This que is horrible

Babyduck

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in multiple launches and this is by far the smoothest.

Ummm Rift let everyone in and it was the smoothest lauch.. that let all the pre orders in and had full servers... of any MMO.

Again like all my posts.. dont mind waiting to get in. But understand what PR mess up this whole thing is. Last night prime time US 1 high pop server 13 low pop rest medium. And what happens on the 20th when everyone gets to play if they are afraid of crashes in early release?

Now step back and dont think like a fanboi who is playing... or a QQ who is freaking out.... and you will have to admit this whole thing has been handled very bad.

But common sense has no place on this board so far... .its either eric cartman who has the fun toy and is rubbing it into the other kids who dont have the toys faces...... or its eric cartman who doesnt have the toy everyone else has..... I am speak with some common sense not as a troll eric cartman from above either way.

Warhammer, Rift and this one. This is the only one that gave me no idea when I would get to play.

You know when you'll get to play. The game launches on the 20th. You can play then. Bioware is being nice and giving you some extra time FOR FREE (as you don't even need to have a copy of the game to get in Early Access) and you are complaining.

The problem you all seem to be having is in discerning the difference between a "Launch" and Early Access. We don't know how their "Launch" is yet, that's on the 20th. If everything goes swimmingly and there aren't multiple servers crashing, and people losing progress, I'd call it a smashing success.

As for their Early Access process... I think their only mistake was not having the foresight to see that a good portion of their player-base is going to be far too immature and self-centered to take a more patient approach to the wait. They are delivering exactly what they promised, and to be quite honest ahead of the schedule that I had originally predicted.

If you didn't torture yourself by being there for Vanguard's launch then you have no idea what a crappy launch really looks like.

Holy crap. I had like erased that from my memory banks and now its all coming back in waves of sadness and disapointment. Thanks alot..... ***

NEWS FLASH!!

E-mail can be sent and received from mobile devices and from almost anywhere in the world. Today, SW:TOR fans are relishing in the fact that they can go about their daily lives and be productive citizens of their respective nations. The need to sit in front of a computer and wait in a log-in queue are gone.

"I can be at work and find out if I received an invite into the early access? That's great news!" said one avid fan.

I do agree with everything that has been stated. I do feel that if they gave everyone early access it would be more efficient that way. If they just gave us time tables of when we could log in it would dissolve everyone's tension, this way you know when you sit. My brother offered up advice and said even though that is a good idea, they cannot make a promise and fall short, cuz we would be pissed off even more.

I said true, regardless, servers should be quite stable and they should know server caps by now, that was the entire point of stress testing those weekends.

So my point is based upon date and purchase lvl should be when you get your invite to early access. and as some one stated we are all adults and have working lives and family's. I highly doubt servers will be packed @ 12:00pm est even especially a week before the holidays

Bioware did not raise the 'adults' on these forums to act like spoiled children so I fail to see how it's their fault.

Its called managing expectations, predicting customer reactions and general competence in a marketing and PR department.

Of course they are to blame, its their game, their actions and their lack of communication.

You can be as pro-BW as you want, just dont let it blind you into automatically thinking peopel who disagree are not mature. They disagree and complain because they are excited about the game, but this kind of **** up on launch destroys that excitement before they either play. You can say that BW dont care because of number of subs, but believe me they do, esp wiht the 35% LA royalty raising the bar on sucess on this one.

I have been in multiple launches and this is by far the smoothest.

lol ofcourse it's the smoothest. They're like at 10% capacity right now. I have a feeling, purely for reputation (for EA, not Bioware), they're playing it enormously TOO safe just to say it was the smoothest launch ever.

Ofcourse it's going to go smooth when you poor a shot glass's worth into a milk jug.

Edited by Mackuss

I'm over it anymore I don't care early access ...what ever. If I get a invite before Dec. 19 great , if not doesn't matter will enjoy the game no matter what, will come up with a different character name if the one I had in beta is taken ...that's mmo's for you. I play solo, most of the time anyways , and SWTOR is set up for that better then most mmo's. SWTOR has alittle of everything for however you like to play pve, pvp, rpve .....Enjoy the game, forget the Hype , delete the early access emails ...and as EA says It's in the Game, now if I can just get in the game ...lol:rolleyes:

Its called managing expectations, predicting customer reactions and general competence in a marketing and PR department.

Of course they are to blame, its their game, their actions and their lack of communication.

You can be as pro-BW as you want, just dont let it blind you into automatically thinking peopel who disagree are not mature. They disagree and complain because they are excited about the game, but this kind of **** up on launch destroys that excitement before they either play. You can say that BW dont care because of number of subs, but believe me they do, esp wiht the 35% LA royalty raising the bar on sucess on this one.

Again with that word...

The servers are fine. Quit having a laugh at your community's expense and open them up. I know you need to throw the fanboys a bone, but enough is enough already.

I got hit with a clever bait and switch marketing gimmick. The "lol can't you read!? It said UP TO 7 days!! har har" fanboy excuse is tiring me.

If they indeed allow me the originally advertised 5 days I will be a happy camper. This means they need to get December preorders up tomorrow. If not, then I will definitely have a bad taste in my mouth for this developer for a LOOONG time to come.

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

I remember WoW. When they started they had such server stability problems.. SWToR doesn't seem to have that.

Don't even get me started on Vanguard.

I remember AoC. The combat wasn't fluid, they had huge lag problems, and it animations were bugged. SWToR doesn't seem to have that.

I remember WAR. It was borderline unplayable because of the lag issues and server crashes. Still seemingly good on SWToR.

Ahh, then we get to Aion, where those who pre-ordered got in (X) days ahead of schedule. It was awesome, everybody tried to log in, queue times were exceptionally high (3+ hours in some cases) and then the servers would crash constantly making everybody start all over again. Some people didn't get to play 3 days after the official release, much less their pre-order head start. Bioware has promised everybody at LEAST one day.

Then there's Star Trek, which had 0 endgame content, some of the ships missing, buggy ground combat, glitched quests and and lagged so hard that you couldn't even manouver around a space station at times.

Now, we get to SWToR. Everybody who has got in, is having 0 server side lag, as per my knowledge very few if any servers have crashed, quests are working fine, there's already some end game content, and, Bioware is making sure everybody gets in for a headstart (no matter how small).

This is quite probably one of the BEST MMo launches in HISTORY. You're mad because you personally haven't gotten in yet, but what would the point be if the game was unplayable anyway?

You'd be sitting here griping that you paid for a head start but the game is unplayable.

Honestly, you people saying "This is the worst MMo-launch ever" have to get your damn facts straight before opening your mouths.

Edited by Rumfro

What a joke post!!

Do you even remember how bad WoW launch was??

I can't be mad because I am in such a good mood :)

I got in 7 days early and have experienced no lag and I got out of the starting areas before the mad rush.

Thank you Bioware!!

Fail thread

This is my third launch of a MMO and I must say it is by far the worst that I have experienced. I do not like the mushroom treatment I feel we are being given. They should have given us some clue of when to expect to get invited rather then have us sit in limbo for seven days possibly. This is a terrible way to treat customers.

Thank you for the bump but unless you have some thing relevant to add to this discussion please refrain from posting in this thread.

This is an incredibly smooth launch, smoothest I have ever been involved in. BW is rewarding the most loyal customers that pre-ordered early, by giving them early access. If you did not or could not order early, well then that is on you and not BW.:D I am glad they are doing seven days early access and am grateful to be rewarded for ordering early.

The servers are fine. Quit having a laugh at your community's expense and open them up. I know you need to throw the fanboys a bone, but enough is enough already.

I got hit with a clever bait and switch marketing gimmick. The "lol can't you read!? It said UP TO 7 days!! har har" fanboy excuse is tiring me.

If they indeed allow me the originally advertised 5 days I will be a happy camper. This means they need to get December preorders up tomorrow. If not, then I will definitely have a bad taste in my mouth for this developer for a LOOONG time to come.

Nothing ever said up to 7 days. All the ads and posts, even now, say up to 5 days.

And it was stated that it would be a staggered ramp up.

Call people a fanboy all you like, it doesn't change the fact that they are proceeding exactly as they stated, exactly as was agreed upon by you pre-ordering the game.

20:30 ... the time that most people play and servers shouldbe well full ...

but 19 EU servers on normal capicity ... even de full, very heavy and heavy servers together are less then the normals ... smooth launch .... i bet it is for the ones who accualy playing ... no mob stealing no lag no population even for more then half ... servers .. (speaking for the EU part now only)

so why not let more people in already ....

Edited by Genesizs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.