Legacy Name Sharing (hubby/wife IRL)

Kohga

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, no search box yet :(

Simple question for BW or anyone who may have heard, can two people (accounts) share a legacy name? After i saw where one of the creators stated that your legacy can appoint spouse, siblings, child etc. in game, was wondering if there was any way now or in future that my wife and i can share a legacy name. If im going to be married in game, would be nice if it was to my wife's character ;)

As of now, if i put her name in mine it says "already in use". Is this something possibly in the works? or are we SOL?

If it's not, i vote it goes in!

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, no search box yet :(

Simple question for BW or anyone who may have heard, can two people (accounts) share a legacy name? After i saw where one of the creators stated that your legacy can appoint spouse, siblings, child etc. in game, was wondering if there was any way now or in future that my wife and i can share a legacy name. If im going to be married in game, would be nice if it was to my wife's character ;)

As of now, if i put her name in mine it says "already in use". Is this something possibly in the works? or are we SOL?

If it's not, i vote it goes in!

Thanks in advance.

Well it really hasnt been implemented yet so who knows what features it will have when they pull the switch and activate it. For now all we get is a last name.

There was an interview about the system where it was mentioned that sharing legacy accross accounts may eventually happen, though it wasn't made clear whether they meant it for people who have multiple accounts or meant it for people who want to share their legacy with a friend or family member.

I'm afraid I can't link to the interview. It was posted in another thread and I forget what the thread was called, who posted the link or even what site the interview was on.

After i saw where one of the creators stated that your legacy can appoint spouse, siblings, child etc.

I think the spirit of that quote was that the characters you have on the server, in that legacy, would essentially be like a family ( I.E. The Skywalker Legacy ), not that you can appoint multiple accounts to one Legacy.

I think it'd be a great idea. Other games, such as LOTRO, have a small variation on it where other players can be associated with your character as a family member(son, daughter). It has limitations, but it's a cool idea.

I would love to see this implemented. My hubby and I play together constantly. Right now we have similar legacy names; the only difference is his has 2 d's and mine has one.

Every other game I have played with my hubby, we were able to have the exact same last name, if they were offered.

You could take a page out of some ethnic names that have different suffixes for different genders.

For example, many Polish names end with ska for girls but the same name is ski for boys.

So a husband and wife could be have the root last name of Mazur, but the man would be Mazurski and the woman would be Mazurska.

I really think this should not just be the root of this Legacy thing (as I think

its a bit more important in game family trees to consist of real people over

NPCs - which makes me think everyone at BW bought a Real Doll with their

SWTOR bonuses this X-Mas LOL), but that BW REALLY needs to come clean

and tell us just what the Legacy system is, does and contains.

My hubbie and I also play this game and I think he'd be happier if he was

my hubbie in the game instead of a digital character LMAO!

I have a question... How many here have played SWG?

It had the greatest community ever and the game had the greatest community

tools ever. Including Unity (ingame marriage).

I digress but the more I read these forums the more I miss SWGs solid community

*sighs*

*Yes I can be very random sometimes LOL*

~Izzy :)

I still think that surnames and legacy names should be separated, but BioWare is just stupid and probably never do it.

I agree. They are bound and determined to make all our characters have the same last name, because......well, just because.