How PvP works for Marauder

FeeFiFoFum

Thinking about PvP as a Marauder? Be ready to be stunned/knockdown and then suffer rapid fire knives in the back, leaving you at about 25% health, just in time to stealth for 4 seconds and then being mowed down. Too much burst to live, and too much input delay to be able to even crack one defensive ability, or maybe you got undying rage off, just to be able to deal a couple hundred damage before your choke/ravage glitches and you get owned.

Thinking about PvP as a Marauder? Be ready to be stunned/knockdown and then suffer rapid fire knives in the back, leaving you at about 25% health, just in time to stealth for 4 seconds and then being mowed down. Too much burst to live, and too much input delay to be able to even crack one defensive ability, or maybe you got undying rage off, just to be able to deal a couple hundred damage before your choke/ravage glitches and you get owned.

This forums, is an example of a bad marauder. Many of them flood the forums in this strange ritual called 'qq-ing' where they *****, moan and complain about something being wrong with a class and refusing to accept that they are at least partially at fault.

L2P doesnt even scratch the surface of what needs to be said to you.

I have 4g ram, dual core processor & 560ti fermi gfx card so there is no reason why someone should have to do this but listen up. I had and on occasion still have, particularly in alderaan, all of the same problems you mention. I dropped my resolution to 1024x768 which killed me to do but I kid you not it worked wonders. My abilities went off when I clicked them which immediately cleared up most of the problems you are experiencing. As a marauder it at least made the class playable. My friend who is a mercenary still can't get better than nearly a 1 second delay in huttball and voidstar and a 2 second delay in alderaan but give it a shot. It literally changed my decision to sub another month although I did drop my 6 month sub to a 1 month sub.

I have 4g ram, dual core processor & 560ti fermi gfx card so there is no reason why someone should have to do this but listen up. I had and on occasion still have, particularly in alderaan, all of the same problems you mention. I dropped my resolution to 1024x768 which killed me to do but I kid you not it worked wonders. My abilities went off when I clicked them which immediately cleared up most of the problems you are experiencing. As a marauder it at least made the class playable. My friend who is a mercenary still can't get better than nearly a 1 second delay in huttball and voidstar and a 2 second delay in alderaan but give it a shot. It literally changed my decision to sub another month although I did drop my 6 month sub to a 1 month sub.

..............................................??????????????

This forums, is an example of a bad marauder. Many of them flood the forums in this strange ritual called 'qq-ing' where they *****, moan and complain about something being wrong with a class and refusing to accept that they are at least partially at fault.

he's not too far off. this is the casual solo player experience. if you want to dps you may as well roll a ranged character and stand far away from danger and mash 1-2-3 while you watch cartoons

--13 years MMO experience both hardcore and casual

Edited by HBninjaX

should make you laugh, if not, then well, I laugh everytime I watch it. Was a bad matchup, we were getting stolled over, and I didn't feel like farming badges.

a juggernaut can do that but even better. in 1.1 a jug will be able to travel 90m in 3 GCD(well 4 if you count force push)

Edited by mastersloup

Errr I think people who are complaining about Marauder are either bad or aren't 50 yet. My Marauder isn't 50 yet, as I recently rerolled to this class... but it's definitely an awesome class.

I'm level 25 on mine. I went 1v1 against a 50 Powertech today in Huttball, both from 100% and with no interference from anyone else on either team. I beat him with about 15% of my HP remaining. I used Saber Ward, Cloak of Pain, and Predation during the fight, plus a heal consumable... but I still managed to beat him, which is all that matters anyway. He raged really hard and started QQing about how "some classes in this game are overpowered." When people asked him what he was talking about... I chimed in and said he means Marauders because he just got solo'd by a level 25 and he literally got laughed out of the warzone.

It was a proud moment for my Marauder =P. But still... it just goes to show that it's all about perception. If you look at someone like Klinda, you might think the Marauder is a really powerful class. If you look at someone like the OP, you might think it's garbage. Bioware essentially came out and said that the Marauder/Sentinel has one of the most complex rotations in the game... so obviously, it's going to seem underpowered or gimped in PvP when it's not played properly.

Like I said, I'm only 25 on my Marauder right now... but I don't feel like the class is inherently worse than anything else. I do quite well for my level/gear right now. But I don't even have my most essential skills yet. I don't even have Force Camouflage yet... which I would definitely consider an essential tool for the Marauder... not to mention Undying Rage, Vicious Throw, Frenzy, or access to any of the top skills in my chosen skill tree. Once I have all that, I feel that the class will really have everything I need.

I would love it if I had a 30m range on my saber throws and either a pull or Force Push... but I don't think the class absolutely needs it either. Bottom line is, as usual, it all comes down to player skill. The tools are there.

IMHO people never really understand how to play melee DPS whom's core design is not centred around ambush tactic/cooldown setups.

Marauder is the kind of fighter that is made to kill you before you can kill him or more so, do whatever you can to keep him from sticking on you or else you die.

Give the same some time and you will see. Once more gear comes out, Marauders will slowly rise to the top due to damage scaling and stats. They will have to be nerfed to keep them in check.

Meet Klinda bud

I wish people would stop using this. Posting videos of a BM geared "pro" warrior player from wow smashing lowbies and barely escaping vs 50s after burning every ability he has isn't indicative of the marauder class being "amazing" or even "good".

I wish people would stop using this. Posting videos of a BM geared "pro" warrior player from wow smashing lowbies and barely escaping vs 50s after burning every ability he has isn't indicative of the marauder class being "amazing" or even "good".

On a side note, that how-to-annoy-people-as-a-marauder video made me lol.

Meet Klinda bud

wow this is ama- wait nevermind there's a video of a juggernaut criting smash for 3k more than this dude can while being more tanky/having more utility, having a knockback + stun and have more mobility. and yet the juggernaut is considered underpowered enough to be buffed in 1.1

but hey, according to 1% of the marauder(who probably never tried another class) we're fine.

Edited by mastersloup

wow this is ama- wait nevermind there's a video of a juggernaut criting smash for 3k more than this dude can while being more tanky/having more utility, having a knockback + stun and have more mobility. and yet the juggernaut is considered underpowered enough to be buffed in 1.1

but hey, according to 1% of the marauder(who probably never tried another class) we're fine.

we are fine, and ive tried many classes..

you can easily get 300k dmg and 100+ k passive healing

we are fine, and ive tried many classes..

you can easily get 300k dmg and 100+ k passive healing

Yeah and the other days in voidstar i did 550k damage done. I also did 420k damage done with my lvl 34 sorcerer and 205k'ish with my lvl 11 juggernaut

This mean nothing

so since the juggernaut is just a better version of the marauder, is the marauder underpowered or is the juggernaut overpowered?

Edited by mastersloup

Errr I think people who are complaining about Marauder are either bad or aren't 50 yet. My Marauder isn't 50 yet, as I recently rerolled to this class... but it's definitely an awesome class.

I'm level 25 on mine. I went 1v1 against a 50 Powertech today in Huttball, both from 100% and with no interference from anyone else on either team. I beat him with about 15% of my HP remaining. I used Saber Ward, Cloak of Pain, and Predation during the fight, plus a heal consumable... but I still managed to beat him, which is all that matters anyway. He raged really hard and started QQing about how "some classes in this game are overpowered." When people asked him what he was talking about... I chimed in and said he means Marauders because he just got solo'd by a level 25 and he literally got laughed out of the warzone.

It was a proud moment for my Marauder =P. But still... it just goes to show that it's all about perception. If you look at someone like Klinda, you might think the Marauder is a really powerful class. If you look at someone like the OP, you might think it's garbage. Bioware essentially came out and said that the Marauder/Sentinel has one of the most complex rotations in the game... so obviously, it's going to seem underpowered or gimped in PvP when it's not played properly.

Like I said, I'm only 25 on my Marauder right now... but I don't feel like the class is inherently worse than anything else. I do quite well for my level/gear right now. But I don't even have my most essential skills yet. I don't even have Force Camouflage yet... which I would definitely consider an essential tool for the Marauder... not to mention Undying Rage, Vicious Throw, Frenzy, or access to any of the top skills in my chosen skill tree. Once I have all that, I feel that the class will really have everything I need.

I would love it if I had a 30m range on my saber throws and either a pull or Force Push... but I don't think the class absolutely needs it either. Bottom line is, as usual, it all comes down to player skill. The tools are there.

To be honest, I don't think anyone said that marauders are not capable in 1vs1. But hear me out. You don't have the luxury of going 1vs1 most of the time in WZs, and if you pop all your CDs to kill one guy like you did (which is not a bad thing per se), what are you going to do when he's back in the fight 10 seconds later? It's these things that make people question the marauder's value.

I am not even at full epics yet and I usually end up top 3 in damage with between 50-100k healing as anni. But my name and guild sometimes attracts pocket healers so this could explain that (not trying to brag it may just skew things in my favor).

Make some friends, it has been said a million times mara is essentially warrior from wow (earlier). Pocket healing + gear = rofl stomp massive damage and kids crying OP. The damage output + predation + force camo (talented) = setting up awesome kills and EASY escapability. Yes knockback is annoying, yes OPs hurt, but these things can be avoided or escaped.

Pro tip- If you are quick enough and see the knockback animation, if you press smash you avoid the knockback. Incredibly difficult to do, but it still works.

Well we aren't doing 700k if that is what you want. But played correctly marauders have huge ball killing capability, as well as ball carrying with predation. I promise marauders will be in high demand when rated wz comes out. Right now I don't have issues finding a group with people who want to grind out 4 minute huttballs. With talented predation we score in the first 20 seconds causing the other team to either go into AFK mode or just fight for medals. 800 valor / 4 mins is the best ATM.

Just because you are getting decent stats with your lower level characters doesn't mean they are better. In the next few weeks a majority of pvpers will be 50 decked in full champion with a large number of battlemasters hitting the forefront.