I'm jumping on the Operative rant hear me out..

Torothin

This class is pretty beast. But with me being a LvL 50 PT and having an operative uncloak and do whatever he does to me and see my health go down to 15-20% health...Something has go to give here. This seems it is like PvPing on easy mode. Uncloak do the dps and finish him off. You should not be able to do that kind of intial burst DPS to a tank.

If you see him coming that's one thing. But the fact that the Operative can uncloak and then do that kind of DPS? Something has got to give here. it's highly frustrating and seems just a tad unfair. I'm fine with the lighting, I'm fine with the guys that throw pebbles at me, I'm even fine with being grappled into acid and spawn zones. But the Operative thing? It's just not right and extremely unbalanced. Discuss!

Edited by Torothin

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This class is pretty beast. But with me being a LvL 50 PT and having an operative uncloak and do whatever he does to me and see my health go down to 15-20% health...Something has go to give here. This seems it is like PvPing on easy mode. Uncloak do the dps and finish him off. You should not be able to do that kind of intial burst DPS to a tank.

If you see him coming that's one thing. But the fact that the Operative can uncloak and then do that kind of DPS? Something has got to give here. it's highly frustrating and seems just a tad unfair. I'm fine with the lighting, I'm fine with the guys that throw pebbles at me, I'm even fine with being grappled into acid and spawn zones. But the Operative thing? It's just not right and extremely unbalanced. Discuss!

Have you ever lost to an Operative when you caught them unstealthed and they didn't have vanish up?

Dont worry. Your not the only one. They are getting a nerf when class balances come.

Dont worry. Your not the only one. They are getting a nerf when class balances come.

Keep telling yourself that. They are not, any changes will be bugs and minor issues not working as intended.

When duelling any class against any class and NOT using consumables, both level 50 and similar gear, the game is so damn balanced that there is not a single class that stands out at all.

What an operative has going for him is selecting his fights. That said you must have some poor gear, be low level or really play blind folded. Yes Ops do kill me, but it's not the class I get killed by the most. Yes sometimes I am at half health and an operative kills me where I am defenceless... so what. I could do the same on my bounty hunter - the only difference would be the fact that I don't surprise him from stealth. End result is the same though.

People who claim to be continously owned by operatives of same level and gear while they have full health, simply need to learn how to play the game. I know I'm not magic, I wish I were, but I'm just an average guy not blowing a few deaths out of proportions.

I have no issues with ops/scoundrels or any other class for that matter. Some players do give me trouble sometimes, but then they may have a better gear and level advantage when I am or my alt or SHOCK, they could be better players than me. I don't suck, but I have met a few snipers I really respect, mainly because I've found the class easy to beat and then I meet a sniper who teach me a lesson... good stuff.

Simply put... stop being babies.

/agree Mr_Gallows

I play a Sorc. I'm easy for stealthers to kill, IF I don't play it just right.

1 have bubble up if possible.

2 if at full heath w/bubble up, take inital burst from hidden strike, pop CC break to get up.

(if no bubble up, not at full health, and cc break down, enjoy the run back from the spawn point)

3 force speed and jet like hell in a straight line away from him

4 at the end fo force speed jump-turn and mezz him.

5 begin stacking DoTs (will break mezz)

6 If he vanishes, continue running away and heal up

7 if he does not vanish, enjoy watching him die as I DPS him to the floor, at range.

The CC break argument is getting old. OPps don't have another cc? Or they can't recloak and use the exact same opener practically right away? I've hit cc break right after the first hit multiple times, used force speed to try and gain range and two things happen - i'm CC'ed right away having moved 1meter to be finished off as my CC break is down obviously, or i gain range, turn around and get smacked again with the stealth opener that again cc's me - vanish seems to be up all the time.

There is literally nothing to counter this. I am in mostly champ gear with 9% reduction from expertise, i know my class - using my personal CC break then imediately CC the OP's - he uses his own CC break and either snares me to a crawl or completely roots me and it's over regardless.

Then you guys keep saying keep out of range after the stealth attack and ops can't do anything - well the few times I've lived through the opener and kept range, i'd dent the OP's and he'd break los and heal back to 100% before i can get in los again.

I would just like to ask Bioware to make sure and nerf Scoundrels when they swing the bat at Operatives - I'm not 100% since most of this QQ is coming from playing endless huttball matches against other empire players, but it would make sense that scoundrels are capable of the same kind of overpowered crap.

well Operatives/scoundrels are OP but then again so are bounty hunter and troopers

so its OP class vs OP class crying its seems

my OP class is getting hurt please buff me that OP class is actualy doing damage to me nerf it.

thats pretty much were this is going

bounty hunters/troopers dps and heals need nerfing and operative's defense and burst dps needs nerfing

thats pretty much it

The best way to beat them 1v1 is to put your back against a wall. The majority of their damage is from Backstab.

hehe, i love when people do this because is dont' help anything my sucker punch will still **** your face. and my SF/BB are put out in the first 1.5sec... after that the fight dont laes longer than my next SP/BW. even if i dont use my 2 openers. my SP is doing 3.5k crits and BW does about 3k. i can spam them both for the most part. thats without poping anything to back it... if i pop my relics and adrenal it gets really silly.

but on the note any classs atm decked out with relics and or adrenals going and maybe added in EXP buff is going to insta kill someone without it. that needs to be fixed first.

Edited by Niquity

/agree Mr_Gallows

I play a Sorc. I'm easy for stealthers to kill, IF I don't play it just right.

1 have bubble up if possible.

2 if at full heath w/bubble up, take inital burst from hidden strike, pop CC break to get up.

(if no bubble up, not at full health, and cc break down, enjoy the run back from the spawn point)

3 force speed and jet like hell in a straight line away from him

4 at the end fo force speed jump-turn and mezz him.

5 begin stacking DoTs (will break mezz)

6 If he vanishes, continue running away and heal up

7 if he does not vanish, enjoy watching him die as I DPS him to the floor, at range.

Guess you've never been snared/rooted by the same ops whos knockdown CC u just broke.

The best way to beat them 1v1 is to put your back against a wall. The majority of their damage is from Backstab.

Oh why i didnt come up with this solution. Lets hug the walls in WF all the time when there is ann Operative in WF. Planting bomb while your back against wall hmm...

No i got it, ill just circle around very fast in one place and not runnin around in WF, so they will have hard time to get my back, yup thx for the advice.

The CC break argument is getting old. OPps don't have another cc? Or they can't recloak and use the exact same opener practically right away? I've hit cc break right after the first hit multiple times, used force speed to try and gain range and two things happen - i'm CC'ed right away having moved 1meter to be finished off as my CC break is down obviously, or i gain range, turn around and get smacked again with the stealth opener that again cc's me - vanish seems to be up all the time.

There is literally nothing to counter this. I am in mostly champ gear with 9% reduction from expertise, i know my class - using my personal CC break then imediately CC the OP's - he uses his own CC break and either snares me to a crawl or completely roots me and it's over regardless.

Then you guys keep saying keep out of range after the stealth attack and ops can't do anything - well the few times I've lived through the opener and kept range, i'd dent the OP's and he'd break los and heal back to 100% before i can get in los again.

I would just like to ask Bioware to make sure and nerf Scoundrels when they swing the bat at Operatives - I'm not 100% since most of this QQ is coming from playing endless huttball matches against other empire players, but it would make sense that scoundrels are capable of the same kind of overpowered crap.

Seeing as our opener completely fills the Resolve bar so that other CCs will not work, this is NOT happening. Scrappers and Concealment Ops can vanish, IF you don't DoT them, and damage you, but they cannot restun you or CC you, IT IS NOT HAPPENING. In your pea brain that will find any excuse to compensate for the fact that you just didn't play it right, it may be, "I was stun locked for 30 seconds but the Operative only needed 1 because he 1 shot me OMG ***, Nerf."

Here's a tip:

GO DUEL SOME OPERATIVES AT 50 AND LEARN HOW TO BEAT THEM.

well Operatives/scoundrels are OP but then again so are bounty hunter and troopers

so its OP class vs OP class crying its seems

my OP class is getting hurt please buff me that OP class is actualy doing damage to me nerf it.

thats pretty much were this is going

bounty hunters/troopers dps and heals need nerfing and operative's defense and burst dps needs nerfing

thats pretty much it

If every class is OP in certain situations, wouldn't that make the game balanced? *GASP*

You're right, but the problem may less be OP being inherently overpowered than how poorly BW implemented Tanking. OPS do so well b/c BioWare gave them attacks that are essentially not mitigated by a Tank's defensive abilities. In effect, its almost impossible to defend against an OP. If BW fixed damage mitigation to actually, you know, mitigate against the predominate PvP damage of Force and Tech, it would "return balance to the Farce" that is current PvP Tanking. Contra other posts in this thread, this is not a Learn2Play issue, its game mechanics turning your Tank into a squishy class.

Edited by Torcer

Seeing as our opener completely fills the Resolve bar so that other CCs will not work, this is NOT happening. Scrappers and Concealment Ops can vanish, IF you don't DoT them, and damage you, but they cannot restun you or CC you, IT IS NOT HAPPENING. In your pea brain that will find any excuse to compensate for the fact that you just didn't play it right, it may be, "I was stun locked for 30 seconds but the Operative only needed 1 because he 1 shot me OMG ***, Nerf."

Here's a tip:

GO DUEL SOME OPERATIVES AT 50 AND LEARN HOW TO BEAT THEM.

^

this times over 9000

Love how people go running around claiming to have been stunlocked from an operative, eating up 6k dmg (every SINGLE SKILL HITS THAT MUCH !!!!!) and other bs...

Once an ops has used his opener you have a FULL resolve bar...if you don't know what I'm talking about go read up on it and stop posting on these forums until you're informed...and if you know you should also understand that after our opener you can do anything you want since you will NOT and I repeat NOT be cc'ed anymore...and it will last long enough to either kill us, heal yourself, run away, /dance or whatever your fancy...

so stop it with the falsims and yes I will say it:

L2P !

Sounds like you're being killed by an expert Operative. I'm not saying you don't know how to play your class, but is it at all possible that the operatives you're talking about know their class as well? I'm not even sure what class you were playing on, but you must be playing the squishiest toon possible with no gear if an operative is one-shotting you with only their opening attack. I wish my operative could do that!

I love how people complain about stealth classes being OP, yet no one seems to have stealth detection slotted on their PvP toons. That might be the issue more than anything else, since those two points in your stealth detection has the potential to negate everything an operative can do to you. Can you say the same for your class?

I dont think anyone is getting nerfed anytime soon. That being said I have been killed by just about every class, yes they had better strats then me at the time, give me a few runs at anyone and ill give you a run for your money. Why do people think their class should be able to go toe to toe with any other class? Thats just niave. I hope people realize that the nerf bat will eventually hit them, no one is immune be careful what you wish for.