The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is the game failing? :(

Blackweb

Another one of these threads eh? I guess I'll bite.

All I can do is try to explain that lots of different people have different play times. Personally I sometimes only play for 1-2 hours a day. Some days I just don't feel like playing *any* video games.

It doesn't mean I quit, It doesn't mean I'm bored. It just means I'm doing something else.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to point somethings out. This game won two awards, one for having the most subscribers at launch in MMO history and for the fastest growing MMO. Gamespot says that they predict by the end of the year that they will have sold 7 million units. I don't think the game is dying and there are 1000s maybe even hundreds of 1000s of people that join every week. This game is not failing and because of two reasons A) its probably the biggest game ever made from Bioware and its a AAA title. And B), its a Star Wars Game. Star Wars is the most popular franchise EVER and this game is no exception.

If you think it is failing just take a deep breath, relax and just think about how long Star Wars Galaxies went on for. That game lasted 8+ years even after the terrible NGE, so I have faith in this.

I just logged in and took an overall look on the servers... I see maybe 1 server with a high population and 30-40 servers with light/standard)

Are people leaving this game? Is it failing?

I'm kind of a fanboy when it comes to star wars and I TRULY want to love this game. So far I'm loving the awesome voiceovers and the combat system (even though many complain about it cuz of sucky pvp).

But the graphics engine is just... horrendous, the feel of the game is so bad... the world doesn't feel stable and working but glitchy and static, the audio bugs OMG I can't run my speeder for 2 mins without the hovering sound dissapearing all the time replaced by other environment sounds etc. cuz they are poorly programmed they overlap each other I think?

Is serious fixing coming to this game? Do you think it will get the overhaul that it needs?

I'm really worried that the EA budget money making machine, has saved resources on this game in places where they really shouldn't have.

I'm never going back to wow or anything like that, but seriously I'm praying for a golden overhaul for this game cuz I just don't see myself sticking around for anything other than the storylines so far.

I'm sorry if some of you people who can easily ignore all these issue are offended, call me a troll all you want. But I really hope we can get enough attention on these matters, so that one day they will take it serioulsy and throw the resources needed into the game.

No amount of talking about how good it is, can obscure the truth, that this game needs a major overhaul to compete properly.

Please at least try to hold back the trolling monster inside you if you wanna comment on this thread.

Thank you but this is my honest 10 cents and it has nothing to do with trying to bring the game down or promote other mmo's, I want this game to be all it can be and imo it has long way to go.

Fail on thinking OP.

1. People go to work/school and have LIVES.

2. The holiday's are over.

3. The game is epic and NOT failing.

Another one of these threads eh? I guess I'll bite.

All I can do is try to explain that lots of different people have different play times. Personally I sometimes only play for 1-2 hours a day. Some days I just don't feel like playing *any* video games.

It doesn't mean I quit, It doesn't mean I'm bored. It just means I'm doing something else.

No, someone bumped a thread from 5 days ago. They've been doing it all day.

Probably a "benefit" of having a search feature. haha

Ok I get your point, but it's not exactly that much different during peak hours and if you read my entire post you will notice I'm not only talking about the amount of people on the various servers.

As I asked in my OP, try not to troll for no reason even though I can see it's hard for some of you.

Lol wrong..

You also need to factor in the age of the player base and so forth.

SO far I have NOT ran into anyone less then 18 years old playing this game.

In fact I dare say the average age may be 26 or so. Crazy but yeah ...

So to take a better account of this you need to be looking at Weekends or some weeknights.

Not 6 Am or so..lol.. thats not going to work at all.

Ok I get your point, but it's not exactly that much different during peak hours and if you read my entire post you will notice I'm not only talking about the amount of people on the various servers.

As I asked in my OP, try not to troll for no reason even though I can see it's hard for some of you.

The person offered some data and a perspective about your point that could refute your point because of the time slot you might be using. Looking at the time stamp of your posts you're still posting about low server populations in the middle of the work day in the U.S.

Presenting a counterpoint and using data to back that up is NOT trolling. People are very much allowed to disagree with you. And if they make a stronger case than you, accept that and move on. Right now, that person's making a more compelling point than you are.

In the middle of the work day, a video game who's strongest target demographic are working males in the U.S., might not have such a high population while they're all at their jobs making the money they needed to make to buy the game in the first place.

Edited by SnoggyMack

Why do fan boys always have to bash people? Sad....says a lot about this ****** community. Worse than WoW's tbh.

Not even close.

GO to the WoW forums and "other games" forum. see all the ToR threads there with endless bashing from WoW fans.

Oh, you were trolling?

Lol wrong..

You also need to factor in the age of the player base and so forth.

SO far I have NOT ran into anyone less then 18 years old playing this game.

In fact I dare say the average age may be 26 or so. Crazy but yeah ...

So to take a better account of this you need to be looking at Weekends or some weeknights.

Not 6 Am or so..lol.. thats not going to work at all.

Sadly i think the average age in my guild is over 30!!

A lot of us grew up on Star Wars, i saw the original theatrical release when i was 5 years old, had the falcon and all the toys.

it's like reliving my childhood. I love the SW unverse, something i can't say about any other universe/backsetting in an MMO except ultima (palyed all the orignal apple games).

We pretty much all have kids and families, so playtime is typically later at night in smaller chuncks.

Edited by TheHeadCapper