Social Points are too difficult to get

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously your the kind of people that raced through the game and did not group with others, because you wanted to be 50 as fast and before all the others as possbile. You are 100% at halfway Social Rank two by level 30 if you grouped throughout all quests and DID not do FP´s. Maybe should have grouped more, because then you didnt need to whine now. Everyone who has grouped and enjoyed then game is now laughing at you.

Oh I have done it with two toons now.. level 28 and almost at Social Rank two.

Ignoring that attitude, seems ideally players should be social 2 by 20. Currently the climb is simply too steep. Maybe if you group for all of your solo quests, but grouping for solo quests poses it's own problems, mostly in how easy it makes the game. Also how it pisses off everyone else around the area when you blow through the area with a group and kill everything in a matter of seconds.

Currently seems like the best way to do it is forming up groups for Esseles and Black Talon with the sole purpose of grinding social points. Roughly 150-200 points every run and if you skip the dialog it goes pretty quick. I think this will be how the majority go about it until it's tweaked.

The social levels do seem to spike up pretty rapidly. To go from needing 10 points for social-1 to 750 for social-2 is a HUGE gap. I've been leveling with my friend from 1st level with our two jedi, and at 21st level we're at about 900 social points (midway towards social-3).

For people who don't group non-stop, or want to grind BT/Ess non-stop, getting to social-3 and higher is a pretty huge hurdle.

The social levels do seem to spike up pretty rapidly. To go from needing 10 points for social-1 to 750 for social-2 is a HUGE gap.

The only reason that gap is so huge is because they wanted the first level to be easily doable for the "social point introduction" quest.

It's stupid that "Social Points" are only given out during conversations.

I did group up with lots of people doing the Heroic 2+/4+ quests but then split up after that when turning the quest in or when picking up the initial quests.

Why wouldnt i get any social points when I had grouped with people for those quests?

Why am i penalized just because the other people werent around when the quests was turned in?

Stupid design for a mostly-solo game.

The fact that i have to group up with somebody and run normal BT to get social points is starting to piss me off. I've done god knows how many hard modes and all those points have been in vein.

And there's nothing in the patch notes about a fix, or did i miss it ? Uhg.

Edited by LordRaevin

I did group up with lots of people doing the Heroic 2+/4+ quests but then split up after that when turning the quest in or when picking up the initial quests.

Why wouldnt i get any social points when I had grouped with people for those quests?

Why am i penalized just because the other people werent around when the quests was turned in?

Yea I hate when ppl just leave before returning the quest...

Seems that most ppl just want to grind and don't have time or patience with other ppl wich I think is ultra boring. I just love this game and enjoy every second of it, to bad that everyone else are in such a hurry, I'd love to find someone to play the game with...

Edited by Frollic

They do seem slow. I'm still only Social 1 at lv38 and have done every heoric and FP so far.

Some people are not patient enough though. I've encountered on a number of occasions people starting convos on their own and a group having 3 convos from the same NPC's when just waiting 5 extra seconds could result in a 4 person convo. If you are in a group, just wait a few seconds at least for the others to get there or holocall before you hit Start Conversation.

Hard modes don't give any light/dark or social points. They're bugged.

Damn that would explain ALOT.

Yesterday I did for example ALL of the hardmode flashpoints, with conversations etc. And when I checked after I logged out my social points I had gained 30, yes 30 points in total during the day.

So just to make this clear, everyone are having this issue? Not gaining social points in for example hard mode esseles runs etc? I was worried it was just me and my character was bugged somehow. Since support doesn't answer tickets I pretty much assumed I was screwed.

Got thinking it was perhaps because I spacebarspam so much or that me not having choosing a legacy name yet(can't deceide) was messing up my character with a bug of some sort.

For anyone else who is bugged and their social points aren't increasing, try submitting a bug ticket in-game. I had this problem too, was stuck somewhere in the middle of social 1 and submitted a bug ticket after seeing my social points go up by 4 after a couple HM fps. I got the standard automated response that it's a bug they know about and are looking into. But a few days later my social points suddenly jumped up by hundreds into social 2 and have been increasing normally since then. Maybe coincidence because I think it was right around the time of a patch.

Been playing with my brother since the beginning. We get all the quests together and finish them together. He is DPS and I am heals. So we never have to pick up a random group. We are currently Social Rank 3 about to hit Rank 4. We are currently Lvl 31. Sorry to see people struggle with this option. Edited by Demizzle

That is not how it works. If you were in group for conversations, the social points you get are saved. Even if the group breaks up for turn in, you get awarded the social points when you do so. Please find out how stuff works before whining.

I'm almost Social VI and I have run through most of the game with ONE friend, from level 10 to level 48 or something.

Crazy... A friend and I joined up on the later part of Tat, so we were mid 20s. We leveled all the way up to 50 together and I'm still not Social 3.

They really need to fix hard modes and look into points for ops / pvp.

I don't know why this is still bugged BW. However, the fact that hard modes mysteriously don't count for social or alignment points is getting old. I typically run at least one hard mode fp a day. Somehow, that doesn't count as a social activity. I run an ops a few times a week. Somehow, that doesn't count as a social activity. I run my warzones for the pvp daily; also not a social activity.

Fix your broken system BW. Doing quests together and non-hard fps are not the only social activities in your game.

ops should have social points attached, maybe the number of people in group * number of bosses killed.

hard modes should work for social points, no excuse for the fact that they don't, period

pvp warzones should have some social bonus attached, even just +8 per run. better than 0.

only effective way to grind social end-game is to run normal mode BT/Esseles over and over again in a group of 4, giving about 150-200 per 20-30 minutes

definitely not fun

Should get some social points when a heroic group quest has been completed in a group, not just when talking to the freaking quest-giver.

Agree with this 100% Lack of social points just because you didn't start the conversation doesn't mean you weren't "Social"

Ran all flashpoints to 50 and did heroic quests but social is still less than half Social Rank 1...

Some items require Social 3 or 5??

Social ranks are really too hard to achieve...

Have to continually run flashpoints??

If you have run even a single BT, you are higher than Social 1. Social 1 is ALL of 10 points. Unless you meant half way THROUGH Social 1 (Social 2 is 750 points)?

I have leveled to 44 (so far, on Belsavis now) in a group of 3. We have done 3 FPs total and even skipped much of Nar Shadaa and Tatooine (doing the Bonus series on Balmoria put us way over the level for most missions on those planets, so we simply did our class quests and moved on). I am less than 100 points from Social V.

Edited by Phaedrynn

Granted, the tech isn't there yet and it may never be the way I hope it will be.

I would think that if you random group a heroic, that should be considered social points.As an example, I logged Mando Rage Heroic on Nar Shaddaa.Got to the area and found 3 others grouped up.I asked if they were doing the same mission, replied w/ yes, group invite.We do the mission, say our thank yous, and disband to go dropbox the quest fullilment later. That, I would think happens more often than not and I would consider that being social points more so than a conversation involvement....like herding cats.

Social points are a half-baked idea to begin with. They're awarded solely from conversation rolls, and there are only so many unless you spam run esseles.

I ran half of Belsavis, most of Voss, and several miscellaneous quests with a partner. I ran every Flashpoint at least twice up to 50, and I've done about 5 esseles hard mode runs.

I'm not even rank 2. These points need to be gained in other fashions than convo rolls.

Why is that on the first page? I ran tython and coruscant and was already over rank 2 with a partner.