Why no penalty for quitting a Warzone?

FourTwent

I've started seeing this more and more. . .if a faction doesn't cap mid and left(only capping one) more and more people are leaving the Alderaan warzone. Often times re-queuing, only to get put back into the same warzone. . .and then leave again.

This happens in other warzones too when it doesn't 'start in their favor'. It only hurts the team that's still there and didn't rage quit even more.

This game does need some sort of deserter penalty. That being said, I'm enjoying quitting out of a WZ when some premade scores 3+ quickly in huttball and proceeds to just farm medals for 10 minutes.

some of us dont like to farm warzones either and when someone scores 5 and wont score the 6th i get super pissed.

This game does need some sort of deserter penalty. That being said, I'm enjoying quitting out of a WZ when some premade scores 3+ quickly in huttball and proceeds to just farm medals for 10 minutes.

When they fix the brackets so I'm not the only level 50 on my team while their team has 5, then MAYBE they can think about adding a deserter penalty. Until them, I will be dropping warzones at will.

All it really needs for discouragement is a 30 minute timer before you can queue up for another warzone.

terrible idea, game would die in a week if they implemented that and im not joking. I think everyone would agree if they did that, the game would die as fast as a week.

All it really needs for discouragement is a 30 minute timer before you can queue up for another warzone.

Empire will be playing hutt ball by themselves forever then. No one from Republic will ever bother going to PvP if they either get farmed or a 30 minute debuff. I'd just as soon not PvP at all. Wouldn't be worth it anymore. Fixing the brackets will do loads more for PvP than a stupid deserter debuff will.

I agree with the debuff. I think 15 mins is fine though. I have bad memories of other games being kicked from the server and then having to wait 30 mins to PvP again. 15 mins stops you from cherry picking good matches at least.

im not worried about people going afk in a warzone. i've seen 1 person do this over and over on the server I play on. he got a horrid reputation and everyone reported him. we dont see him in our warzones anymore :D

but I could see people getting discouraged and starting to do this instead of just leaving. but if it gets abused too much those people will get reported too.

i mean hell, it's not like we dont get commendations, xp, and valor even on a lost warzone match. the only thing it doesn't count toward is your dailies(which is mostly why everyone is there, but still)

As someone whose computer isn't quite up to par, it's come to the point where I don't even bother with Alderaan. Rather not get a penalty because I can't choose which WZ to do, and don't want to participate in lagfest 2012. I'd much rather hop out and allow someone who has a better frame rate than I to do some good, re-queue and hopefully get VS or HB, where I can actually do some good.

My two credits.

As someone whose computer isn't quite up to par, it's come to the point where I don't even bother with Alderaan. Rather not get a penalty because I can't choose which WZ to do, and don't want to participate in lagfest 2012. I'd much rather hop out and allow someone who has a better frame rate than I to do some good, re-queue and hopefully get VS or HB, where I can actually do some good.

My two credits.

and that shouldn't be an issue. . .eventually. i believe they said they will make it so you can pick which WZ you wanna do when you queue up. I dont expect them to implement a penalty to leaving a WZ today lol.

I'm just curious about other people's thoughts on the issue, and whether or not bioware expects us to police the community ourselves. Or if they see this to be a widespread issue(I know they have massive amounts of metrics on just whats going on in the game).

I hate Hutball, so when it pops, I drop. If they want to penalize me for not wanting to play a garbage WZ that is nothing but a ranged/knockback-fest, then I simply won't queue. Also, premades. I'm not there to feed them more gear, they already have it easy enough.

There should be absolutely no penalty for leaving whatsoever.

I'm not going to bang my head against my desk for the 15-20 minutes it'll take for the hell of losing badly to end, and I'm ESPECIALLY not going to stick around for that long if most of my team is refusing to try/is absolutely horrible at playing the objectives to the point that we have no chance of winning.

IF my team hasn't capped a turret within the first minute of ACW I'm leaving. **** you if you want me to be penalized for that, since that round could last another 15 minutes and I'm not going to waste that much time just to lose when I could be having fun in either a close game or a game where my team is winning and it's worth sticking around for.

Losing sucks. Besides, there already is punishment for quitting a warzone. If you stay you get rewards from the match, quitting means no commendations or anything.

Yeah they really need to increase the penalty. If the opposing team gets 2 of the bat, the kids start bailing out.

The problem is you can't win with these type of players anyways since the ones that bail so quick usually suck bad, but penalize them hard core since the ruin the game for everyone else.

There should be absolutely no penalty for leaving whatsoever.

I'm not going to bang my head against my desk for the 15-20 minutes it'll take for the hell of losing badly to end, and I'm ESPECIALLY not going to stick around for that long if most of my team is refusing to try/is absolutely horrible at playing the objectives to the point that we have no chance of winning.

IF my team hasn't capped a turret within the first minute of ACW I'm leaving. **** you if you want me to be penalized for that, since that round could last another 15 minutes and I'm not going to waste that much time just to lose when I could be having fun in either a close game or a game where my team is winning and it's worth sticking around for.

Losing sucks. Besides, there already is punishment for quitting a warzone. If you stay you get rewards from the match, quitting means no commendations or anything.

You are just a crappy player.

some of us dont like to farm warzones either and when someone scores 5 and wont score the 6th i get super pissed.

Nice to see I'm not the only one. :D

im not worried about people going afk in a warzone. i've seen 1 person do this over and over on the server I play on. he got a horrid reputation and everyone reported him. we dont see him in our warzones anymore :D

but I could see people getting discouraged and starting to do this instead of just leaving. but if it gets abused too much those people will get reported too.

i mean hell, it's not like we dont get commendations, xp, and valor even on a lost warzone match. the only thing it doesn't count toward is your dailies(which is mostly why everyone is there, but still)

This ^

I'll risk people AFKing, at least we can all see who it is that way.

Edited by Spymaster