Rest XP: It ruins the game!

Lauski

At first when the rested XP was introduced I thought it was cool and the little bit I gained was used up very quickly. But I was unable to play last week and I have accumulated so much rested XP that I was unable to use it up even after I played the entire weekend.

I think it is a nice feature but I have definitely too much rested XP...

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The longer it takes you to get to 50, is the more content you'll have to go through. This is crucial for providing players with an enjoyable, online MMO experience. Working towards a goal.

LOL, oh my gosh that is scary to even think about. One of the best things about this game is that I do not have to do all that PvE content on each planet. That "content" is about as enjoyable as watching loading screens.

One of the best features in this game is the variety of other "games" you can play online. If you're not enjoying the pve content you can go play pvp, you can go do space missions, you can go do flashpoints (hopefully this will be better in the future, grouping is awful to the point that I don't even try anymore). Plus you can go explore the GTN, see what other players are doing on fleet, or just drive around and explore everything. (you earn xp when exploring)

I like having the freedom to play only the content I enjoy rather than being forced to play everything in order to level up.

Leveling is perfect in this game. Seeing the flood of "50 too fast" posts is sad. To me it seems like the people at 50 are asking to be in some elite class where everyone else has to work 2x as hard to get there.

Go roll 5 other characters and fill up your slots on your chosen server, then you can have something that most people don't. I mean you want to see ALL the content right?

TL;DR:

=========================================

As it is right now, you gain rest XP (which doubles everything you kill) while:

• Logged off in an unsafe area (Like the wilderness, outside a Cantina/Fleet)
  • You are logged in, Inside at the Fleet
  • You are dead

As someone who doesn't play all the time, I find my character is always rested, even with logging off outside Cantinas (I gain 2.5% rest xp of my level per day). I feel this contributes to the "leveling speed", some perceive as a problem. This rest XP is unavoidable. I think this should change.

You should NOT RECEIVE ANY rest xp:

• If logged off, outside a Cantina/Rest Zone. [Your char is unsafe]
  • While logged on, at the Fleet. [You are not resting]
  • While dead. [Perhaps it is resting? It is the "Great Big Sleep" :D]

You SHOULD RECEIVE rest xp:

• If logged off, inside a Cantina/Rest Zone. [Your char is safely logged off, in a Rest Zone]
  • If logged on, inside a Cantina/bar. [Your char is safe in a small avoidable Rest Zone, socializing]
  • *Both of these may be increased to compensate for the lost stuff above, and provide incentive to hanging out in bars.

=========================================

Edits due to:

Best attempt now at the most concise possible form. You are welcome to look at page 3 for my original post. No more in-depth theory. It really just comes down to:

The longer it takes you to get to 50, is the more content you'll have to go through. This is crucial for providing players with an enjoyable, online MMO experience. Working towards a goal.

Gosh. Really? How did you read my post and respond in 2 minutes? Did you mean, it was too much to bother reading, so it seemed like a complicated solution? It's a pretty small fix, yet has a far-reaching impact to promote the longevity of the game.

I do a lot of these already. Look, we may disagree and you like the game the way it is. I'd never ask them to change that on you. This is why I'm not calling for a global XP cut to everyone. I would just like an option to play the game at my pace and not have it auto-level me.

I too wish to see high priority bugs fixed. Once they are addressed, peoples' suggestions are going to be key for growing this game for the masses. It's why MMO's of today have so many great, fun features.

What makes an MMO "massive", is to have it appeal to a massive number of people, not just one person.

jesus christ........ STTTTTFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the op:

I totally disagree and require rested xp if I am resting at a cantina. I dont have the time to grind grind levels forever.

I also like the fact that there are multiple ways to level such as through pvp since I cant stand questing. Giving players more options is a good thing.

Edited by jtfone

I agree. When I realized how fast I was outleveling the game, I actually started AVOIDING rest areas. But the rest exp found me anyways. I didn't want it! I was sick of being 5 levels over everything!

And anyone who whines about not wanting to "grind levels" - you don't need to do a single second of grinding purely for exp to get to 50.

Edited by EternalFinality

I'm confused. Rested XP accumulates slowly in the game and makes a very very small difference in leveling speed.

If you don't want to out level content, don't run Warzones.

Between running PvP and space missions, I can easily maintain a 2-3, even 4 level gain on the current class and planet missions. On my very first character I only did the planet missions and was actually on par with mission levels and planet ranges, even with rest experience. Rest experience really does not make that much of a difference. The game is just fast paced, especially when you add in space mission dailies and general PvP.

Edited by SodaOfYoda

Logging outside of a rested zone is plenty sufficient to your rested XP problem.

The amount of rest up you get for logging out under a bridge (this is where you log out, right?) is negligable.

Edited by FooBard

The max to your next level up.Say you are going from 30 to 31 and it takes 140111 pts.Rest max will be the 140111.

Ok so just level based. However, I know at 50, it seems not to have a cap at all. I would suspect this is in place for future expansions and perhaps level increases down the line. ( I have well over 1/2 mil in rested xp currently as of last week..most likely a lot more now)

Either way, this is the first game I have played ( never a wow player..lasted 10 mins in that horrible thing) that has had rested xp. I do not see how it ruins the game. But then again, that is just all a matter of personal opinion.

Please take away OP's ability to gain rest exp, he does not speak for me. I game to have fun, not to slave away just get half a level.

What!This game isn't suppose to be fun.Grind damn it grind!:mad: The beatings will continue until morale improves!Oh wait I agree.:eek:

I'm leveling my alt and choose not to do heroics with random people because my friends don't have alts around my level. I'm barely getting enough exp to get from world to world without them, so.... keep it the way it is, yar!

• 1 month later...

guess im a weirdo like the OP... it would be nice if there was an option to turn off rest xp. everyone wins that way.

i level too fast (since i play every few days and get rest xp even if i'm out of a rest area) and it makes the game not as challenging and to me that means not as fun.

:o

Rested XP is actually not the problem. All it does is merely boost a fraction of your XP bar.

For someone who plays long hours per day, rested XP only benefits them a bit because the majority of the XP that they gain are unrested.

For someone who plays casually per day, rested XP only benefits them a bit because they don't play as long as the people previously mentioned, and they will take even longer to reach 50.

The real problem is that some things give too much xp. Space missions. Maybe PvP but I'm not sure. XP from space missions should be nerfed.

Rested XP has also existed in World of Warcraft, and considering that they have 10 million subs, I don't think it ruined them in any way.

Edited by ConradLionhart

Rested XP is actually not the problem. All it does is merely boost a fraction of your XP bar.

For someone who plays long hours per day, rested XP only benefits them a bit because the majority of the XP that they gain are unrested.

For someone who plays casually per day, rested XP only benefits them a bit because they don't play as long as the people previously mentioned, and they will take even longer to reach 50.

The real problem is that some things give too much xp. Space missions. Maybe PvP but I'm not sure. XP from space missions should be nerfed.

Rested XP has also existed in World of Warcraft, and considering that they have 10 million subs, I don't think it ruined them in any way.

you may be right about pvp, seems im leveling much faster since i started trying that out and i have a full rested xp bar right now.

i actually can't remember the last time my xp bar was yellow lol

you may be right about pvp, seems im leveling much faster since i started trying that out and i have a full rested xp bar right now.

i actually can't remember the last time my xp bar was yellow lol

Actually hold on. I am not in the game now, but does rested XP benefit from all xp gains?

Because in WoW, it only benefits from monster kills or something.