So Bioware, how does it feel?

Stejo

agreed. it's not about impatience for me, it's the manner in which it's been done. I'm very happy they decided to be nice and let people in 2 days earlier, but the manner in which it's being done it quite cruel. 5 waves yesterday (the 5th "bonus" an attempt to keep a revolt from occurring) only stopping at around 2:30 or so CST (3:30 EST).... what kind of work ethic is that? I'm just completely shocked by it all and had assumed they worked 9-5 jobs at least, and that in this business, they'd be having a 24/7 staff for their "Big Launch"....

I don't know who's running the show there, but yesterday must've taught them something if they're letting in "bigger" waves (then again, hard to corroborate that without statistical evidence). Alas, we all play the waiting game (except those who would troll for the purpose of seeing people cry). Honestly BW, you should temp ban people who come on here bragging about getting in and being already lvl 19, or what have you, for that will lead to some serious problems within the community forums (and they're definitely violating your guidelines for the forums). Start Moderating.

QFT, it's the lack of info thats the killer here, makes people sad in the pants :(

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in my opinion I'd love to get into SWTOR as soon as possible, though I don't mind at all waiting. I'll have it regardless by Monday and next week I'll have about four to five days off of work to be able to sit and play lol Edited by Harayuki

Yeah, sticking to the plan, rather than taking a massive risk and risking server failure, is such a bad idea.

I mean, the people that can play most certainly wouldn't be upset that the servers crashed due to that.

If you played at all during the Beta tests, they were stress testing it plenty.... they should know by now the acceptable algorithms....

Fact: The majority of the preorders have not been given access yet

Fact: The forum is choke full of complaints about the speed of giving access

Fact: A good portion of the players who preordered are pissed off

Fact: No roadplan announced on when are the last ones expected to get in

Joke: The EGA is progressing smoothly

A launch fails when the players can't play the game. Doesn't matter if they can't play because there's not enough servers, the servers crashed or they're not opening them up. All that matters is the bottom line.

Failing because of unforeseen circumstances is one thing. Here we're talking about premeditated failure, that's a whole new level of fail.

If you played at all during the Beta tests, they were stress testing it plenty.... they should know by now the acceptable algorithms....

Yes, and their goal is a smooth, seamless launch. They're making conservative estimates, and things are working well (in game).

The point is, no reason to change the plan. That puts things off balance. And being off balance is when you fail.

Seeing your forums like that? 2nd day of your early launch and not a single thread talking about the actual game? Just countless pissed off players making thousands upon thousands of posts complaining about your EGA system?

Somewhere in the back of your head the notion that it might have been a bad idea all along started to form yet or are you THAT thick?

So the millions of us who are NOT complaining count less in your book then your tally, is that how it works?

A launch fails when the players can't play the game. Doesn't matter if they can't play because there's not enough servers, the servers crashed or they're not opening them up. All that matters is the bottom line.

Failing because of unforeseen circumstances is one thing. Here we're talking about premeditated failure, that's a whole new level of fail.

/signed

"A launch fails when the players can't play the game. Doesn't matter if they can't play because there's not enough servers, the servers crashed or they're not opening them up. All that matters is the bottom line."

A lil info might help here this is early access not the launch, launch is the 20th. Please tell us exactly how many of us are pissed about this and just how few are actually getting in game?

haha exactly.....I just got my email for the first wave today but I am at WORK earning a LIVING. Passing the time trolling the forums a bit and laughing at all the whiners.:D

Is this dude for real? He's at work earning a LIVING, surfing the interwebs and trolling the forums instead of doing whatever his employer is paying him for. Oh the humanity :D

1. True

2. True

3. Really? You have actual hard numbers about this and not just vocal forum members (propably a minority at that)? I know that i'm not pissed off as everything is going the way they said it would. :p

4. I think the last ones were to get in 19:th of december. With the 2 day headstart it might have been moved.

5. Has there been problems with the actual EGA? All i see is forum rage but it seems the EGA itself is going smoothly.

"A launch fails when the players can't play the game. Doesn't matter if they can't play because there's not enough servers, the servers crashed or they're not opening them up. All that matters is the bottom line."

A lil info might help here this is early access not the launch, launch is the 20th. Please tell us exactly how many of us are pissed about this and just how few are actually getting in game?

Sure thing. Going by the known numbers, yesterday about 10% of the preorders got in. So 90% weren't in as of an hour ago. Those 90% are about 2 million ppl give or take? If 25% are unhappy while the other 75% is completely happy and on valium, you got about half a million pissed off players. Acceptable loss?

1. True

2. True

3. Really? You have actual hard numbers about this and not just vocal forum members (propably a minority at that)? I know that i'm not pissed off as everything is going the way they said it would. :p

4. I think the last ones were to get in 19:th of december. With the 2 day headstart it might have been moved.

5. Has there been problems with the actual EGA? All i see is forum rage but it seems the EGA itself is going smoothly.

not going smoothly for me. I am still level 0 and angry at Bioware. When I do finally get in i expect it to continue the smoothness past launch or else this whole EGA was a failure.

It's not even to the actual head-start date yet and you people are whining like 12-year old girls. Pull up your man panties and go outside, talk to a girl, eat a pretzel, it's just a video game.e.

My 12 year daughter is incapable of whining as well as these so called young men. 12 year old girls have now been made redundant when it comes to prize whining. :D

Seeing your forums like that? 2nd day of your early launch and not a single thread talking about the actual game? Just countless pissed off players making thousands upon thousands of posts complaining about your EGA system?

Somewhere in the back of your head the notion that it might have been a bad idea all along started to form yet or are you THAT thick?

I'm pretty sure they're too busy stacking their gold bars to worry about your silly argument.

I'm sure they now think that it was a horrible idea to launch the forums before everybody had been granted access.