Yeah it's Operatives

Sanzibal

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell ya what. I play a sith Jugg immort spec. Level 50 400 exp. No, unfourtunately its not any higher, if that makes me a baddy in game I apologize. I have what are called RL responsibilities. Anyway, just wanted to clear that up as I am not even going to entertain or react to the epeen kids who would rather troll/slander you instead of actually making an argument that a normal human being would respect.

I really enjoy PvP and I am extremely impressed with the level it is balanced at for a new MMO. SO...Now for what gets me. Its the whole thing of hitting a three button rotation and damned near killing a player or killing him. The thing is, there will always be OP classes out there, but maybe it shouldnt be THAT easy to be OP. I know the excuse for OPs is well we are useless after the opener....Alrighty sure, well that sounds like a poor design, stealth classes usually are designed in a way where they need to control the situation they insert themselves into. Controlling them isnt, OUT OF STEALTH PRAYING NO TRINKET BAM BAM BAM YOUR GROUND BEEF! Restealth rinse and repeat. Maybe just maybe a little bit more effort should be required to do this...Im fairly sure any average gamer with a naga mouse can accomplish this. Anyway, a little off the burst and a little more in the sustained would go a long way for the OP, no normal person could object to that change...?

Now onto the grav/tracer missle....Give them more buttons please? Or do SOMETHING so they have to do something else other then wearing out a key on their keyboard to do a metric ton of damage?

¬Iktovan

P.S. Getting people mad in an mmo does not make your shlong get any longer. Infact it may just make it fall off. Because we all know those that do it are trying to compensate for something.

Edited by Iktovan

I killed an operative today. It was a great struggle of epic proportions, we battled across the great abyss known as the pit. But in reality it wasn't.

All I did was CC breaker stun->knockback, spammed dots so he couldn't vanish and melted his face in. Once out of stealth they cant really do a lot of sustain dmg and have very little ranged attacks. So get distance and **** them. Stop coming to the forums to complain and learn to play better.

Translation: I love my class and we're way not unblalanced because you can "easily" win if you:

IF Have your CC breaker available THEN

IF you have your knockback available THEN

IF you have a DOT and THEN

IF said dot is available

..and all of the above needs to go off BEFORE the attacker goes into stealth.

Easy peasy!

oh wait.. they "cannot do a whole lot of damage when out of stealth" as compared to what - your damage while in stealth? Context pls! and.. even if true its like saying -

"Well Sgt I only had a couple rounds for my bazooka so when I ran out of those and went to the enemy position there was one enemy who was lying there bleeding and broken. I couldn't shoot him again with the bazooka so I ended his misery with my combat knife".

Yes, react faster in that eternity of a GCD, as well as that GCD that never resets when you cancel spells trying to act fast.

Not to mention (at least my class) only has one CC break on a two minute CD. All this "react faster/l2p" nonsense OPs rave on about is much more situational than the stim/buff stacking conundrum that they use as their defense.

As for squishy, as a Sentinel with the same armor class as you, and one reliable form of damage mitigation (for UP TO 30 secs, which is very easy to negate by letting it tick down without refreshing it) should I be able to take people down to 30% in 2 GCD's too?

Edited by Laikacosmo

operatives are cheat class. day have to many stuns make lik the rep ones.

even the assassin class is allow only 1 time stealth each 3 mins. like classes like sorcerer and sniper sould turn away to them to shoot at team. also smuggler has to may stunes and bleeding dmg and stealth think cannot push on the ground and do epic dmg even if u were pvp armor. either less no posion/bleeding less speed only for few moments like inqustor class dmg and stealth we u can ar not stunned in a row every 3 min of used. and classes like snipers and sorcerer counts have te turn to look at them to attack.

operatives are cheat class. day have to many stuns make lik the rep ones.

even the assassin class is allow only 1 time stealth each 3 mins. like classes like sorcerer and sniper sould turn away to them to shoot at team. also smuggler has to may stunes and bleeding dmg and stealth think cannot push on the ground and do epic dmg even if u were pvp armor. either less no posion/bleeding less speed only for few moments like inqustor class dmg and stealth we u can ar not stunned in a row every 3 min of used. and classes like snipers and sorcerer counts have te turn to look at them to attack.

Assassins and shadows can stay stealthed forever.

I really believe that you are mentally retarded if you think that operatives are not broken/overpowered.

Just wait until one kills you in under 3 seconds, and then you will understand.

Matches ive been playing tell a far different story.

I open up my burst and the guy turns and starts blasting me or stuns me and since my Vanish is down he heals and im dead.

Had a interesting fight with an inquis at a turret last night got him down to 30% on my burst he stunned me then healed to about 80% then we went at it which seemed like forever but he finally won because of his heals,i assume we were even geared or it sure looked like it,was fun.

Not really, 1.5sec GCD between the dodge skill and vanish. Apply affliction then and it hits. Also they cant remove force effects with their purge. Maybe you just havent fought a good sorcerer yet.

On the other hand most dot ticks have a 3 second tick and you can dodge in stealth, so you can vanish then dodge if you time it right (which I guess is totally possible given that you can apparently time your dot between bubble and vanish in this buggy animation delay pos game.)

sniper's heavy burst can be avoided by a quick interrupt or LOS. Not the case with Ops.

Jesus. So much wrong in this thread. Snipers are uninterruptable in cover.

Dodge makes you immune to melee and ranged attacks which somehow doesn't cover much besides someone spamming the auto attack skill. Dots from sorcerors definitely not covered.

Dodge and vanish may not be on the global cooldown (I'll check this later but I think it's wrong.) Even if it's true, the crappiness of instants in this game means that you can't do them both together right away. My hotkeys are right next to each other. I usually hit dodge which goes off reliably then spam vanish. It never ever happens right back to back like you'd expect if they were off the GCD. Maybe it's an animation thing for scoundrels but you definitely can't instant dodge vanish. There's a delay. I'd say about 20% of the time dodge seems to bug vanish to the point where it won't go off for 10 secs+ and I just ran away out of stealth looking like a noob while I shout curses at the stupid game.

it is absolutely stupid. No class should be able to crit that high given the current health pools. I cannot fathom why anyone would defend this nonsense.

If it does not get fixed people will get fed up and stop pvp (and playing) and all the immature little operatives and scoundrals can run around and two shot each other and call each other "badds" all day in WZ's. Have fun.

I will give them time to fix this but this will drive me away you can bet on it.

Same kind of garbage happened in WH online and I never touched that game again. Look how great that one is doing....

Learn to kite. Also, you're completely and totally forgetting that we (ops/scoundrels) have NO F-ING GAP CLOSER! IF YOU OPEN UP THE DISTANCE BETWEEN YOURSELF AND AN OPS/SCOUNDREL...IF YOU LOSE THEN...IT'S ON YOU!!

Its fine, get expertise, react faster, kill the squishiest class in the game

As I've stated in a previous post, I'm a valor 61 in FULL PvP gear, 3 battlemaster pieces. I have expertise. When I'm able to use my stun breaker, assuming resolve decides to work, I use it. When I'm stunned for 4 seconds and cannot break it, and I'm against a level 50 Op, he;ll kill me before the stun wears off, or at least leave me with 1000 health that I have to try to run, and heal myself.

right now ops/scoundrel is OP when opening from stealth and abysmal any other time.

There needs to be a middle ground; strong from stealth (Nerf to opening burst), but able to do some amount of sustained damage outside of stealth, as well as not being melted instantly by anything at range(buff to survivability & sustain).

As I've stated in a previous post, I'm a valor 61 in FULL PvP gear, 3 battlemaster pieces. I have expertise. When I'm able to use my stun breaker, assuming resolve decides to work, I use it. When I'm stunned for 4 seconds and cannot break it, and I'm against a level 50 Op, he;ll kill me before the stun wears off, or at least leave me with 1000 health that I have to try to run, and heal myself.

I'm calling BS on this one. I've never, NEVER, been able to stun lock any Battlemaster to death. You're either full of crap, or the Operative isn't alone. 4 seconds allows for two abilities. Most likely they are Hidden Strike (not sure of Scoundrel ability names so I'm only using Operative) as that has the knockdown, then Backstab. I'm always spamming Shiv immediately after but they are off the ground and using their own abilities before it lands. Either the Operative isn't alone, or you don't die during the Stun but give up and don't fight back. I don't know what class you are, but you're not a Battlemaster anything dieing to a lone Operative in 3-4 seconds. There's no way. The most I have opened up for against anybody is 10K (multiple abilities), and that's stacking all of my consumables before hand.

Just love how Ops always assume the person they KD is just bad for not breaking it. Guess I forgot Op is the only class with CC you have to break, and using it any other time is just foolhardy. Oh, and even if you do break it, 2 mins til the next, but I mean, come on... What are the odds we'll need to use it again in 2 mins, amiright??

Yeah, coz the game only has sorcs in it.

BTW, when does your imaginary OP use combat stealth and waits out the sorc resolve bar and knocks him down again? DOTs you say...yeah, pretty much never work if OP knows his business.

And for some reason I can't root OPs with their shield up, but your sorc can...gg.

This sorc just stands there at low health and doesn't heal?

Oh, it's a different class who also doesn't notice that vanish takes him out of combat and he can just use his out of combat heal?

Oh, wait, no, so now the resolve bar is over before the op vanishes. He's lived the whole time at full health, the other person isn't dead.

So, basically, the scoundrel is OP and good and the opponent is a terrible like you and it's unfair the terrible doesn't win.

Look, vanish and reopen is powerful in very specific circumstances but you better have a damn good reason to need that person dead cause you're pretty much boned if anyone else shows up in the next two minutes and your vanish is down. Using vanish offensively is a really weak choice against the same opponent in most cases. You can just stun, flechette, backblast and get 70% of the damage and leave open a flash grenade followup for 12 seconds of cc instead of 4.

People are so focused on this opener, it's ridiculous. Nerf it. I don't care at all. Make it the same as back blast. That's about a 1200 damage decrease given normal buffs and a 50% crit rate and will have no impact on what people erroneously see as OP. It's not the opener OR the knockdown that makes them seem OP.

We're probably going to get nerfed because good scoundrels in op gear with stupid buffs are really scary to noobs.

So, to actually "fix" scoundrels in a way the noobs would never suggest but that would make them much happier without destroying the class, move the upper hand generation from shoot first to back blast and give shoot first and back blast a shared 9s cooldown. Out of stealth burst will drop dramatically but good scoundrels who don't just "flechette, shoot first, back blast, blaster whip, sucker punch, sucker punch, die" will actually be mostly untouched.

Also, turn the knockdown into a 2 second stun with a 5 second root. That would be better for everyone.

Just love how Ops always assume the person they KD is just bad for not breaking it. Guess I forgot Op is the only class with CC you have to break, and using it any other time is just foolhardy. Oh, and even if you do break it, 2 mins til the next, but I mean, come on... What are the odds we'll need to use it again in 2 mins, amiright??

Where in my post did I say use your CC breaker? In fact, the entirety of my reply was assuming it was on cooldown. Let me break it down for you a little better. I use Hidden Strike (6500 dmg max crit). 3 second stun beguns on a 1.5 sec GCD (that's global cooldown in case you aren't aware). Before I can use another ability, the stun is reduced to 1.5 seconds (and that's assuming the input/positional lag doesn't screw me, which happens far more often than not). So I use Backstab (2500 max crit) next, which reduces the stun to 0 seconds left with the 1.5 sec GCD of Backstab. Now here I said I'm spamming Shiv, but they're usually off the ground and fighting back before this goes off. The number in parentheses is the max crit I've ever gotten stacking consumables for a toal of 9K, and that's considering low level players with no expertise. Any Battlemaster in full PvP gear (even if only 3 are Battlemaster) will not take nearly enough damage and will have at least 15K health. That means when he gets off the ground he has at least 6K health. Considering knockbacks, stuns, snares, etc. a good player can get away alive and still kill us without using the CC breaker. Again, I call BS on that guy, and tell you to read my post before you comment on it.

Question: Is it hard to type your rants on the forums through tear-filled eyes?

Your a joke,you guys and your army of inquisitors with no less than 4 to 6 a round and just dont wish to ever be hit,why the Republic should just beg for a quick and painless death and be cannon fodder for you and your UBHERR buddys and throw comms at your feet.