Only thing needed to fix sentinel: Improve/fix centering

John_Locke

Really? Fixing centering would fix Sentinel?

Oh you silly banana you.

How about ability delay and stuttering that's REALLY breaking the class?

Give this man a cookie. The ability delay and stuttering are the only thing preventing me from going from "Good" to "Great" in PvP.

if the Centering mechanic is truly what's ruining u, then I have to ask, how come BW gave YOU better offhand damage and CC/stun breaks? Confounding :confused:

lol :) And to OP - yeah gimp Watchman by removing Valor is that what he meant? Ah yes, that fixes and improves centering because it was OP! Im not sure nerfing any spec tree is what Sent needs with rebalancing... centering isn't the big issue, whether you love or or not.

Edited by ErisktheRed

OFF HAND LIGHTSABER. iT DOES AROUND 36 PERCENT OF THE OFFHAND. damage yet you increase it by 36 max in the skill tree. It doesnt make sense if your ask me. Also Make zen actually do something to aid Ataru form. Give us greater accuracy so we can do more direct damage

Off hand could be a bit stronger, but I just want an ability to absorb lightning and fire, maybe add focus or give just a bit of healing. This would give us better chance against force lightning and flame stuff. What I seem to die to the most in pvp.

OFF HAND LIGHTSABER. iT DOES AROUND 36 PERCENT OF THE OFFHAND. damage yet you increase it by 36 max in the skill tree. It doesnt make sense if your ask me. Also Make zen actually do something to aid Ataru form. Give us greater accuracy so we can do more direct damage

15% faster movement in Ataru is pretty awesome.

15% faster movement in Ataru is pretty awesome.

It pretty much goes unnoticble especially since it doesnt stack w/ sprint ot trancendence. I wish Zen instead of reducing focus cost of Blade rush slash(when Shi-cho puts slash at no cost) would increase accuracy or damage for direct damage made from the increased accuracy

Off hand could be a bit stronger, but I just want an ability to absorb lightning and fire, maybe add focus or give just a bit of healing. This would give us better chance against force lightning and flame stuff. What I seem to die to the most in pvp.

If your mainhand does 500 and your offhand does around 150. So 500(Pri) 150(Sec) what do you think should be a good ratio for the damage. Especially after you specced 3 skill points in duel weild master to increase the damage by 36%. I have no idea what damage it would be doing if i didnt specc 3 skill points into it.

The Zen effect doesn't have to stack with Transcendence.

Entering Transcendence consumes 30 stacks of centering ... just like Zen. I don't know for certain, but I don't think it's possible in Combat spec to build centering fast enough to pop Transcendence while still in Zen. I'll have to try that out.

Although even if it doesn't stack with another Knight's Trancendence, it's still 5% faster... so I'm not sure what the problem is there either.

I will say that I don't see a lot of Combat Sents putting that movement speed to effective use except in Huttball.

Lightning: Resolve, Force Stasis, Force Leap, Force Kick, Force Sweep

Fire: See above

Focus: Crusader, Burning Focus, countless traits to reduce Focus costs/refund focus

Healing: Watchman spec Juyo Zen

We have all that...

• 1 month later...
The Zen effect doesn't have to stack with Transcendence.

Entering Transcendence consumes 30 stacks of centering ... just like Zen. I don't know for certain, but I don't think it's possible in Combat spec to build centering fast enough to pop Transcendence while still in Zen. I'll have to try that out.

You cannot gain Centering while Zen or Transcendence are up, so, no, you cannot have both active at once. And, from what I've seen on my Sentinel, Combat's Centering generation is too slow for that to work, anyway. I don't think Valorous Call would work, either - but I don't have that yet, so I cannot personally confirm.