Social Points are too difficult to get

For some reason most group content (FP/Heroics) seem to have just debriefings instead of conversations.. pretty disappointing/boring to me, and also making social points hard to get. Guess BW tried to avoid drama with 'zomg skip skip skip' ADD kids, and shot itself in the foot. You get way more social points by running solo content with a friend than running all heroics fully grouped altogether.

So yeah it is out of whack

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, you're bugged, like a whole lot of people. I'm also at lvl 50 and Social 1, gaining social points doesn't increase the meter at all, and hasn't since about level 15. There's a couple hundred post long thread about people affected by this in the Customer Service section of forums, and the devs have posted in it saying they're aware of the problem and investigating, but as of now we have no option but to wait. I really hope when they resolve the problem, they give all the bugged characters all the social points they missed out on.

I've been leveling with my girlfriend (and sometimes my best friend with us) entirely from level 10 to level 45 (where I am now) and I'm social 4, nearing social 5. I've bought one thing with the social points, and that was at social 2. Although, I kind of want that speeder from Social 6...

im thinking there must be a bug or something then, cos i have levelled with my partner from 1 to 41 (level im at now) and im only half way thru social 2

we have done all quests together, and all flashpoints on route to this level together or in guild group, will check with them what level their social is on when they wake up, but either they are winning the majority of the rolls and ive not noticed or my social level is bugged, i never really looked at it till i read this and tbh i am kinda dissappointed that its so low after so many levels

im thinking there must be a bug or something then, cos i have levelled with my partner from 1 to 41 (level im at now) and im only half way thru social 2

we have done all quests together, and all flashpoints on route to this level together or in guild group, will check with them what level their social is on when they wake up, but either they are winning the majority of the rolls and ive not noticed or my social level is bugged, i never really looked at it till i read this and tbh i am kinda dissappointed that its so low after so many levels

You should be at least social 4 by now if you were with your partner the whole way.

Im social 4 and level 43. Every dialog sequence that we could do together, we did. Both of us at social 4 now

You should be at least social 4 by now if you were with your partner the whole way.

Im social 4 and level 43. Every dialog sequence that we could do together, we did. Both of us at social 4 now

ive just relogged to see if it was still showing the same and checked my lvl 26 sorc at the same time, the lvl 26 is social 3 and yet my lvl 41 bh is still only just over halfway thru social 2, im gonna ticket this cos this cant be right :(

I just find it odd that outside of the first flashpoint, all the following ones have almost no conversations to even earn social points. It's great that some people can earn them by playing the entire game with other people on quests that can be done solo, but you'd think that group content would actually provide the group related rewards built into the game.

Perhaps they can just allow characters to earn social points for other things than just conversation choices. Completing a flashpoint w/ a group for instance could give 50 social points. Downing a boss (champion) 10 pts. Etc.

Perhaps they can just allow characters to earn social points for other things than just conversation choices. Completing a flashpoint w/ a group for instance could give 50 social points. Downing a boss (champion) 10 pts. Etc.

Definitely agree that there needs to be more ways to earn social points. Complete a flashpoint in a group, win a warzone as a group, kill a raid boss, etc.

Have you ever looked at the end of the FP when you have the SAME EXACT SOCIAL POINTS as when you started?

Yah. I'm not sure how people haven't noticed levelling up that social/alignment/companion points aren't gained until you hand in the quest which the dialog you got them was part of.

There just seems to be a bug (intended? I hope not) where Hardmode flashpoints don't give credit for social/alignment points when you complete their quest.

I agree completely with the OP. I only got 300 something social points myself and I have ran every flashpoint at least once. I also did about 3/4 of every 4man quest. Granted I could have alittle better score had I thought about gaining points earlier as I leveled but I doubt it would have hit next rank.

What I did was always after a flashpoint pick up the quest from the questgiver again(which meant next run I would miss the points when group picked up quest). Also my groups oftened disbanded right after the instance and we turned in quests by ourselves. Most of the daily 4man quests also don't give any conversation opportunity when you turn them in.

What happens is you quest by yourself and run into them, get them in your log and you then proceed to ask in chat for a group. Doesn't matter how many you run you will never get social points from it basically.

Social points wouldn't bother me as much if they where called say "conversations points". As it is now it feels like people would inspect me and then conclude I never had played with other people which is completely false. I just didn't see any need of grouping for solo quests as I leveled.

Well, if you want to farm social points, you could offer to pull low levels through esseles/BT over and over, get a full group, the more people, the more social points are awarded.

I do not see the advantage of it though, since most social point things are more or less vanity and hardly useful at all. At least to my knowledge. Alright, the mount might be useful to a degree, but beside that I have not seen anything that would peek my interest above "Oh that looks nice, too bad I can't mod that piece to be equal to my current equipment."

Well, if you want to farm social points, you could offer to pull low levels through esseles/BT over and over, get a full group, the more people, the more social points are awarded.

I do not see the advantage of it though, since most social point things are more or less vanity and hardly useful at all. At least to my knowledge. Alright, the mount might be useful to a degree, but beside that I have not seen anything that would peek my interest above "Oh that looks nice, too bad I can't mod that piece to be equal to my current equipment."

Not having access to certain vanity items doesn't matter that much to me. My biggest gripe is simply being "branded antisocial" by having a low score if someone inspect me. Like I wrote I have played alot with other people but since it was all 4man quests and flashpoints it gives no points at all.

Interesting you say by the way that it gives better score to run Esseles in a full group. I would have thought if I ever choose to grind my score up just inviting one guy would be best since I would win the conversation roll often.

Interesting you say by the way that it gives better score to run Esseles in a full group. I would have thought if I ever choose to grind my score up just inviting one guy would be best since I would win the conversation roll often.

If your in a group with 2 players and lose a conversation roll you get 2 social points, if you win the roll you 4 points.

In a 4 player group you get 4 points for losing the roll, and 8 points for winning. Therefore more human player is more social points.

If your in a group with 2 players and lose a conversation roll you get 2 social points, if you win the roll you 4 points.

In a 4 player group you get 4 points for losing the roll, and 8 points for winning. Therefore more human player is more social points.

Alright, thanks for the clarification. Good to know.

On another note, what I would have liked to see would have been social points given out after you kill all bosses in a flashpoint or complete a 4man quest while in a group. Social points not only limited to conversations in other words. It would have made sense I think.

Edited by Eivon

Social points are a half-baked idea to begin with. They're awarded solely from conversation rolls, and there are only so many unless you spam run esseles.

I ran half of Belsavis, most of Voss, and several miscellaneous quests with a partner. I ran every Flashpoint at least twice up to 50, and I've done about 5 esseles hard mode runs.

I'm not even rank 2. These points need to be gained in other fashions than convo rolls.

I am Rank 3 at 33rd level and that's with just running black talon once and playing with 1 friend. Key is doing alot of quests.

For some reason most group content (FP/Heroics) seem to have just debriefings instead of conversations.. pretty disappointing/boring to me, and also making social points hard to get. Guess BW tried to avoid drama with 'zomg skip skip skip' ADD kids, and shot itself in the foot. You get way more social points by running solo content with a friend than running all heroics fully grouped altogether.

So yeah it is out of whack

It's just right imo... it's called SOCIAL points for a reason. People want to power level through content then at 50th level power through daily dungeons to get social points too? However 50s should be getting social points for flashpoints or anything as long as they talk to NPCs. But not enough that gaining social points becomes trivial which in turn makes grouping pre-50 not desirable. Basically making idea of a social point system useless as you don't need to group til 50 then just grind out social points.

Edited by stineo