Vehicles on Fleet Station... seriously? Such logic!

Frigidman

Another fail troll response. You are making things up again. Who said it was a big deal? The only mention they'd like something done, not when, not how important it was to them.

Why do you have to be dishonest in the portrayal of people you don't agree with?

Make a thread about it then its a big deal to someone.

There's no point to disallow vehicles other than for RP purposes. Station is big, I'd rather not walk when I can just use my speeder.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as vehicles get bigger and bigger and we see more of them... yes.

Sadly I have to agree. Seeing 4 giant speeders (about the side of a small car) all huddled around the GMKs on top of all the smaller ones, it just looks stupid.

No. Just no. If anything give me more places to use my vehicle so I dont have to run freakin through the stupid hangars and spaceports a million times. For christ sakes. And make all the taxis connect.

Why JUST Why do I need to take two taxis on Dromund Kass to turn in a quest after flying halfway across the damn galaxy for a 5k xp quest. Waste of my time. For christ sakes. Not Fun. Not fun at all.

Actually this thread gave me an idea.

They should remove sprint and things like ability to use speeders in fleets on RP SERVERS ONLY.

This would both provide those of us(like myself) who find things like this annoying with the immersion we desire, AND give those who roll on RP servers for reasons other than the desire to RP a SERIOUS reason not to roll there!

2 birdz with 1 stone YAAAAAAA!!!

I see the word "Immersion breaking" tossed around a lot... so I may as well toss it out too. Seeing a bunch of vehicles racing around on a tiny confined station, is breaking immersion of it being a space station. Whats the point of stairs? Why have a cantina? Did anyone at bioware even think that through?

Bioware: Turn this ridiculous ability off on fleet station!

They don't allow you to ride a speeder through the dune sea tunnel (yet taxi's fly through), but they allow speeders on a fricken tiny space station? Who in their bright mind came up with that one.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I posted the same thing long time ago. Vehicles on fleets are *********** ridiculous. It is monumentally dumb idea.

Odd how many people in this thread seem to agree with the OP...

Come on! You don't think it is a tad ridiculous that we are allowed to have mounts in an tightly enclosed, indoor space? It is like the equivalent of all the kids at a high school riding bikes through the hall.

1) Allow smaller transport vehicles to be used anywhere.

2) Medium and Large transport vehicles are prohibited inside caves, buildings, starships.

3) Anytime you access a vender/broker or talk to an NPC you are dismounted.

I have no issues with small vehicles being used on the star fleet, but the large ones are just annoying!

Edited by illgot

The problem is a vast majority of this generation of MMO gamers are really darn lazy. They want to be able to mount up everywhere, because getting to their destination in 10 seconds, is better then the 15 it'd take to run there with Sprint.

So, after a thousand times, you save five thousand seconds with mounts allowed.

Good reason to keep mounts.

Also, ITT people who bring up "immersion" and "realism" in a game that has no night cycle.

I think a day-night cycle would be a better immersion benefit than removing mounts in station.

I can totally see the argument for not having speeders on the fleet. Also, why can you ride in some spaceports and not others?

However, if there were to be no speeders on the fleet, I think sprint should be a little faster. Running from place to place isn't the worst thing, but that time does add up. I don't usually have big blocks of time to play, so anything that saves me a little time is nice.

An alternative would be a buff you receive for being on the fleet that makes you run slightly faster than normal sprint. This would help immersion but wouldn't cause the outcry that taking away speeders would.

I can totally see the argument for not having speeders on the fleet. Also, why can you ride in some spaceports and not others?

Out of the same reason that Kira still stands around on the bridge when you send her on a crew mission: Lazy oversight because of a rushed release...

Make a thread about it then its a big deal to someone.

That would be a dishonest strawman. Seeing some consistency with you on that who honesty part.

First time I've heard this mentioned (and I read these forums a lot) so yes most people just don't care.

Forums don't represent a real sample. So basically no you can't prove it. Thanks for at least being honest there.

Actually this thread gave me an idea.

They should remove sprint and things like ability to use speeders in fleets on RP SERVERS ONLY.

Except again its not just RPers that are turned off by it.

Again a good compromise would be turning it off in certain parts of the station. Like for example around the GTN kiosks. In the Trainer/etc rooms.

how come their are soooo many sith and jedi everywhere? That breaks immersion!!

Delete 90% of the players sith/jedi characters!

Plentiful Jedi and Sith are completely in-keeping with this timeline.

I'm for turning off speeders inside the station. Sprint is easily fast enough to carry your character around the station inside of a minute anyway.