Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sad to see some people quiting already....

BegaTasty

I am myself amazed of how fast into this game I unsubbed and uninstalled the game. Never has any game made me so angry and frustrated so fast before.

I.e

I leveled 3 chars to 50 (and if you played it you know the grind needed) in Aion doing barely no pvp (and I dislike pve), waiting for the pvp to get sorted. I gave that games 8 months.

In Warhammer I stayed for 1.5 year waiting for improvments, going through all the imbalances and bugs. The last year (if I did an alt) I leveled through pvp alone. My main char was the Shammy, for 1 year I played a broken, unloved, underpowered and least appreciated healer (if not char) in-game. But I loved it!

I spent 5.5 years in EVE, slowly levling my character through realtime leveling.

I don't rage easy and I always give secnd chances. But this game has been so many years in the making. They have had the ability to research other mmo's, finding what players like and dislike the most. They had tons of suggestions from the beta players, knowing certain things would be wrong, yet they implemented it in the game.

They have for free gained several hundreds of thousands of players ONLY on the hype of it being Star Wars. It's cult and for many it's a loved thing. They have hyped the game even more the past year on all avaliable social medias. When SWTOR came out it was so hyped I'm amazed it didn't burst into flames all on it's own.

Being sutch a big game, knowing an appox amount of players, being in 2012 they should, without and excuse, have a better customer service. A production that big should respect it's players and at least give feedback, direct answer, confirm or deny, most issues that gets brought up regularly on the forums.

After this wall of text I could list many reasons why I after less then 1 month unsubbed and uninstalled the game. I won't though.

So, why am I still on the forums? Because I hope there will be change, I'm waiting to see if any answeres comes, I want to help as much as I possible can to sort things that doesn't work.

And because it's Star Wars .. come on!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't bot or share my account. I log on, group up with some friends, and queue for Warzones. I was responding to a complaint about the reward system that I feel was unfounded.

On the issue of world PvP, clearly there are problems there. Ilum is a massive failure. Outlaw's Den, ditto. And I mentioned in my post that Merc Commendations need to be a reward somehow. But "world PvP" in questing areas is, in my opinion, never a structured or coordinated affair. It typically involves a higher level player preying on a lower level player that is otherwise engaged. There aren't usually rewards for that in the MMOs that I have played. You do that for fun and satisfaction.

So, that said, what would you like to see BW do to encourage this sort of world PvP?

For all of you people who played WoW when it first came out, you will remember the area between southshore and tarren mill. Put 2 faction towns very close to each other, make sure the guards for each town do the job of defending their particular town, and then let the fun ensue.

The land between the 2 towns will become a hot spot for world pvp, and when one side starts piling on too heavily, the town guards are there to balance it out.

This thread and everyone like it should be deleted, they bring nothing but annoyance to the community. Whats funny is when GW2 comes out the same people will "powerlevel" through that, reach endgame then cry theres not enough content. Then they'll go back to WoW and cry theres not the "right" content there. I'm pretty sure these people just float from one MMO to another hoping for some magic MMO that will never exist. I was sorta that way but after playing UO, Everquest, Tabula Rasa, Matrix Online, City of Heroes, WoW, Star Trek Online, and finally this, I'm either settling or I'm done with MMO's altogether (probably the healthier choice).

Lack of content doesn't bother me much as I know it will come, what bothers me is the premades I'm seeing more and more of in pvp. Too many premades may make me quit until they release the new solo class chapters.

WoW.. Who the hell cares? Can't you just quit instead of posting **** like this? I'm lvl 50 and i enjoy it.

Bioware should instantly delete all dumb threads like this one. Play if you enjoy it, quit if you don't.

Edited by Teabaker

If people are so impatient they'd quit a new MMO a month in then I'd hate to see their patience IRL, such as with raising a child. lol.

While I wish SWTOR would have released more polished, it's not far from being a great game.

The difference dearie is that people LOVE their children....

they do not love this game...

The ONLY thing I will say about about people leaving is that, at one point my Guild had like at least roughly 48-53 people online at a given time. Now I'll be lucky to see 4 or 5 online with one of them being me. It's really sad to see the population hit that hard for a game that was as hyped and as extensively developed as this one. Almost feels like a let down.

I still enjoy the game and will continue playing it. Though I will admit for me if Republic felt empty before... not it's a wasteland in terms of population.

Farming the same 3 wz every one is ******** on them for that realy? I laugh at this its pathetic, 3 wz on a launch is pretty impressive if i remember correctly wow only had 3 bgs for way longer the tor has even been released , so stop complaining about the fact that they only have 3 wz the *********** game has been out for a month...

and another thing THE GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR A MONTH PEOPLE give it 6 or so an mmo isent at its best until its about a year old...

WAR was so bad I bought and sold my copy launch day.

Warhammer had incredible potential and until today is the best PVP game out there when it comes to battlegrounds and open world pvp, apart from dark age of camelot.

You failed hard if you gave up that fast. But I assume then you are a PVE fantast.

Cause warhammer had like 0 PVE, what was in there was horrible. But the PVP was fantastic. Bugs and other issues melted that game, otherwise it had been perfect.

Hopefully they make a better go with Warhammer 40K which they are now working on, as an MMO. That might be very cool.

People who leveled to 50 already, refuse to roll an alt, and are planning on quitting after the first month are the scourge of the MMO genre anyway.

Good riddance.

Agreed.

Especially in a game like this, where just the single player experience of actually trying a new class is well worth it.

Or just switch side.

This game have the best quests and story lines of any other MMO by light years.

Its PVP for a newly released game is the best that have ever hit the market.

Not even warhammer online, which had the absoulte best battlegrounds could compete, almost. It was slightly better.

World of warcrafts pvp was none existent for the first year almost. And its only the last 2 years they have shaped up and got it decent, especially the last 1.5 years. Before that, seriously, it was bad. And it still takes an insane amount of time to grind for the most basic of gear in wow compared to swtor. Rift had the same issue where the grind was too high.

There is no Grind in TOR at all, to compare with other mmos.

People quitting do so cause they played wow for 5 years and wanted the same game with better graphics, same abilities but using light sabres instead of a waraxe.

Youir warrior, deathknight or Rogue is that way.

Do not write those kind of topics then, DO NOT READ EM if you dont want to see, noone forces you to, just ignore and MOVE ON, noone here wants to see your comment as well, ppl are discussion here what was wrong about game, why it ended like this for many players and your comment only insults us.Ignore and mvoe on, win win situation, you dont disturb us, we freely talk here and you dont get frustrated cuz you wont read it.

These topics are magnets for people who already unsubbed or plan on doing so. This cannot be prevented. They are compelled to see QQ that matches their own, then run rampant on the thread with "Yeah! What he said- yeah! YEAH!". Unoriginal, juvenile and plain old dumb. It makes for zero contribution to any intelligent discussion, and it might as well just be a bump if all the seek is for the QQ thread to thrive.

People quitting do so cause they played wow for 5 years and wanted the same game with better graphics, same abilities but using light sabres instead of a waraxe.

Youir warrior, deathknight or Rogue is that way.

Usually I don't quote just for the sake of it but I think I'm in a weak state right about now.

I can not even elaborate on how tired I am of WoW being mentioned in everything and for evey reason. If you do not have anything else to come with but say it's WoW, in any regards, then please save many of us the heart ache but not posting.

I have never played WoW, ever, and yet I still unsubbed. For me very valid reason, for you maybe not.

This.

The game is not for everyone to like(its not WoW herp derp, devs wont BJ you as soon as you post "i quit" thread) and you simply don't have to play it.

But for the love of... DO NOT SHARE WITH US THAT YOU GO.

We don't care and stream of new players more then makes up for loosing of few crybabies who thought its going to be WoW with glowsticks.

I'd love to hear you say that after your MMO simply becomes a MO.

Also; what stream of new players? This games release with all its players IS its stream of new players - after the publicity gets out that this game had a rush release and isn't worth the time wheres your stream of new players going to come from? Chinese credit sellers?

And this guy was probably one of the one who couldn't down Heroic content in WoW even though they dumb/nerf it down more and more each patch.

This entire thread has been about PvP and it's on the PvP board. You seem to love PvE and you're the only one mentioning PvE. Gross!

You know what you should probably do, is go try out real life! No MMO is going to meet your unrealistic standards.

Have some kids, or move out of your Mom's house or something.. learn a little patience!

My thoughts exactly. Patience would be a great thing for some of these people to learn. Of course there are going to be problems with the game. There are problems with every game. But when people power level through the content in a couple weeks and are then shocked when there isn't any new content, they’re selling the game short.

The people who will quit so soon will never be happy playing any new MMO!

Give the game a chance! Does no one remember what WoW was like in the first few weeks of release?!!

Trust me, this is 10x better.

Everyone is comparing this game to a 7 year old MMO that has been polished.

Sure there are bugs, sure the pvp can be annoying but give the devs a chance to fix/change things.

I will be playing for the foreseeable future, I see massive potential in this game.

The people who are quitting after less than 4 weeks are the same people who cry "NERF NERF NERF" if they get killed in pvp! Stop complaining about a brand new game not being perfect after such a short amount of time.

Lvl 50 Sith Juggernaut. Loving the game even with it's faults and looking forward to future updates.

Understandable when you consider theres no pvp, no reason to world pvp, botting/farming BG's wears out in a day...

The raids if your into that, are always full but even if they wernt, what are you doing it for ? just to get a shiny so you can do it all again....

Okay, sir.

It is not that the game is new, it is the way they have done it, lets be honest it is a million miles fro what we expected.

I logged on now to actually cancel my sub, my free time is soon up and i am not paying anymore for this drivel.

Why?

PVE, once leaving Corruscant you either do Taris (no way never again), or Corruscant 2? seriously, by now my will to leave has run out lol, and all that walking........... kill me now.

PVP, a complete joke as we know, i would actually sau this is the worst pvp i have seen in any game, history!.

Gimping is so bad now too, with lvl50 Siths hiding and just waiting for low levels, ban these ppl!

Reset PvP and restart it again, it is total trash and this is the main reason im going.

Leaving mainly because PvP in this game is worse than anything ive played!

Bye bye SWTOR see you in FTP next year!

it's a shame what is slowly happening to the game, Tor was a great idea, an a fun game (still is) but retailing the game with no content is a BAD THING!.... I talk to alot of 50s on my server, (swiftsure) an many of em are saying already they are probably not gonna make it past free month.

Understandable when you consider theres no pvp, no reason to world pvp, botting/farming BG's wears out in a day...

The raids if your into that, are always full but even if they wernt, what are you doing it for ? just to get a shiny so you can do it all again....

pointless, I dont know how to fix it, other than to start fixing pvp an stop trying to instance everything. World pvp doesn't belong in an instance, its world pvp for a reason....

I know for me, my chars are only in high 30s, an I am already feeling like I cant be bothered logging in till evening most days for as few hours.

Now I know the fanboys will call me silly names, an put down my comments, but that doesn't change anything, alot of people are getting bored already, an with GW2 coming out in 3 months, tor really needs to pick up its pace. I know I wont be subbing for another three months with the state of pvp an game in general as it stands.

my two mates quit the game last week after hitting 50 cos it was just mind numbing apparently....I am not far off, an i know of at least 3 guys who have had enough.

loads of people have quit because theg ame is simply far to buggy and broken and there are so many exploits on the game its not even funny, although dispite all the problems ill still be playing swtor but i can only take so much before i deside to quit also

it's a shame what is slowly happening to the game, Tor was a great idea, an a fun game (still is) but retailing the game with no content is a BAD THING!.... I talk to alot of 50s on my server, (swiftsure) an many of em are saying already they are probably not gonna make it past free month.

pointless, I dont know how to fix it, other than to start fixing pvp an stop trying to instance everything. World pvp doesn't belong in an instance, its world pvp for a reason....

I know for me, my chars are only in high 30s, an I am already feeling like I cant be bothered logging in till evening most days for as few hours.

Now I know the fanboys will call me silly names, an put down my comments, but that doesn't change anything, alot of people are getting bored already, an with GW2 coming out in 3 months, tor really needs to pick up its pace. I know I wont be subbing for another three months with the state of pvp an game in general as it stands.

my two mates quit the game last week after hitting 50 cos it was just mind numbing apparently....I am not far off, an i know of at least 3 guys who have had enough.

I think you have a distorted view of what NO CONTENT actually means.

Some whiners who want all the first day should suck it up and **** !

PvP has some flaws yes i'll admit it.But like most others i have played all the MMOs out there and they suck monkeyballs compared to TOR and you know it.Not trying to be a fanboy or anything.Just saying. :)

The only thing that makes me really mad is the way the PvP developers 100% ignore the PvP section of the forum :mad:

Some alredy burned out MMO gamers will complain no matter what, thats a given.

But the truth is most of us like the game.And as long the developers actually listen to us

and fix the bugs and actually balance the classes and always provide new content

(something they are alredy doing) i'm happy and so are most people.

And to you people complaining about it's hard to get PvP gear, work for it.

It will feel better when you later have it all.But i agree token so one can but what ever they want is better.Lets say 1000 warzone commendations and 300 mercenary commendations like some other guy earlier in the tread suggested.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Too bad that pvp seems to be the red-haired stepchild of the mmo industry because I think it is underestimated how much pvp can motivate the people for a long time.

Even worse: this game's pvp isn't bad at all. However, with 3 WZs, a joke like Illum and Outlaw's Den (see below) it is already getting tedious

aparently none of you ever heard of the outlaws den on tatoine. open world pvp area, free for all, same faction can kill same faction or opposite faction, ohh and special vendors and lots of diffrent high end gathering nodes. seems preety open world pvp to me, and all you have to do is go north from mos altha in jundland.

Full geared stealther opens up on you - you die.

Mircaculously you wittle him down...he just dispels all your dots and vanishes...comes back and this time you die.

Ah wait...I see, I should go with a raid to Outlaws Den.

Edited by Desgarden

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.