Addon request: Identify players wasting my time by not hitting spacebar

Gashers

This is a plea to addon authors. When this game enables support for addons, someone please make one that identifies players who fail by not skipping group conversations with spacebar. This way I can quickly boot them from my group and try to find more efficient players to group with. When I spam my LFM, I already add "no cutscenes" but people still refuse to hit the spacebar sometimes.

Edit: I think, for now, this issue has been resolved for me thanks to a helpful post by Zannis. I will be now be able to easily determine which player is being uncooperative and remove them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zannis

If people actually looked at the rolls being made on character portraits during a grouped cutscene, they would realize there is already a means to figure out who's watching them in game already.

There will be dots while someone is watching the movie, and a dash when they're done and waiting.

Thank you for this helpful info. I had no idea you could determine this from the group portraits. My groups should run a lot smoother now that I can replace players who don't follow my politely stated rules.

Edited by Gashers

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a plea to addon authors. When this game enables support for addons, someone please make one that identifies players who fail by not skipping group conversations with spacebar. This way I can quickly boot them from my group and try to find more efficient players to group with. When I spam my LFM, I already add "no cutscenes" but people still refuse to hit the spacebar sometimes.

You seem to have quite a problem, but maybe it's not them.... Brace for it.... It's you! Not everyone grinds these flashpoints. Suprisingly some people have never done them before and actually want to hear what they are paying for.

If you get into a PUG, let your team know your intentions to skip the plot entirely in favor of making a cred and equipment grab so they can boot you before you ruin their experience.

Make sense? Probably not, but think about it.

Or what? You cant force me, just like i cant force you do do anything, you wanna play your way, i wanna play my way.

I'm not trying to force anyone. This tool would just give me a way to find players with my same playstyle and allow me to avoid those other types. Nothing against people who care about the story, I just don't care to play with them.

The number 1 thing about this MMO is that its story driven. You are lucky that there is even a way to skip the cut scenes. Bioware spent alot of money developing the cut scenes. They will probably never expose a way for you to find out who is skipping them so you can boot them.

At first was going call you a complete.......

But then at the bottom you stated you ask for no cut scenes.

I have yet to see anyone state this while putting up a group but if I ever do I will make sure not to join it.

Please make an add-on to identify asscreeps and worms who are dictating everyone their own playstyle. Go single-player and hit spacebar all you want.

Why is this the typical player that you run into while questing? Does everyone have ADD?

A guy invited me to a group last night as i was about to kill a quest objective. I accepted so that he could get credit for the kill too. We ended up going to fight the other 4 objectives on the same quest. He ends up running like a mad man to every spot like he has 30 seconds to complete the entire quest or he fails.

I don't understand these kids today. I guess i'm just old. :)

I'm not trying to force anyone. This tool would just give me a way to find players with my same playstyle and allow me to avoid those other types. Nothing against people who care about the story, I just don't care to play with them.

Maybe with this addon you are requesting you can do the mature thing and leave the group rather than be looking for who to kick from the group if it is not to your liking.

At first was going call you a complete.......

But then at the bottom you stated you ask for no cut scenes.

I have yet to see anyone state this while putting up a group but if I ever do I will make sure not to join it.

That is fine and I APPRECIATE the fact that you would not join when I put in the "no cutscene" disclaimer. I am glad a player like you who likes the story is a part of the community, I just prefer not to play together. No hate, no animosity, just don't want to group with you - that's all. An addon like this would improve player experiences by bringing like-minded players closer together.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.