EA/Bioware the new SOE?

buckingmonkey

This is not FREE game time. We payed 5 bucks to play earlier. That being said, we paid for up to 5 days and today is the 6th day.

Be patient and if Bioware do not deliver just cancel your preorder.

No, you put $5 down to pre-order the game and I'm pretty sure that $5 will count as part of the total cost as well (though I could be wrong on that)

But yes, cancel your pre-order, feel free. Hurt yourself

See you on the 20th

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not FREE game time. We payed 5 bucks to play earlier. That being said, we paid for up to 5 days and today is the 6th day.

Be patient and if Bioware do not deliver just cancel your preorder.

Actually no you didn't pay for pre-access. If you bought the game from Origin store like many of us, you initially paid $5 dollars, of the total cost of the game, to RESERVE your copy of the game come official start day (20th). This 5$ dollars was not a pre-access charge. Pre-access was an additional 'gift' from the devs for pre-orders. Then come the 19th, they will charge you for the remainder of the price, minus the 5 dollars you already paid to reserve your copy of the game, and you will be sent you game key to register for the actual game.

I understood this from the very start when I pre-ordered. Not sure why people are finding this concept so hard to understand.

Edited by Rabbiddog

game will be dead in 4-6 months

mark my words

Then why'd you preorder. So you could post on the forums. I had assumed that as of Dec 13, most of the naysayers would be gone. I guess some of you preordered.

Your claims don't carry much weight.

I don't know if EA/Bioware is the new SOE, i don't think anyone can top SOE when it comes to be more arrogant towards and belitttle their customers.

But one thing is sure EA/Bioware is working hard to top them and the Verant force is strong in this new coalition.

I have not touched any SOE products since 2006, and allready starting to feel ordering this game was a mistake.

As so many have stated in theese forums before, maybe it's time to evaluate this before it goes out of hand.

Maybe its time to take the beta experience together with the pre launch experience and finish up the reviews so they are ready before the 20th.

game is aparently a good one, customer service is non existant, and remind me very much about SOE in mentality and behaviour. TOR will not be the first Big title that flop due to bad communication, but since Bioware now is practically inside EA it will be their last MMO if it does, most likely Mass effect/dragon age will be the last Bioware titles we will ever see.

Besides a couple days is nothing in the lifespan of an MMO.

Exactly! I wanted to try the beta before i pre-ordered and i did on the last Beta weekend and i got super hooked on the game! My pre-order is the first of december so i'm not even expecting any pre-access and what is a couple of days worth? Getting to highest level and then what? It's not like you are done with the game in a matter of days, give it time people.

And some dude said something about how stupid this was and that the servers would crash at the 20th etc, if they are making sure that the servers is up to date with the waves and when everyone is playing at the 19th im almost 100% positive that the servers will be able to handle it. Not only that but they have even said that more servers will come up as we get closer to the 20th.

God i find it so funny to sit here and read all the whiners post about how the game will die and how bad Bioware are etc. You guys have obviously never been joining in on a big release or a pre-order before...

And haters, don't even bother to reply to me because i won't care what you say!

I can understand that some people think that the staggered access is not a good way to make the EGA (not my case, but we can have different opinions). I can understand that people would want BW to make the access a bit faster than they are actually doing it. I can understand that people would want to know when they are going to be given access to the game.

What I can´t understand, at all, is how people can complain about the staggered access as if it was taken out of the blue, when it was known for a very long time that it was going to be this way! I mean, you may not like it, but if you pre-ordered then you agreed to it. And if you didn´t know about it, it´s because you didn´t do enough research about it, you didn´t get scammed!

If someone can explain to me why I´m mistaken if I think this way, I´ll change my mind, but after reading A LOT of posts complaining about this, I still don´t see it...

Everything has happened as Bioware said it would, it said that early access was based on date pre-ordered, that has happened. I knew full well it was highly unlikely I would get in on the first two days and I haven't.

Just because people let their imagination run with them when they seen the email is not BW's fault, it was there, clear black and white what would happen, why people decided to take that any other way is beyond me.

people dont ever forget it is a nail in the coffin effect there are only so many nails a mmo gets befor its to the grave with it and launch day is a major nail and bioware pretty much framed there coffin

they can never go back and say wh had a majority of our customers happy at launch cause even on the 20th people are going to be pissed they were shorted a week of game play that a special few got and will flaunt

No. EA/BioWare is not the new SoE; that company's customer support was utterly terrible and they acted as if their community didn't exist.

The EGA is a pre-order bonus but it does not automatically entitle you to the entire 7 days. BioWare has always made that very clear. This staggered release is their way of ensuring that servers remain stable and it has been successful in that respect. It is ridiculous for people to claim that doing it by using X method instead of the current solution is better as nobody other than BioWare can see the detailed information as regards server stability so any alternative solutions are necessarily asserted without evidence.

Besides, BioWare has already taken into account the wishes of the community during development. That fact alone puts them way, way ahead of SoE in all respects.

P.S. Just to make it abundantly clear, your preorder entitles you to up to 5 days. If you get in 10 minutes before the official release, you've been provided with the product that your pre-order entitled you to.

Edited by Kagaroth

Maybe if you all had more faith in the game and pre-ordered the first day we wouldn't see all of this QQ. Besides a couple days is nothing in the lifespan of an MMO.

Tell me clever one.

How would they hadle it if every single preorder was placed at the 21st of july?

what Bioware is doing in no difference from if they had stated.

Collectors edition will get in 7 days ahead of time.

Digital deluxe edition will get 5 days.

everyone else will get 1 day.

you would have the same noise on the forums then as you have now.

In Short Bioware is playing favorites and they will keep playing favorites in the future.

People that ordered the first day will get an extra warning before they get banned.

orders placed after the 20th of december will get no warnings at all.

Playing favorites are bad no matter what way you turn it around.

"Yes yes normally he would have been banned, but he ordered his preorder the first day AND he have a collectors edition, so we have decided to overlook this incident and let him keep his experience and items, but he have been warned not to do it again, but rest asure rest of the exploiters have been banned characters wiped fromt he system and all items gained from this activity is removed from the game"

Can of worms Bioware have opened, hope they are strong enough to face the music they invited in the press.

People will have forgotten about the "waves" in about a week.

I'll place bets that they won't.

I'll place another on "up to" being meme'd.

I'll then place another on "up to" being used on any forum about any Bioware game they develop after this.

People should learn to read so they know what they're getting into, rather than complain about being treated unfairly. I only ordered on the 8th of December and never expected to be given early access right at the start. Bioware are doing a good job. Stop complaining

*sigh*

I'll say this again for the benefit of those at the back of the class...

We all knew what was going to happen, and a lot of us said then it was a crap idea.

Knowing and liking are 2 different things.

Edited by Gomla

People seem to forget how truly horrific WoW was at launch. Do you really think you would even enjoy early access with everyone entering at the same time, lets think about this. If everyone were to join at the same time there would be massive lag you wouldnt be able quest at all b/c there would be way too many ppl oh and the servers would probly crash. Those of you who have never played an MMO at launch srsly need to get a grip. Personally i will enjoy the quality of my early acces rather than quantity.

Do you really think you would even enjoy early access with everyone entering at the same time, lets think about this. If everyone were to join at the same time there would be massive lag you wouldnt be able quest at all b/c there would be way too many ppl oh and the servers would probly crash.

And that is exactly what is going to happen on the 20th.

This "it helps stability" crap needs to stop. It helps nothing.

Dear everyone,

I am not in yet. I don't mind, because I didn't preorder the first day I could, because I was more worried about the potential for buyers remorse around the time I'd be moving and not wanting to waste money than I was about day 1 access to a game I wasn't sure I'd love.

Most of my friends are already in the game. I'm not. This is perfectly ok. They never said early access would be to let you in personally on day one regardless of preorder date. It's always been advertised as first come, first served. You'll be in eventually.

See you at launch.

Love, JingleHell

I haven't had anything to do with SOE in at least 8 years and counting

Treating the VAST majority of your customers like this..... Not wise at all.

Why are you doing this, who was it that thought this was a good idea?

That is all I have to say on this fiasco

I hate seeing Bioware continue to fall like this I loved this company :(

I'm not going to blame Bioware at all. I'm not a huge fan of EA really but in the end they are doing what they think is best and I can't fault them for that. As others have mentioned, and I'll parrot it here, in a month nobody is going to give a **** about how early access went. We'll all be happily playing the game. Everyone needs to chill the **** out.

Is this the future, and would people accept it?

Guarnties.

The game will stay online for UP TO 24 hours a day. UP TO 7 days a week and UP to 12 months a year.

For this you only have to pay a monthly fee and watch your email for when we send out invites for your current alloted game time each day.

In times of heavy traffic we opt for the option to trickle in people to avoid server problems and to partly or fully disable all accounts for UP TO 31 days a month and UP TO 6 Months a year.

We highly reccomend our 6 month subscription as those will get first access to our servers after any downtime.

Edited by Wubanos

I haven't had anything to do with SOE in at least 8 years and counting

Treating the VAST majority of your customers like this..... Not wise at all.

Why are you doing this, who was it that thought this was a good idea?

That is all I have to say on this fiasco

I hate seeing Bioware continue to fall like this I loved this company :(

I think this has gone beyond SOE. At least SOE can blame hackers for some of their problems. Bioware is doing just about everything possible it seems to cause their own problems just fine without any outside help at all.