Patch 1.1 - Rise of the Rakghouls Trailer

SargerusIII

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw this thread and read lines about zombies, I thought it was a joke.

Later someone linked me to an article on Kotaku, and it revealed that it was true: 1.1 really has that zombies feeling...

The funny part is that I made some connection with a thread in these forums which claimed that TOR needs X feature to be resurrected.

What a lame resurrection.

Fortunately it's only a patch. I will wait for a proper extension.

it kind of looks like bland content. Rakghouls... meh. Seems more fitting for a leveling flashpoint where you experience the local bad guy than an endgame Operation. Edited by Sireene
OT - PM'd

I like it, alot more impressive that WoW's first ever "big patch." And why's everyone reacting like it's the next expansion... It's a patch that's all. They'll be one every 3 months or so. If this is what SWTOR has planned for patches, just imagine their upcoming expansions! :D

So much negativity. I love the trailer, although they always seem nicer than it actually is. The return of the Rakghouls is pretty nice. I love when referrals from the original KotOR make it to this game, hence why Satele Shan is my favorite character. :D Edited by dnomz

I like this game but I have to agree the rackghoul/zombie thing is lame.

You DO know Rakghouls were in the star wars universe long before the zombie craze right? In KotOR you created a vaccine for the rakghoul virus, however Darth Malak destroyed the planet, and as a result, the vaccine as well. I saw this coming from a mile away.

I hate Rakghouls. I almost stopped playing KotOR because of them.

What I don't get is if you are even scratched by a Rakghoul, you turn into one. Yet I have waded through packs of them on Taris and the worst I ever got was a few % off my max health debuff. They're only scary if you're an NPC... if you're a player, just wait for the debuff to wear off in 30 seconds. ;)

The Rahkghouls were in KOTOR game, but were in SW lore prior to that game even being created, Luke Skywalker's decedent is the one that eventually eradicates the virus.

So yeah, it does fit.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rakghoul

I had no idea myself that you have to have played kotor for this lore mess to make sense until today actually, so it came as a big suprise to me. This game is KOTOR 3 and shouldnt been allowed the title Star Wars at all as it has literally nothing to do with original Star Wars to begin with other then there are lightsabers, jedis, character replicants in some lore doing stuff never happened in the original and that places are named the same. Its a fake quasi SW world.

It is a completely different universe, a parallell thing wich is detached from the actual Star Wars saga.

TOR - inspired by Star Wars would have been a better titel.

So everyone that have the EP 1-6 as SW referense, like me, we need to step back and let stuff go.

In this SW Zombies are logical and fits perfectly fine. So would whatever they choose to put in the universe they have created. Sith-unicorns, flying rancor-jedis etc you name it and they could get it in and make some lore that fits with it without any reason to think twice about mr Lucas original.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.