Can We Switch Jet Charge and Grapple?

DrShazzam

this kinda thread is why i think the repubs have the better players....

think about this, what is more useful in both PvE and PvP, getting to a sentinel on your healer or getting that sentinel away from our healer. Getting to the guy about to score in huttball or pulling him into the pit keeping him from scoring.

Its just lie with the people convinced that AP is a worthless spec, i was doing some PvP today and not once was my pulse cannon ever interrupted nor did it ever hit less then 3 people at the same time for 2k-3.5k ticks per person and it is FAR easier to see pulse cannon then that limp thing bounty hunters call flame thrower.

Jet boost is a lazy way out and a FAR inferior took to grapple. The issue is it take nothing to randomly charge at people and do a bit of damage, it take far more skill to yank someone at the right time to make an impact on actual play. If anything both should be made baseline, but do not take away grapple and swap it for a charge just because you guys are too lazy or too terrible to know that the pluses of a pull far outweigh the pluses of a "charge"

Powertechs are more of a support class in PvP you are not the quaterback you are the lineman that protects him, you use your tools to keep the field clear so that someone else scores.

Its just lie with the people convinced that AP is a worthless spec, i was doing some PvP today and not once was my pulse cannon ever interrupted nor did it ever hit less then 3 people at the same time for 2k-3.5k ticks per person and it is FAR easier to see pulse cannon then that limp thing bounty hunters call flame thrower.

Oh geez, you again parading about AP.

What I got from this blurb is that I should roll on your server because you have more the enough bads available to never get interrupted. Especially if 3 people are around.

Man, I could probably do 1v5+ as Pyro there.

Oh geez, you again parading about AP.

What I got from this blurb is that I should roll on your server because you have more the enough bads available to never get interrupted. Especially if 3 people are around.

Man, I could probably do 1v5+ as Pyro there.

come on over to the most populated server, i'm sure you will find it different then your no pop server

this kinda thread is why i think the repubs have the better players....

think about this, what is more useful in both PvE and PvP, getting to a sentinel on your healer or getting that sentinel away from our healer. Getting to the guy about to score in huttball or pulling him into the pit keeping him from scoring.

Jet boost is a lazy way out and a FAR inferior took to grapple. The issue is it take nothing to randomly charge at people and do a bit of damage, it take far more skill to yank someone at the right time to make an impact on actual play. If anything both should be made baseline, but do not take away grapple and swap it for a charge just because you guys are too lazy or too terrible to know that the pluses of a pull far outweigh the pluses of a "charge"

Powertechs are more of a support class in PvP you are not the quaterback you are the lineman that protects him, you use your tools to keep the field clear so that someone else scores.

LOL and this is the kind of babble people who play AP and convinced of its superiority over Pyro would say.

Newsflash, your all mighty grapple is useless against a full resolve bar, which by the way a ball carrier will often have especially at the last stretch. Where as a jet charge, even if it wont stop the ball carrier, at least it gives you a chance. Not to mention that grapple suffers from all sorts of LOS issues, a mistimed grapple can actually put the ball carrier at more of an advantage.

I like my grapple, but I am not delusional to say that it is vastly superior to jet charge. Afterall, not only do way more people play Pyros than APs, by way more people play CP and IF and ST than AP, and it has alot to do with Jet Charge.

It takes no brains to play a pyro, it takes no brain to randomly charge people, it's lazy to jump to people. Unless someone is playing the extremely sophisticated tree of AP, with all its insane micromanagement of keybinds and voice activated commands, no one is good enough for you Hizoka. You've only said it like in every post and in every thread you're on, regardless of the subject matter lol

come on over to the most populated server, i'm sure you will find it different then your no pop server

I am sure the ratio is still the same, 100 pyros for every 1 "elite" AP player. lol

Kinda makes you wonder why they are hugely nerfing Pyros and greatly buffing APs. Just doesnt add up, give that AP is already on par and even superior to Pyro :p

Grapple needs two changes : 1..ignore resolve (yes i know, not gonna happen)

2..we should be able to grapple teammates..how can a grappling hook discern whats an enemy and whats a teammate anyway?

I like my grapple, it just forces you to pay attention to enemies resolve more...I only use JC when pve, otherwise like it was stated above, grappling folks into fire and acid is too much fun :)

Edited by Cbrinegar

This change would require more changes.

If grapple was a 21pt skill then No Escape would be useless until you go 21pt into shield tech, so that would have to change.

Advanced Tools would have a skill that only benefits someone 21 pts deep outside of AP, so that would have to change.

Jet Speed, the skill that feeds off of Jet Charge, would have to be moved or changed as well.

You talk about Invests? What did i have to Invest as Juggernaut for getting a Charge with 4 Seconds of CC Immunity and 40% DMG Reduction every 15 Seconds, 2 Seconds of 100% Defense with 25% DMG Reduce and so on......

If you have that, you spec'd into the Vengeance tree, not the Rage tree. Which means your burst damage is not nearly what it could be with Rage.

Also, Grapple is a 45s CD and Charge is a 15s CD. Swapping those probably wouldn't be considered balanced.

Edited by Sevvy

No way! :)

A gap closer would be very useful, granted, but grapple is just too invaluable. Jet charge is probably better 1 on 1, but in team fights, pulling people into your party is probably one of the strongest abilities we have.

Juggs cry a lot, but they have a really nice toolset.

They complain about AoE threat, but when they chill the **** out and realize that half of a pack (the nonelites) they're not supposed to bother with in the first place, they'll realize they're fine.

I don't particularly like Jugg either. Most of my problems with them are aesthetic though. I think most of their armor looks like crap and their stance is like some teenage thug holding a baseball bat. Looks perfect with an angsty emo bieber cut, but not otherwise.

Sounds like u chose body type 2 :p Get body type 3 for optimal results as a jugg. But to be honest they arent nearly as fun..