Deserter Debuff ASAP!

Spondgebob

You want a 8 man premade only queue? Would there be a 7man premade only queue and a 6 man premade only queue?

Would there be a special queue for teams composed of 2-2man premades and 4 solos?

What about a special queue for a 5 man premade, 1 solo and one 2man?

How about a queue for 2-3man premades and 1-2 man premade?

Exactly what constitutes premade and what constitutes pug?

Oh what about a queue specifically for pugs that include people of the same guild that happened to get dropped into the same queue randomly?

What about a queue for premades without vent...and a queue for premades half with vent and half without? But then we'd need some sort of third party software checker program running in the background so SWTOR would know right? That'll help performance...heh.

Oh and speaking of performance, what about seperate queues based on ping times. But then you'd need to exclude premades in those queues too.

Ok I got it...

Every individual player gets their OWN queue. They can go in, do the objectives solo, get the points, reward themselves as mvp and then exit to requeue. /solved!

If you choose to q in a group (yes, even if it's 2, 3, 4, etc) that's your problem.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And Ill counter with this....

Side A scores 4 points in Huttball within the first 3 min. Then they hold the ball while farming medals at Side Bs spawn.

We should just stick it out for the remaining 10-12 min and let them farm us hur hur DERP! No ty, Ill chalk it up as a beating, leave and reque. As an added bonus, I save time and frustration on my end while hopefully putting an end to Side As *******ery by creating a deserter cascade.

I remember people crying over the Patriots running up the score in their amazing season a few years ago. Their response was "If you dont like it, stop us". If you are terrible or on a terrible team, its part of the game.

Take it like a champ. Most leaves are happenign at the start of matches when people see that they are getting scored on fast or losing objectives too easily so they bail. It has to be stopped and the only was is a deserter debuff.

But a game is NOT hopeless because:

a> In Voidstar the first door falls fast

b> In Aldaran the opponent caps 2 turrets first

c> In Hutball the opponent scores first.

D> Your whole team isn't 50s.

I personally DESPISE those players who insta-quit the second it doesn't look like a faceroll in their favor...and I work EXTRA hard (burn any consumables I have on me etc) to win when they do just so I know they wasted their time when they could've had the points without re-queuing.

We all know the players. They're reasonably high Valor ranks. They're 50s. And it's the same lame players day in and day out. Losers every one of them.

Only second to the leechers who don't participate and just sit back waiting for the timers to run out.

I think a 1hr lockout would suffice. Yes it would be terrible for people who crash, and this game is TERRIBLY buggy and unstable. But I think it's fair to those who queue with the intention of actually TRYING.

----

Now to fix Ilum and the lame non-existant PvP out there. Where if you attack an opponent you get flamed by the whole zone for PvP'ing instead of just flipping objectives for quests. That's just as bad.

And I DESPISE wasting my time on a losing battle or a team that is going to get stomped. It isnt fun for me and Im not going to do or play something that isnt fun.

You want a 8 man premade only queue? Would there be a 7man premade only queue and a 6 man premade only queue?

Would there be a special queue for teams composed of 2-2man premades and 4 solos?

Oh what about a queue specifically for pugs that include people of the same guild that happened to get dropped into the same queue randomly?

What about a queue for premades without vent...and a queue for premades half with vent and half without? But then we'd need some sort of third party software checker program running in the background so SWTOR would know right? That'll help performance...heh.

Oh and speaking of performance, what about seperate queues based on ping times. But then you'd need to exclude premades in those queues too.

Ok I got it...

Every individual player gets their OWN queue. They can go in, do the objectives solo, get the points, reward themselves as mvp and then exit to requeue. /solved!

Regardless of your condescending tone / sarcasm, they are working on Team PvP as we speak and ranked Warzones.

The things that need to be done are being done. The only thing I didnt see Bioware mention is the pug vs premade crap that goes on now. They simply need a better matchmaking system.

I remember people crying over the Patriots running up the score in their amazing season a few years ago. Their response was "If you dont like it, stop us". If you are terrible or on a terrible team, its part of the game.

Take it like a champ. Most leaves are happenign at the start of matches when people see that they are getting scored on fast or losing objectives too easily so they bail. It has to be stopped and the only was is a deserter debuff.

First of all, I dont get paid millions of dollars whether I win or lose. This game isnt my job, its my hobby.

Second...NO I will not "take it like a champ." I will not continuously spawn and jump down into the awaiting enemy just to be smashed over and over until time runs out. The map needs a redesign.

First of all, I dont get paid millions of dollars whether I win or lose. This game isnt my job, its my hobby.

Second...NO I will not "take it like a champ." I will not continuously spawn and jump down into the awaiting enemy just to be smashed over and over until time runs out. The map needs a redesign.

Well they will end up adding a deserter debuff so yes, you will take it like a champ and like it or you just wont play :p

The map is fine. People hold the ball because if you 6 cap, you dont get a win.

Ok I got it...

group of 3 people is enough to win a huttball game so thats the standard for a premade.

ud be surprised how many people will be choosing that option and how many more with just AFK in the warzone now because of it instead of letting a replacement person take his place.

AFK in = losing comms as you get a good bit for actually participating.

"Take it like a champ". Quoted like a true ganker and griefer. Kill poor sod many levels under you over and over. "Not strong enough to stop me - tough - part of the game". I am guessing in any other aspect of life (say they get mugged) the poster will quickly and conveniently abandon the might makes right theme.

I am not disagreeing with things needing a tweak but those who left last night, once the imps started standing around in a max group ganking simply because they could and it was fun, have not incurred my wrath any. Those who leave at first sign of "its not a faceroll" - absolutely.

Edited by OdonKnight

Every hutball game when enemy team scores first there is 2-3 players leaving the game which makes it impossible to defend the next the attack, then u lose 2-0 and more players are leaving the battleground ... and you lose by 6-0 u get less then 20 commendations and low valor or if u are lucky they will stop at 5-0 and u can get more valor/commendations for 15 mins play ...

QFMFT! I can't stand the fact that people can come into a Warzone, contribute little if anything at all, then drop when the other team scores. A ten minute debuff seems entirely appropriate. It's less time than you would spend in there if you get farmed, but it's longer than just riding out a 6-0 defeat. And maybe then people would learn to ficus objectives instead of medal farming no where near the ball carriers/doors/turrets.

I keep seeing that the ones who leave are the ones that drag a team down in the first place and have been on winning teams when they leave- I don't want em around period, times they stay they contribute exactly crap to the team all they want is a free win.

Ive come into a Huttball match after a mass exodus when the team I got put on was down 4-0 with 5 minutes left. We ended up coming back to win 5-4. I dont think that would have happened if their was a quiter debuff.

Regardless of what all the bads think. There are too many other bads out there for a quiter debuff to save you from them. The reality is there just arent enough people to carry you in every match, just feel lucky when they are there.

PVP Debuff mentality makes about as much sense as the "Cross-server WZ's will ruin my PVP community" guys.

Both are personal opinion as opposed to widely accepted facts.

I left two games yesterday. The first game, the highest level other than myself was 16. Nope, not gonna do that. The second game, I was the only person on the ball carrier for three scores. Nope, not going to do that either. At least I gave them the benefit of the doubt past the first score. The fact remains however, I'm not going to do stuff like that, It's not progressive.

And maybe then people would learn to ficus objectives instead of medal farming no where near the ball carriers/doors/turrets.

I definitely see your point, but I think the problem is that many people don't learn. I've also been in many games where the other team is rolling us, then just kept running around for the rest of the time instead of scoring the 6th point. I don't want to have to stay for that.

When you go on defense in Voidstar first, and the other team gets the first door almost immediately - why should people have to stick around and suffer? A quick score/objective (not including Alderaan) is not the same as a "*** quick score" IMO. It's the "***" moments where I realize that my group is not working together/going for objectives. Then I see people chase kills around - sorry if I know people aren't playing the Warzone, I'm out. I miss out on the valor, creds, commendations, etc but at least I'm not just free valor for the other team.

A chance to win encourages people to try. Forcing people to do something has the opposite effect.

Nobody is going to hand you your free win that you didn't earn. You don't GET to win, if you're bad. You either stop playing, or you lose. Those are the only 2 options. And everyone is fine with you picking either one, but you don't get to make everyone else lose because you're hopeless.

No debuff is necessary. People should be able to come and go as they please. If it is obvious that your team is terrible and is not going for objectives, you should be able to leave immediately and que up for another game. No one really loses anything because the people's spots are almost immediately filled by someone else.

/thread

If the team sucks, and isn't going anywhere, you should be free to leave.

Also, if you get hutt ball 10 times in a row, and don't want to play it anymore because the game has a retarded PvP Q system, you should be free to leave as well.

If you're crying because people are leaving, the game doesn't need a debuff, you need to form your own group.

Edited by Celebrus

A chance to win encourages people to try. Forcing people to do something has the opposite effect.

People often vastly underestimate their chances. It's not impossible to win by playing skillfully even if you're completely outmatched by levels and gear - because the warzones aren't about just killing the other team. Chain your revives properly and you can hold a side turret on Alderaan indefinitely by continuing to interrupt a cap on the stick. A single person or two can carry a Huttball the whole way while everyone else is getting murdered if they know what they're doing.

If you see "Oh whelp, we only have 1 level 50, I'm out" then you're part of the problem.

I always play to win but Am I losing a hopeless warzone game? no Problem, I'll just Guard random folks, farm defensive medals and get more commendations/valor than 80% of the 16 players.

Winning doesn't really matter except for completing the Daily/Weekly.

Edited by Tariiel