PvP Ability Delays

Squeebie

Is anyone else having issues in WZs where they try to activate an ability, only to have to mash it 20 times for it to finally activate? (for me I notice most on Force Cloak)

This is not a lag issues - often abilities simply wont activate when you hit them. Anyone heard of fixes on the horizon?

happens to a trooper ability that regens 20% of health over 15 sec (forgot the name). Ill spam reactive shield and that and only reactive shield will activate, its frustating, but honestly this game is so crap, ill probably quit in a month or two. You shouldnt have to spam an ability 20 times for it to work. This game is just designed really bad, and im ashamed i play it, let alone pay for it

i have seen situations where my right mouse button gets stuck and i can't click anything.

click it again and it goes away.

perhaps "we" needs logs is not accurate. "I" want logs so i can see what is happening.

Most games have logs. id like to see my damage and what effects are on me and such.

Dude, this is like the oldest and probably one of the most discussed issues that this game has. Directly after entering my first warzone and on my first day playing the game I noticed this issue right off the bat because as an ex-Wow player I always cc chain and cast chain heals...but I noticed that in this game, you cant do that due to the ability delays

This picture will explain everything in great detail - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/swtorabilitydelay.png/

Due to the effects this issue has on playing this game I had to unsub after playing for two days because the combat mechanics are all wrong and more or less broken here. I would gladly return if this issue was resolved, but for now, I will not pay to play a broken game...nty, I'd rather play Wow than do that because I'd atlest be getting my money's worth in terms of the game's responsiveness and the awsome combat. Aside from this issue..this game is pretty nice if you can ignore the over powered classes (sorcerer's and operatives)

Yes, this is why I'm staying out of Warzones for now.

Hell I even experience the problem to a lesser degree in PvE, especially when there are multiple players around.

Force Push especially seems like an ability to have to hit at least twice before it fires.

Bioware has a lot of work to do before their combat feels "smooth" and responsive. But they're working on it...

Dude, this is like the oldest and probably one of the most discussed issues that this game has. Directly after entering my first warzone and on my first day playing the game I noticed this issue right off the bat because as an ex-Wow player I always cc chain and cast chain heals...but I noticed that in this game, you cant do that due to the ability delays

I'm glad you're brilliant, but if you actually read the initial post you would realize that this is a different issue. The OP is talking about situations where you have to hit the same ability repeatedly (each time using up the GCD) before it actually goes off several tries (i.e., several seconds - not a split-second) later. This is not due to animations being slightly longer than cast times/GCD.

TO BE CLEAR:

The bug I'm addressing is not ability lag (although this is a problem too), rather, as a previous poster mentioned, having to mash certain abilities 10-15 times before they will activate. I've noticed this much more in PvP, and to a lesser extent in PvE.

Keybind or clicking, the problem persists.

Timing in PvP is especially critical, and this activation bug hurts the gameplay. I hope they're actively working on this - eventually, it will become a gamebreaker.

Dear OP,

Please post your system hardware specs and check your connection speed at http://www.speedtest.net and report back thanks...

God i hate idiots like this. Blind fanboys who refuse to believe any problem could exist with their game.

Ability lag in SWTOR is a known issue and has nothing to do (in most cases atleast) the persons hardware or connection speed.

I run at 50-80ms latency and 50+ FPS and all my abilities take 1+ second to activate... some even take 2-4 seconds. makes PVP completely unplayable for anyone who isn't mentally handicapped.

FYI, found this on the developer threads:

During the development of Star Wars: The Old Republic, we’ve been paying a lot of attention to the game’s responsiveness. As pointed out by some people on the Forum, a very responsive experience is one of the factors that separate the best MMOs from the others. This is something we are fully aware of and take extremely seriously.

Several of the issues brought forth by the community have already been dealt with and you should see the fixes integrated in coming patches, including those coming this month. Every lead mentioned on the forum is being investigated and I cannot stress enough how useful your feedback is – especially when coupled with the level of details found in some of the posts.

So I’d really like to thank the community for this very constructive feedback.

Thanks again and best regards,

I'd encourage everyone to created detailed in game tickets describing when the ability activation bug takes place, and on which abilities. The more information we give them, the better they'll be able to address this.

Edited by Squeebie

Some people, like me, NEED PvP to be an equal part to an MMO for it to keep my attention longer than a couple of months.

This games PvP is atrociously bad. I can deal with OP classes for a time, I can deal with only a few WZ's but I can't STAND how bad the UI is and how unresponsive some skills are when trying to activate them. It really is that bad.

FYI, found this on the developer threads:

I'd encourage everyone to created detailed in game tickets describing when the ability activation bug takes place, and on which abilities. The more information we give them, the better they'll be able to address this.

+1

It's a system that will show the devs a measurable complaint. It's funny, I am really getting into this game (only me third MMO experience), and I am interested in PVP. I am also interested in getting good at PVP. This ability delay is apparent, and consequently has me researching other MMOs with good PVP reviews. Not ready to jump ship at least until I experience some end game, but I can't really see staying without PVP improvements-- especially ability delay.

Nothing to do with it.

Ok, you don't know that... hardware clearly has a role in this issue. What exactly the problem is, we don't know yet.

So, again... if people are having trouble pls post the information that I asked for. It's standard for any troubleshooting.

Unless you just want to complain and do nothing about it...

God i hate idiots like this. Blind fanboys who refuse to believe any problem could exist with their game.

Ability lag in SWTOR is a known issue and has nothing to do (in most cases atleast) the persons hardware or connection speed.

I run at 50-80ms latency and 50+ FPS and all my abilities take 1+ second to activate... some even take 2-4 seconds. makes PVP completely unplayable for anyone who isn't mentally handicapped.

...and your system setup is....?

Basically what you're doing is saying that you have a problem and not providing any information... there is clearly some issue with the game and certain hardware setups.

I had the issues too then I upgraded and now this is the best fricken MMO I've ever played.

So in summation: If you have a problem first pls provide system specs and connection speed info for further analysis.

I love all the interesting people who are negative when I'm trying to help, thanks.