2nd day of planned 4 waves, joking surely?

Lady_Femke

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another clueless person.

They are keeping things staggered to make sure the server stay stable and lag free and have time to bring on additional servers if the load is warranted.

Are they being overly cautious? YES.

Is that a good thing? YES

Why? Because it's better than letting everyone in and have crashing servers, roll backs, and massive downtime.

I did not insult you, so do not flame me, this isn't WoW or Eve-online. You get flagged in this game for rudeness as I have just flagged you.

As regards your statement how do you ensure working servers are staying lag free and stable when they are showing light (nearly, or empty) or standard population, as the servers were showing for hours this A.M.

Empty and near empty servers being monitored I suppose is good business practice.

Lolling and rolling here. This is priceless. :)

I almost feel sorry for people that believe Life should be fair. Life isn't, nor has ever been "fair", so why complain about it? Life sucks. Get a helmet. We do what we have to do, and we wait however long we have to wait.

Edited by Captain_Zone

We have every right to complain. EA/BW are sticking rigidly to a system that is far too cautious, as seen by the empty servers both in the US and EU this morning GMT time for hours.

If you are not flexible enough to adjust an operation like this then your business needs to start hiring better people. Not talking about the developers here, talking of the suits.

No, you do not have every right to complain. All you have is the ability and the right to free expression that allows you to complain. There is a big difference.

Put it this way: It would be entirely ridiculous to blame a company for failing to deliver on something that they never promised. That would be like blaming Panasonic because you didn't receive delivery of a French Horn. With that in mind, then, it is necessary to point out that BioWare has promised players that they will receive up to 5 days of early access. There were no stipulations governing the methods by which players are invited.

Got that? Good, we'll continue.

The fact that BioWare never made any promises other than "you will get early access" necessarily leads to the conclusion that the only situation in which people would be able to legitimately complain would be one where they had not received early access at all. It does not matter how you feel about the way invites are being done. Equally, the fact (and I use that term loosely) that you can provide a better method is irrelevant to your right to legitimately complain.

TL;DR: Just because you can assert something does not mean that you necessarily should and certainly does not mean that, by virtue of your ability to express it, it is correct.

I'd love to give BW "up to" 59.99.

You know what? You should have actually read up on what you were entitled to before you bought it if you feel cheated.

Your inability to inform yourself about the product that you were buying is not BioWare's concern.

Edited by Kagaroth

Lolling and rolling here. This is priceless. :)

I almost feel sorry for people that believe Life should be fair. Life isn't, nor has ever been "fair", so why complain about it? Life sucks. Get a helmet. We do what we have to do, and we wait however long we have to wait.

Yes you said you were busy ganking noobs in eve online didn't you. I would expect that attitude.

I did not insult you, so do not flame me, this isn't WoW or Eve-online. You get flagged in this game for rudeness as I have just flagged you.

As regards your statement how do you ensure working servers are staying lag free and stable when they are showing light (nearly, or empty) or standard population, as the servers were showing for hours this A.M.

Empty and near empty servers being monitored I suppose is good business practice.

He wasn't flaming you, if you'd bothered to read the whole thing. He was explaining the reasoning behind the delays. Clueless isn't an insult. It's just a statement of fact. -shrugs-

He wasn't flaming you, if you'd bothered to read the whole thing. He was explaining the reasoning behind the delays. Clueless isn't an insult. It's just a statement of fact. -shrugs-

No it wasnt a statement of fact it was a flame, and a direct insult, as you cant see that I won't bother to debate any further with you.

Edited by Lady_Femke

i can see the BW employees standing around the coffee machine as we all sit here on the forums:

"HAHAHA we got em again bro, they said if we send in 4 waves we can all play the rest of the day, I got to lvl 25 yesterday bra and saved 50 names, how about you?"

"Ya i got to 27 myself, this is the best job, we piss people off from not enough servers and get to level our toons all day, I got a bunch of names saved too. Figure I can sell em on ebay for some extra cash!"

"Ebay huh, good call, Well off to play some more, I bet those guys who paid to play are pissed they still cant get in. HAHAHAHHAHAH send out 3 waves tomorrow and read the flames. Gotta love this job!"

HIGH FIVES!

Flag away. I didn't flame you or use foul language or violate the forum rules or EULA.

Looks like that got to October 2nd today, which looks really good for tomorrow and getting the rest of us in. As they said they hope to have everyone playing by 5 days before launch. Looks like they are going to be doing that.

IF they do not have everyone in tomarrow they are in for big problems. You cant advartize 5 days early access then not grant it.

I DONT CARE WHAT THE SMALL PRINT SAYS... ANY LAWYER WOULD TELL YOU THEY HAVE NO CASE... YOU CANT MISLEAD PEOPLE WITH BIG BOLD PRINT THEN SAY ...oh you didnt look at the small print.

I beleive they will let all the remaining pre-orders in tomarrow. Theres no reason why they cant do it. They already gave favoritism to people for bieng uniffical pre-pre-orders which no other mmo company has ever been stupid enough to do.

I beleive they will let all the remaining pre-orders in tomarrow. Theres no reason why they cant do it. They already gave favoritism to people for bieng uniffical pre-pre-orders which no other mmo company has ever been stupid enough to do.

There's no reason to not bring up a few more servers and let them in now... prelaunch guild people that have guild mates already playing will go to those servers, most players without guilds and most non-prelaunch guilds will go to the ones with the best chance of not having a queue (the Light/Standard population servers).

IF they do not have everyone in tomarrow they are in for big problems. You cant advartize 5 days early access then not grant it.

I DONT CARE WHAT THE SMALL PRINT SAYS... ANY LAWYER WOULD TELL YOU THEY HAVE NO CASE... YOU CANT MISLEAD PEOPLE WITH BIG BOLD PRINT THEN SAY ...oh you didnt look at the small print.

The normal sized, clear print said "up to 5 days". Again, BioWare is not responsible for any inconveniences that you may encounter as a direct result of your failure to read what you were paying for.

If there are people complaining that server are half empty, maybe they should increase the wave numbers...

They still could do something like this. I saw something about a 5th wave yesterday in a yellow post.

But There are also two things to keep in mind. There are error's that can be found in light capacity server environments as well. Some can even be detected at that stage when they aren't a big deal that could be potentially disasterous once a server gets full and fixed before it is a problem.

The second thing to keep in mind is that we don't have nearly as many of the younger ones currently involved in the pre-order scenario so we may see lighter servers in the morning and heavy servers in the evening potentially through christmas.

Covering Bases is not a bad thing but they also did most of the waves so early this morning that they may be more flexible come afternoon if things go well.

How many times does this have to be explained. In big bold print it said UP TO, it's not Bioware's fault that people can't comprehend that Up To means that you can have as many as 5 days but that's not a guarantee that everyone will have that many.

It's like when stores say that they'll have discounts up to 50% off. That does not mean that every item will have 50% off. Some will have 20% some will have 30% a few will have 50% and some won't be discounted at all.