that it is a tough choice. So how could they feel it was unnecessary if they said that. Leave.

Watch the video on the page before, Bioware even said "Where you specialize your class"

So no, they are not different classes.

You can use bigger letters if you want, yet the SUBclasses from SWTOR, properly named advanced CLASSES are different types of CHARACTERS since don't even share same role or if they have similar roles like damage dealing it's not performed in the same way as a simple talent change would allow like it already does once you pick your advanced CLASS and choose different talents.

Wakatta ka? Ok.

Edited by BanzaiChigau

It's a subclass, that's like saying different specs in WoW are different classes entirely, each spec has a different way of playing so it MUST be a different class right?

Advanced Classes in SWTOR are the equivalent of Classes in WoW. The sooner you realize this truth, the better off you will be.

Advanced Classes in SWTOR are the equivalent of Classes in WoW. The sooner you realize this truth, the better off you will be.

The sooner you watch the video where they stated it was just a specialization to your class the better off you will be.

Did you watch it? They said they understand that it is a tough choice. So how could they feel it was unnecessary if they said that. Leave.

Obviously something changed, as it's not in the game your logic is off. In that video he also stated "Currently" which means it could change, and that was back in alpha...

Edited by MaGicBush

You brought up WoW here, not I.

WoW

Class: Priest

Spec: Discipline, Holy, Shadow

TOR

Class: Smuggler - Scoundrel OR Smuggler - Gunslinger

Spec: Sawbones, Scrapper, Dirty Fighting, (Whatever the hell a Gunslinger Gets)

See how this works? Class is a class, your spec is based on skill tree/talent points spent. You keep lumping AC with the Skill Tree. Knock it off, Fox.

Edited by Freyar

How about no respec but yes dual spec. I mean I am a jug tank and it isn't the greatest with pvp. Yes, I can take a hit but no I do not hit hard. I mean yes I spend thousands and thousands of credits on repecing. But it would be nice to drop 1 million or even 10 million credits on dual spec to save time.

I don't have a problem with people having a PvE and a PvE skill tree alternative. I have a real problem with someone speccing a dps and then wanting to switch to a healer.

Actually they are NOT entirely new classes all they did was take 1 class and gave them their own talent trees for each spec, if they were entirely new classes they would have their own selection from the character creation screen and have their own story.

That is like saying a Marksman Hunter in WoW is it's own class, it is not.

No it's really not, the Sith Juggernaut is NOTHING like the Sith Marauder at all after level 10.

Edited by Cadiva

And if you payed attention to later interviews like the ones that took place over in Europe, they said they changed their minds and there would be no AC respec. It didn't even make it into the beta when they were Ok with having it btw.

You brought up WoW here, not I.

WoW

Class: Priest

Spec: Discipline, Holy, Shadow

TOR

Class: Smuggler - Scoundrel OR Smuggler - Gunslinger

Spec: Sawbones, Scrapper, Dirty Fighting

See how this works? Class is a class, your spec is based on skill tree/talent points spent. You keep lumping AC with the Skill Tree. Knock it off, Fox.

No those are still subclasses.

Obviously something changed, as it's not in the game your logic is off.

My logic is not off. Saying they won't do it because of some stupid reason is the dumb thing to say. They never said they will not do it. So you can't say they won't.