Will we get a substantial update by Jan 19th?

Chiricahua

I've got enough game time through the 18th I think. I canceled my sub about 1 week ago. I'm hoping for the addition of at least brackets for pvp. I'd like to see bug, hack, and exploit fixes also. And, maybe fix the pvp in Illum and Outlaw's Den that the high level pvpers have been complaining about.

I'm really not prepared to commit long term to this game if it doesn't fix the deficiencies. I'm sure there are some OP classes, but I'd like Bioware to defer making any nerfs until the number crunching is complete.

Edited by Chiricahua

I've got enough game time through the 18th I think. I canceled my sub about 1 week ago. I'm hoping for the additon of at least brackets for pvp. I'd like to see bug, hack, and exploit fixes also. And, maybe fix the pvp in Illum and Outlaw's Den that the high level pvpers have been complaining about.

I'm really not prepared to commit long term to this game if it doesn't fix the deficiencies. I'm sure there are some OP classes, but I'd like Bioware to defer making any nerfs until the number crunching is complete.

I want everything and I want it now!

Call JG wentworth! 877-rightnow!

They are working on it, sorry you are leaving (why should I care?) but I will be staying.

They are working on it, sorry you are leaving (why should I care?) but I will be staying.

How is wanting a bare bones brackets for pvp everything? Level 50's and everyone else. I said brackets at the very least. I'd like more sure, but I'd settle for just this. I'm not asking for the world you know.

Edited by Chiricahua

I've got enough game time through the 18th I think. I canceled my sub about 1 week ago. I'm hoping for the addition of at least brackets for pvp. I'd like to see bug, hack, and exploit fixes also. And, maybe fix the pvp in Illum and Outlaw's Den that the high level pvpers have been complaining about.

Doubtful. It would be a more intelligent idea to put out patch notes of future content before the end of the first month in an attempt to convince more players to renew their subs. The patch then goes live just after the renewal date.

Edited by Mandrax

How is wanting a bare bones brackets for pvp everything? Level 50's and everyone else. I said brackets at the very least. I'd like more sure, but I'd settle for just this. I'm not asking for the world you know.

They are working on getting brackets out, and from what I understand some new content as well.

Because people leaving means less money for future development of expansions, new content etc. So yes, you should care as it affects all of us who intend to stay playing.

Because people leaving means less money for future development of expansions, new content etc. So yes, you should care as it affects all of us who intend to stay playing.

1 person?

100 people?

500K people?

1 million people could leave and we would still have 1 million subs. According to the numbers TOR has sold over 2 million copies.

The op seems to be leaving because bioware can't please him or her fast enough. The very things the OP wants Bioware already stated they are working on.

I'd be amazed if they didn't at least take a shot at retaining those who have unsubbed with some substantial patching before then. I'd mostly expect more bug fixes and performance improvements. I hadn't heard much in the way of them changing how PvP is done coming down the pipe short term though. I'd give an outside chance to seeing some itemization fixes and new content they had scheduled to roll-out after release roughly at this time.

Nope. A multi-million dollar company is not going to do what it's community demands. Not fix bugs and stuff. Come on silly, why would they do that?!

I'm hoping for the addition of at least brackets for pvp. I'd like to see bug, hack, and exploit fixes also. And, maybe fix the pvp in Illum and Outlaw's Den that the high level pvpers have been complaining about.

So Sick of people wanting everything right now, didn't you say in another post you wasn't asking for everything just PvP brackets? Read your quote then, seems like you want Bioware to give you more and more.

Why can people NOT understand that stuff takes time to fix, and yes they have to think long term so I wouldn't be surprised :eek: if major bug fixes and content were added after the first round of monthly payments come in.

People wanting basic mmo features, yeah thats to much to ask for =)

Remind me just how long it took for WoW to get a PVP rating system, and after that how long it took them to bring out Battle Grounds? Arenas?

You cannot compare a 1 month game which took 4 years to develop to a game which took 5 years to develop and it has 7+ years of content and other updates to it...

Yes launching with lacking features it not good, but it also unavoidable, WoW took years to get some basic features right, yes years.

WoW was laggy as hell when it launched, had whole zones under development, didnt get any type of PVP system for 8 months.... and had many issues from servers going down for days at the time during the first 2-3 months, to limbo bugs, exploits and what ever...

ToR has loads of issues, but is it worse than WoW at first? from a technical POV no, from a game play POV sadly yes, i wanted vanila WoW with voice overs and light sabers, instead i've got voice over corss between mass effect and vanguard...

People wanting basic mmo features, yeah thats to much to ask for =)

Maybe buy a game that offers or promises the "basic" MMO features you expect? Alot of players are confusing simple features that cater to their playstyle as mandatory even when the game is supporting something different.

Remind me just how long it took for WoW to get a PVP rating system, and after that how long it took them to bring out Battle Grounds? Arenas?

You cannot compare a 1 month game which took 4 years to develop to a game which took 5 years to develop and it has 7+ years of content and other updates to it...

Yes launching with lacking features it not good, but it also unavoidable, WoW took years to get some basic features right, yes years.

WoW was laggy as hell when it launched, had whole zones under development, didnt get any type of PVP system for 8 months.... and had many issues from servers going down for days at the time during the first 2-3 months, to limbo bugs, exploits and what ever...

ToR has loads of issues, but is it worse than WoW at first? from a technical POV no, from a game play POV sadly yes, i wanted vanila WoW with voice overs and light sabers, instead i've got voice over corss between mass effect and vanguard...

I've got to say, WoW launch was TERRIBLE! Massive queues and all of the above, I stuck it through though and I've got to say it was a good choice. Give it time OP, check the 1.1 patch notes. As a student that studies programming and such I've got to say, this **** is complicated! It's not something you pull an all-nighter for. :)

If you're the sort whose continued subscription hinges on a substantial update being implemented you should probably just stay unsubbed imo. I doubt anything coming down the pipe in the next week will be enough to "fix" the game from your point of view.

Well if Biowhere was smart they release the patch after all the sub times run out. This way people will be more inclined to stick around another month and see what the new patch brings.

Not smart ... only greedy

They are smart if they put a good patch before the sub times run out ..... fooling costumers isnt the best way to success on long term

Why do people keep comparing the features of wow in 2004 to a game that was released in 2012? Wouldn't it be better to compare TOR's features to Rift? Weird the Trion was able to implement many of the modern expectations in MMO into Rift at release. Rift even had a shorter development cycle with less of an investment.

They have been patching. It sounds like you are actually demanding new content on a game that is a month old.

I'm glad you quit. I don't want your stuff; it's tainted with QQ.

Shoddy fps/combat delay/missing graphical functions, oh yeah it's totally content that wasn't supposed to be in the game 6months ago, biodrone logic right here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.