Too many issues.. But the straw that broke the camels back..

Scan

<thinking>

Hmm - I am not all that clever, and to be honest, looks like most of the heads in this thread are at least a bit smarter than I am...so...

Expecting a polished game with the sheer volume of code in use is possible. In fact, in my small brain, I can even get wanting a quality product for your money. Hell, even I dont buy rotten potatos for two bucks per five pounds. But - what I dont get...

Doesnt it take more time to get that polish? So, I mean, if Bioware kept the game from launch for say....another two years, would that be better? You know, until they worked all of the bugs out, they had at least a three tiered end-game, full ui customization, each add-on that each player out of millions wanted, eight or more warzones, guild banks and benefits, a streamlined but somehow still challenging crafting system with perks, class balance, fresh emotes, and maybe some pie...I like pie.

Just wondering. Like I said, I aint all that bright. I admit I tend to be pretty unaware most times about all the real details. But would it have been better to wait the two years? Or would people have been screaming about how long the game is taking to release?

Mama said, "if you rush things - important things tend to get missed sweetie, so take time when you can." But then mama said, "yes dear, sometimes you gotta rush, and just try and make it work out on the other end."

I wonder which one this is...

<thinking>

-Lad

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly! If you want a game that's worth your money where developers actually seem to give a care about your gaming experience. Follow this guys advice.

Or if WOW isn't your ball of wax give Trion's Rift a try. Either of those games has developers who aren't nearly as shady as Bioware has been.

shady?

whats shady about it? we asked, they answered in less than a week how is that an unrealistic , shady practice?

srsly this new generation of lichking babies...don worry guys , soon the pandas and pokemons will be on wow and you can go back to blizzards lala land

Good news is Bethesda has won the lawsuit we should have a fallout mmo real soon, since they have been working on it for years........... It should happen rather quickly

bethesda doesn't want a fallout MMO, interplay was working on the MMO.

Besides, Bethesda making an MMO? Good luck getting past the loading screen

Bahaha you can leave too.

Already left the Titanic long ago buddy. Playing Rift again with loads of other people who after experiencing the sad pos that's SWTOR decided to give that game another shot.

That's how bad this game is, it's driving people back to games they gave up on months ago.

I understand that there are alot of people who are completely ok with paying 60+ bucks for a unfinished buggy as hell game. That's your thing, cool, but there is a problem, we will NEVER get quality programming as long as morons are more than happy to pay $60 and $15 a month just to continue a companies beta testing.

And it will be perfection!!! :rolleyes:

I guarantee it will suffer the MMO curse like all MMOs at launch.

Yeah, DjDigiD, have you ever played a Bethesda game? You know, the company you don't play their games until a year has passed, for them to iron out the horrific bugs? I shudder to think what sort of hilarious forum postings would occur from an MMO THEY made. xD

<thinking>

Hmm - I am not all that clever, and to be honest, looks like most of the heads in this thread are at least a bit smarter than I am...so...

Expecting a polished game with the sheer volume of code in use is possible. In fact, in my small brain, I can even get wanting a quality product for your money. Hell, even I dont buy rotten potatos for two bucks per five pounds. But - what I dont get...

Doesnt it take more time to get that polish? So, I mean, if Bioware kept the game from launch for say....another two years, would that be better? You know, until they worked all of the bugs out, they had at least a three tiered end-game, full ui customization, each add-on that each player out of millions wanted, eight or more warzones, guild banks and benefits, a streamlined but somehow still challenging crafting system with perks, class balance, fresh emotes, and maybe some pie...I like pie.

Just wondering. Like I said, I aint all that bright. I admit I tend to be pretty unaware most times about all the real details. But would it have been better to wait the two years? Or would people have been screaming about how long the game is taking to release?

Mama said, "if you rush things - important things tend to get missed sweetie, so take time when you can." But then mama said, "yes dear, sometimes you gotta rush, and just try and make it work out on the other end."

I wonder which one this is...

<thinking>

-Lad

then the stock holders board calls and says that their stocks are declining and if you dont start doing something to release that pie already , you will cover their losses...so you do what you can , and fix the rest with whiped cream and you do the best you can and fix it down the line when you have time and money to do so

its not unrealistic to know that games will have bugs and stuff, people claim rift, and yes it was pretty stable , but iwhat engine did they use? a pretty already established one , so give these guys a break and stop expecting everything to be fixed in the first month

this is what we got, now we have to polish it , or as you said, would you rather them give you back your money and have no game?

i dunno about you but i dont need sixty bucks RIGHT THIS VERY INSTANT, i can wait for a while , after all, its not the first time i waste sisxy bucks on a game that i mgith stop playing, i have a whole stack of ps2 and ps3 games that i paid sixty for, its not the end of the world people...

Good news is Bethesda has won the lawsuit we should have a fallout mmo real soon, since they have been working on it for years........... It should happen rather quickly

just what we need, another company with experience in single player RPGs but 0 experience with making MMOs

cant wait for that. /rolleyes

shady?

whats shady about it? we asked, they answered in less than a week how is that an unrealistic , shady practice?

What's shady? You don't think removing the medium setting on graphics and calling it High isn't shady? What exactly would you call that?

srsly this new generation of lichking babies...don worry guys , soon the pandas and pokemons will be on wow and you can go back to blizzards lala land

Enjoy your dating simulator, I hope your companion fulfills all the warmth and companionship that you lack from a real human being.

You expect a fully operational end-game system by the end of the first month?

You people make me laugh, go back to WoW.

No I think he expects a non-game-breaking experience from a title that has been in development longer than most modern MMO's are even played.

There were alot of things that we, the playerbase, were mislead on. There are many bugs, many issues. Sure, most of them are avoidable, or only marginally affect playability - but there are several issues that make many of us cringe. His example of raid-breaking is a good one - when you wait for an hour to organize and set up, then due to a tech issue all that time is lost, it can be really frustrating.

I understand and share your concern, OP.

My raid yesterday went something like this on vent...

"Oh thats cool my character is floating and I cannot use any abilities"

"Oh thats cool my GCD goes but the ability isnt actually going off"

"***!" (people randomly dying while buffing)

"***!" (people randomly falling through the world to there death)

"*** your invisible!"

"*** the mobs are invisible!"

And its just this for hours on end, I mean the raid bugs should be enough to put Biowares raid dev team on welfare. They arent good enough to program an iphone game let alone be working for a top 5 developer in the world! They should be going into work with there head held low and ashamed. To say they failed is the understatement of the year in gaming.

I was given SWTOR for Xmas and just wanted to say that since that day....

I have experienced ZERO crashes, ZERO bugs, ZERO waiting queue (On mind trick). Also and most importantly I am having a lot of fun.

Just wanted to throw that opinion out there to anybody reading who sees all these people who take small isolated problems they may have experienced one time and expand them into giant "Game killing" issues.

What's shady? You don't think removing the medium setting on graphics and calling it High isn't shady? What exactly would you call that?

Enjoy your dating simulator, I hope your companion fulfills all the warmth and companionship that you lack from a real human being.

No, its not.

Uh yeah, my wife plays the game as well, so eh....whatever and bye.

Wait, you don't? I expect a fully operational end game at release. This isn't 2004.

Yeah, since Skyrim didn't come out, have bugs, and get patched.. to break the main quest by integrating it into Steam. In 2011. Oops!

The idea of games releasing as bugless is funny because it so rarely happens, especially in all these random games people are touting through this thread. It DOES happen sometimes, but especially in PC releases where system specs are not controlled, you're going to have incompatability... and it happens frequently. It sucks, but that's reality.

No, its not.
Hahaha, right right. So labeling something that it's not, isn't deceptive? Do you actually understand the meaning of the word?

Uh yeah, my wife plays the game as well, so eh....whatever and bye.
I hope you and Vette are happy together.

Man, are you kidding me. That's great news since the Fallout franchise has always been my favorite single player game.

Like I said when I first heard about this game. This will be a fun single player MMO. I am playing the story lines and then quieting. I was going to do PvP but that is broken atm. Maybe if they fix the **** and add intensives to open world pvp I will stick around.

I can't wait!!! then maybe we wont have to deal with all the complaining and whining and threats to quit the game and actually have constructive posts that are helpful

Is this actually true. Do you have to have a Sub to post? Somehow I doubt much will change.

I was given SWTOR for Xmas and just wanted to say that since that day....

I have experienced ZERO crashes, ZERO bugs, ZERO waiting queue (On mind trick). Also and most importantly I am having a lot of fun.

Just wanted to throw that opinion out there to anybody reading who sees all these people who take small isolated problems they may have experienced one time and expand them into giant "Game killing" issues.

You've played all of one hour, right?

Kidding - on a serious note, it's very true that not all of these issues span across the board. There are some people with 2000 dollar systems that can't run this game well, because of lack of optimization, and there are some people with 400 buck systems that can run the game as easy as Minesweeper.

Point remains - there are MANY issues needing addressed, and I still hold that one could *almost* consider TOR to be the quality equivalent of a mmo in its late beta stages.

Relax. your Q will drop after the 20th or 21st

Your Q, and the QQing both will drop after the 20th or 21st.

That's when the children's free time runs out.

As if the complainers are actually taking the time to play or even contribute to the population.

They just come on here to rage because they feel entitled.

Is this actually true. Do you have to have a Sub to post? Somehow I doubt much will change.

Yes, yes you do.

Otherwise all you can do is read.

Edited by Fraxture

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.