Can I get rid of red scrolling error messages?

Mystiklycan

When I'm playing and I button smash I get red messages that say ability not ready or target dead, basically red annoying words that I'm doing something too soon or something isn't happen because of A and B.

I've search through all the options in the preferences, but can not see where to turn off the error text that floats through.

Anyone know if you can shut it off and where?

It is really annoying, and a game that is so keen on movie like animations we should be able to see them with out weeding through the red text thats right in the middle of the screen. Some classes it's not so bad but for others it's a pain and you need to mash a certain button.

Mr Lucas should not be happy with this red text.

• 1 month later...

OUT OF RANGE

INSUFFICIENT FOCUS

OUT OF RANGE

INSUFFICIENT FOCUS

NOT READY YET

NOT READY YET

OUT OF RANGE

OUT OF RANGE

OUT OF RANGE

INSUFFICIENT FOCUS

OUT OF RANGE

INSUFFICIENT FOCUS

NOT READY YET

NOT READY YET

OUT OF RANGE

OUT OF RANGE

Please make it stop.

I've only noticed this twice.

Both times I was rapidly buying crafting skills from the trainer and it kept telling me I'd already bought it because it was too slow.

I've never seen it in combat.

Does this mean I've got perfect timing on my combat abilities (doubtful)

It's really not that obvious (likely)

Some people are really really sensitive to little tiny things (very likely)

signed, it's really dumb that you can't turn these off, some of us like to spam a hotkey until the ability goes off so we optimise it to the millisecond.

Plus it causes additional lag for me as this spams my screen....I think I die more from the RED TEXT in PVP than from other players, lol.

As Ejas pointed out, spamming your buttons sends messages to the server. You can overload the I/O and will actually slow down your hits, not speed them up.

TL;DR: button spamming is for baddies.

As Ejas pointed out, spamming your buttons sends messages to the server. You can overload the I/O and will actually slow down your hits, not speed them up.

TL;DR: button spamming is for baddies.

Obviously you aren't a Marauder

• 1 month later...