People prematurely leaving Warzones

Gestas

Bioware, when you copied the boring Battleground system from WoW, instead of focusing on something more interesting like World PVP, you forgot to copy the Battleground deserter debuff that is given to players who leave before the match has ended. Edited by Gestas

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware, when you copied the boring Battleground system from WoW, you forgot to copy the Battleground deserter debuff that is given to players who leave before the match has ended.

People that leave get replaced quickly. People that leave get no reward.

What's the problem?

Bioware, when you copied the boring Battleground system from WoW, instead of focusing on something more interesting like World PVP, you forgot to copy the Battleground deserter debuff that is given to players who leave before the match has ended.

They also forgot to copy the system where you aren't booted from the Warzone if you DC.

What's the problem?

People who leave prematurely should get a debuff where they can't join another Warzone for at least 5-10 minutes. What's the problem?

If you had to leave for RL reasons, then you'll be able to queue up as soon as possible when you come back.

If players aren't being replaced instantaneously, then it's not fast enough. A team with fluctuating members isn't going to do so hot up against a team of people who stayed and completed the match. Every moment counts and every moment where a team is behind a member or two is detrimental.

The main problem is that more often than not one would join a battleground in progress and usually on a loosing side, which builds up a lot of frustration. And so far PvP is not really fun and relaxing to begin with.

I agree with the idea of debuff, but not before more pressing matters with PvP are resolved. Like level imbalance or ability delay.

Bioware, when you copied the boring Battleground system from WoW, instead of focusing on something more interesting like World PVP, you forgot to copy the Battleground deserter debuff that is given to players who leave before the match has ended.
This.

There should be consequences for losers who quit immediately after their team starts losing... And I am talking about intentional leaving.

Edited by Metallistic

I totally agree. I don't care if people have no idea how to play. I don't care if someone doesn't bind the pass the key. I don't care if someone leaves a node unguarded to attack another node 1 on 4. They are idiots, I can deal with it.

People who leave are much worse. They guarantee losses because someone who gets the "fill in role" is less likely to stay when we walks into a losing situation. The only thing worse then deserters is AFKers but they are a separate ball park.

I have also seen instances where they leave during the preshow when I am sure it is because they checked the level of their mates and didn't think we had a chance.

I am proud to say I have never left prematurely. If I am down 5-0 then I try to get one goal or prevent the six cap.

Edited by richardya

Really what needs to occur is a foot should rez out of their monitor and >!< Jackboot to the head...

But seriously, if it's a worry that you will perform worse with less people perhaps the rewards can be scaled for an outnumbered team; more risk/disadvantage means more reward despite the loss.

People leaving causes a chain reaction the results of which are unsalvageable.

1 guy leaves, this screws up the PUG's togetherness, another guy leaves, and by that time you have no chance because the enemy has the same players on its team.

Frankly not only do they need a debuff, but there needs to be a credit/commendation penalty too. That's just my opinion though and im sure no one will agree with it.

What's the problem?

It hurts the people who stay because they are playing with 7 for a while.

Frankly not only do they need a debuff, but there needs to be a credit/commendation penalty too. That's just my opinion though and im sure no one will agree with it.

+1 on the commendation penalty and force the title of deserter on them for 20 minutes.

Edited by richardya

As long as there are no lvl 50 brackets i say leave as much as ya want...

Im Hutballed out,im just tired of that zone which i have been leaving as soon as the screen loads which gives the team ample time for me to be replaced.

However i never leave matches that i have started aside from a match that the other team was blantly farming kills.

The lack of 50 brackets create lopsided matches. This accelerates the 50's valor/commendation grind thus attaining even greater gear advantage.

There are a lot of people that refuse to feed the opposing 50 players valor/commendation grind.

Brackets will go a long way with helping this situation.

Deserter debuff should be introduced as well. Just get those dang brackets set up.

People who leave prematurely should get a debuff where they can't join another Warzone for at least 5-10 minutes. What's the problem?

If you had to leave for RL reasons, then you'll be able to queue up as soon as possible when you come back.

If players aren't being replaced instantaneously, then it's not fast enough. A team with fluctuating members isn't going to do so hot up against a team of people who stayed and completed the match. Every moment counts and every moment where a team is behind a member or two is detrimental.

I agree with this. It bugs me when I notice we get some more level 50s in the group, and they see a level 10 and go "LOLNUB /quit"

C'mon folks, just stick it out.

If they implement something like this, I'm probably going to quit warzones altogether.

I want the freedom to leave matches that are a complete waste of time, I want the freedom to leave matches we have no possibility of winning (against teams), and I want the freedom to choose my warzone.

Currently, we are unable to choose our warzone. I hate huttball, and if they force me to play in a huttball game, I am going to AFK in the match and do something else.

Same goes for going against teams. I don't want to play in a pug war against a team because it's a major waste of time.

I think that it is only the failures that want good PVPers to stick around and carry them through matches that want the debuff. Any experienced PVP can recognize when the team is terrbile and should be allowed to leave without penalty and instantly que for another game where people got their stuff together.

Last night I had a knock on my door.

By the time I'd gotten to door, said, "Yes", said, "ok", shut the door and back to comp I'd already been disconnected from the BG.

So sure, introduce buff... but increase the afk timer to 2min or something.