Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

overwhelming proof of intentional FACTION imbalaning on some DEVS part .. imho ...

Part_Time_Hero

Pointing out that a secondary source also lists the abilities as energy so your gripe over TORHead was pointless in this discussion and shows that you commented before checking, which indicates you are trolling

All I'm doing is providing links for those that have been arguing about what abilities do what type of damage. I personally don't care either way

Ah my bad, thought you were claiming that inquisitors get an advantage over consulars because of damage type.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Herp

Derp

Troll thread is troll thread. Mentally challenged people that actually believe the retarded drivel spewed by the OP are just sad. Do minor (yes..minor) differences exist? Yes. But 3/4 of what the OP states is just false.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Herp

Derp

Troll thread is troll thread. Mentally challenged people that actually believe the retarded drivel spewed by the OP are just sad. Do minor (yes..minor) differences exist? Yes. But 3/4 of what the OP states is just false.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Oh, look! It's another sorc! Nothing to see here, move along... :D

yea the mortar volley delay is ridiculous i made a bh and dfa is amazing compared to to motar volley... noone has time to move out of the big red circle on the grund

You realize you can start moving once the last projectile (the 3rd, I believe) from mortar volley leaves your gun?

You don't actually HAVE to stand there the whole time, unlike a bh.

You realize you can start moving once the last projectile (the 3rd, I believe) from mortar volley leaves your gun?

You don't actually HAVE to stand there the whole time, unlike a bh.

big deal lol by the time i start to shoot 1 of the 3 shots noone is going to be there cause it takes 1.7 seconds to start shooting .... big blue circle = avoid

Edited by BambamKauri

yea ok that makes it ok.... my cast on mortar volley doesn't even start till 1.3 second left in the cast bro

I ain't your buddy, guy.

But you miss my point. Mortar volley is delayed on the front side, but you can start moving before it's technically done channeling. Can't really do that with DfA

I ain't your buddy, guy.

But you miss my point. Mortar volley is delayed on the front side, but you can start moving before it's technically done channeling. Can't really do that with DfA

i didnt call you buddy... pal... oh ok you get the delay on DFA and watch e veryone walk out of the circle you nubnub.. i get 2 shots off on whoever i put my DFA on i get none on my trooper

Edited by BambamKauri

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

despite the animation, the damage is calculated when the ability is used, not when the animation completes. if i was a gambling man, i would assume that the other similar issues with other mirrored abilities is the same. they way it looks is totally irrelevant to the way the damage is actually calculated.

Uh, no.

i didnt call you buddy... pal... oh ok you get the delay on DFA and watch e veryone walk out of the circle you nubnub.. i get 2 shots off on whoever i put my DBA on i get none on my trooper

They both have a 1.5 second channeling time, both have EXACTLY the same ease to avoid.

Edit: that is, pre first shot, 1.5 seconds.

Edited by Genesis_Shadow

its a 3 second channel... ok now when i use it, it sets a nice big HEY DONT STAND IN THIS! on the grund... got it ? now at 1.3 seconds LEFT IN the channel it fires the first round, meanwhile DFA fires 2 before anyone can move... why are you arguing over this

i didnt call you buddy... pal... oh ok you get the delay on DFA and watch e veryone walk out of the circle you nubnub.. i get 2 shots off on whoever i put my DFA on i get none on my trooper

Quite frankly, yes, there is a difference. But you shouldn't be trying to use this skill in a highly mobile fight. It's most useful for the cluster****s in the middle of Huttball, or around the turrets of Alderaan, doors of Void Star, etc..

A little forethought before using an ability goes a long way. I have an alt trooper and while it is annoying, I try not to use mortar unless I know people are going to be running around in that area for a bit.

Overwhelming proof of intentional flaming and retardation by op

see below.

(edited for one thing i got wrong that i misread ) so removing the one i got wrong

i stand by the rest

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY LAST STRAW ... i had overlooked or excused or hoped a fix was coming for the list below

but i guess this is my hair that breaks the camels back !!!!

The turret problems favoring empire are ridiculous

screw this game yall have fun ... im walking away until summer ill look back in and see if they cared enough to balance the faction and hopefully management holds some DEVS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS BLANTANT ABUSE of POWER IN DESIGNING THE FACTION THEY WANTED TO PLAY to have all sorts of SUBTLE ADVANTAGES!!!!! the EVIDENCE IN ITS ENTIREITY is OVERWHELMING when looked at from a distance other than one at a time

JUST SAD ...

and REALLY LEAVES A BAAADDDDDD TASTE in my mouth for a company I have LOVED FOR YEARS AND YEARS :(

so add it to the list of things that severely imbalance the so called "mirror" classes

things like the following:

1.) trooper mortar volley travel time verses BH death drom above instant!!!

2.) consular animation delays verses their counterpart instant !!!

3.) convert the trooper pool of energy to BH energy BH has 4% more -

same for another classes energy i forget which one

4.) IA can do dirty kick on the run without stopping while Smuggler has to stop perform action then move

5.) Ever wonder WHY it always seems empire starts with lead on alderaan warzone?

two turrets already pointing at republic ship and do not have to turn to begin firing not to mention the BIGGEST KICKER OF ALL .. the dumb DEVS ALLOW THE EMPIRE TO TICK QUICKER THAN THE REPUBLIC ... FILM IT FRAPS IT YOURSELF ... try and figure out how empire one caps and republic two caps and forst 5 secs empire ahead ... REALLY .. I MEAN REALLY!!!! W T F

6.) force way has animation that makes republic jump up then come down before it goes off

empires is instant ... very rough across the bridge in voidstar and in huttball

7.) empires knockbacks are farther

8.) instant lightening no travel time ... rocks have longer animation til impact

9.) IA gets gets 30 secs less on its cc grenade cooldown than smuggler

10.) electrocute ignores resolve bar and even dodge it gets through everything ... force stun DOES NOT!!!

11.) smuggler sabo charge requires again you guessed it longer period of time .. IA instant!!!!

12.) IA backstab instant - Smuggler has animation to pull out shotgun to deal with !!!!

14.) im tired of listing them someone else take ove

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR CLASS BALANCE JUST FACTION BALANCE AND TRUE MIRRORED CLASSES AND NOW FOR THE DEVS THAT IMHO INTIONALLY DESIGNED THESE ADVANTAGES INTO THE GAME TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE AND SOMEONE FROM UPPER MANAGEMENT PREFERABLE THE CEO TO PUBLICLY APOLIGIZE FOR ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN

any reasonable person that understands probability KNOWS beyond a shadow of a doubt there a far too many "oopies and overlooks " to be beniegn

THIS WAS INTENTIONAL WITH MALICE no other reason ALL THE ADVANTAGES GO TO EMPIRE !!!

have fun ill look in from time to time and see if they did anything about it

im going to take a break

if you are staying in this game and PvP you SHOULD DEMAND THE ABOVE BE FIXED and a REASON GIVEN as to way it was allowed in the first place and HOW SO MANY BETA TESTERS MISSED these GLARING ISSUES ... i guess they were just playing and not testing

/wave

ps im mad and didnt proof read and im not the faster i log out right now the better and put SWTOR BEHIND me for a long while and hope it gets fixed

I have to agreed to some of them . I kinda never notice this things because even if I am losing I keep fighting on the warzone (Republic side) and to be honest so far its been 50/50 win/lose ratio for me but I have to admit I was surprised at the Alderran turrets one.

Quite frankly, yes, there is a difference. But you shouldn't be trying to use this skill in a highly mobile fight. It's most useful for the cluster****s in the middle of Huttball, or around the turrets of Alderaan, doors of Void Star, etc..

A little forethought before using an ability goes a long way. I have an alt trooper and while it is annoying, I try not to use mortar unless I know people are going to be running around in that area for a bit.

well the point of it all is, i don't even have it on my bar because it it worthless

... /sign.

I agree things need to be looked as closer. I never noticed these things in beta as I never fully got to 50, and I only played as a commando. I always got wiped before then, and spent a good most of my time trying to level.

I know some of these are listed as bugs and some are just whining, and yet some are people fighting to keep their edge... But I do agree, and I think everyone here can “AGREE” these points and other brought up should be investigated by the devs and tested to see there validity

I have been 50 for a while and Pvp’n for a bit, with about half champ gear and there are some obvious differences in the PVP. And as far as the “you just suck” clause I keep hearing, or “you don’t know what you’re doing”, I think if you’ve acquired some champ gear and have a high enough valor then your good enough to say you don’t suck or you wouldn’t be wearing those items.

This thread needs to be noticed and reviewed, a response as from the devs of some kind would be nice.

My response in a WZ when people complain, fight harder and stop complaining, it will only make you better for when/if they fix things.

And Teamwork is a big issue that I think someone else had mentioned.

Electrocute does not ignore the resolve bar, there have been many times where I have used electrocute on a full resolve opponent and it has done nothing, i would say this is the case most of the time.

Its the resolve bar/system that is bugged, allowing people to be stunned with a full bar or not stunned with a non-full bar, its random and bugged.

Many of your other points are very valid though i am not sure it was done on purpose. Many times different teams work on different parts of a game and it is hard to catch things like this w/o millions of people scrutinizing it.

Edited by phluke

If i have misunderstood the purpose of this thread please correct me.

But if i iunderstand correct its about imperilas being overpowered?

I have always been someone who thinks one shouldnt complain, it might all just come down to the fact that you are angry because you lost.

But after trying out both wotld and battlefield PvP i have come to the conclusion they are overpowered.

Here is three major conditions that have pushed me in that directions.

1. It was only yesterday i won my first world pvp fight against the empire!

Usually i get ganked p by players at my lvl, this was a lvl 37........i am lvl 43!

I have never claimed myself to be a top smuggler on my server, but after fighting

imperial players below my lvl i find that i usually loose to players that are two or three lvls

Below me or more.

Many would say im a bad player, maybe i am....but this is not the only thing that has led

in this direction! Lets look at some more reasons.

2. These are statements from members of my guild that also have imperial characters.

"We have so much CC its ridiclous"

I am not sure what class he was on about but i know its a sith or a sith inquisator.

"i think the imperial classes are overpowered and thats the reason they win so much"

The same guy also said this:

"I am much more concerned when i am playing my republic characters, because i am

not so overpowered and there is much more imperials around to gank me"

3. When i first started doing warzones i got the impresion that the imperial players were

ganking us, i were right....in the first twenty warzones i did the republic won 2-3 of

them. I began to take notes, and from my last 30 warzones the imperial players have

won 24!

So it is these conditions together that has given the idea that the empire are overpowered.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.