Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I want a Free Month how about You?

LexonLightsaber

It is the issue if more free time allows us to get a schedule of fixes for the bugs on a regular basis. We are paying customers and should not have to ask or demand such things they should already be giving.

They are fixing bugs on a regular basis. They just haven't fixed anti-aliasing yet. Which is far and away from being a game breaking bug and thus not at the top of their list of things that really do need to be fixed.

Try again with a real issue.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You might have a point, although i just learned that the Dev tracker is an official search function for the forums.

Too bad no one ever said that the dev tracker is a search function. You had initially said that they wouldn't need to post updates in all of the threads if people could search for answers. Someone said you can just use the dev tracker and a search for this purpose is unnecessary. You said it didn't exist, I said it did. Following along?

No? Here I'll help you:

there have been alot of fixs in the patchs. They have provide information they just do not respond to each and every 20 threads on the same topic that appear daily.

They wouldn't have to if they had a search function within forums, because this would have been a reply in an ongoing post.

Dev Tracker works like a charm :)

Prolly does, but does not substitute for not having one on their official forums.

They do have a dev tracker on the official forums. They also have a list of announcements at the top of the main forums page (you know, the same page that has the link to the dev tracker page). You know what's amazing? They've actually listed, in the announcements, all of the things they have fixed with each patch in the form of patch notes.

As for the high-res textures see here (taken from the dev tracker by the way): http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1499874#edit1499874

They're working on what they can when they can. They're not going to waste their time creating and publishing charts on when each fix will be implemented, especially when fixes are often not as simple as they appear, making timelines for this useless.

As for search, they disabled it because it uses a lot of resources, and because of the high forum traffic it bogs down the forums far too much. That would be another one of those fixes they're working on.

Blizzard has been known to give free days.

You know when they do it?

When they themselves take the servers down for days at a time.

That's not occurred here to my knowledge.

You do understand that being mislead could be considered a form of inconvenience, in the same way as a server being down is considered an inconvenience.

LOLLLOLOLOLOL

hang on

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

How exactly does not having AA ruin your experience? Oh, that's right, it DOESN'T.

LOLOLOLOLLOL

Hey guys, this game totally doesn't have a built-in gamefile defragger, so I totally want 30 days free.

I honestly question how some of you would have lived during the early ages of gaming. *********** mainstream gamers today, *** man. ************ about EVERY little thing. "OMG I JUST SAW A PIXEL **** WHAT IS THIS **** GAME!?!?!? MONEY BACK NOOOOOOW"

I would say you're acting like a spoiled kid, but even spoiled kids don't act like this. At least they are rational in knowing WHAT they want and WHY they want it. You're simply ************ because you can't find anything better to ***** about.

To the OP's original point I say this: I have played almost every day since early release, and though I have run into a thing or two that was annoying, I have found nothing completely game breaking. Anit-Aliasing is not a reason to give you a full 30 days for free.

I guess I would say: Would I like a free month? Heck yeah! Do I deserve one? Hell no!

I don't think you deserve one either.

Well i an getting the impression that AA is not that important of an update, which means they haven't really fixed anything which supports my cause even more.

Actually, the only thing you're entitled to is cancelling your subscription.

Edited by Sykologist

You do understand that being mislead could be considered a form of inconvenience, in the same way as a server being down is considered an inconvenience.

And you do understand that a form of inconvenience isn't the same as the company taking the servers down out of their own volition making those servers completely unavailable to everyone?

Server is down: no one can access...and at days on end, btw, which you seem to have not addressed. Or does Blizzard give free days for maint? No? Then SOL.

Yeah...that isn't going to happen. This launch has gone pretty smoothly and considering how other companies like Funcom didn't give a free month even though their game was an absolute joke at launch you can pretty much bank EA isn't going to.

I wouldn't mind them proving me wrong though :p

I'll take a free month if they offer it XD

Edited by GarbonzotheDude

LOLLLOLOLOLOL

hang on

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

How exactly does not having AA ruin your experience? Oh, that's right, it DOESN'T.

LOLOLOLOLLOL

Hey guys, this game totally doesn't have a built-in gamefile defragger, so I totally want 30 days free.

I honestly question how some of you would have lived during the early ages of gaming. *********** mainstream gamers today, *** man. ************ about EVERY little thing. "OMG I JUST SAW A PIXEL **** WHAT IS THIS **** GAME!?!?!? MONEY BACK NOOOOOOW"

I would say you're acting like a spoiled kid, but even spoiled kids don't act like this. At least they are rational in knowing WHAT they want and WHY they want it. You're simply ************ because you can't find anything better to ***** about.

My post does not say the reasoning for a free month is because of AA, actually i used that as a positive example. Please reread, it may clear up the confusion. Subscription based games and internet functions used to push updates did not exist during early days of gaming, I am confused?

not sure about you but the lack of information and only one concrete fix: Anti-aliasing in my 20 days of my 30 day free trial has not been adequate representation of this product. Yes they might lose 14,000,000 dollars for giving the one million subscribers another 30 days but i think it would be worth it to show they mean business moving forward. Cause i don't know about you but they haven't proved that yet.

lolol

To the OP's original point I say this: I have played almost every day since early release, and though I have run into a thing or two that was annoying, I have found nothing completely game breaking. Anit-Aliasing is not a reason to give you a full 30 days for free.

I guess I would say: Would I like a free month? Heck yeah! Do I deserve one? Hell no!

I don't think you deserve one either.

I didn't state that AA was the reason, please reread post.