Expand OPEN World PVP On PVP Servers

-Fenix

I support this too, but I should add 2 things.

1) A lot of world PvP is the people. You can open it up all you want, but we the players have to get it started. So get out there and cause mischief.

2) This game needs a /worlddefense chat channel if it doesn't have one. Something that warns you when one of your towns is being attacked. Gotta know where and when it's happening for it to actually happen.

1. Sharing quest NPC's and/or share quest objectives.

2. Definatly

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us real pvp! Give us consequenses! I dont want to pvp just for gear. Screw the gear. I want to pvp to give my faction advantages. Give us guild cities, that we can build siege and conquer, give us player politics so we can form alliances and compete over.

I dont have much hope to see this though. I think this game is designed to be a themepark mmo. too bad cus the story is intriguing. Too bad what we do doesnt really matter or affect the world we play in.

To late, simply impossible to implement a decent open world PvP system with the current design of SWTOR. After spending 100 million, I doubt Bioware is going to revamp the current design after going live. It's possible to add new PvP zones, but like Rift, they will probably add blanket content that applies to PvE and PvP servers both.... so nothing specific just for the PvP servers.

Certainly more warzones or arena content could be added, but that's not what many PvP players want... we want decent open world PvP with dynamic objectives to fight over, and a REASON to get people to fight in the open world.

The "Give it some time." and the "Game just came out." arguments are useless as PvP is simply not the focus or model that Bioware is following for SWTOR.

I sure hope that GW2 comes out soon, a game where PvP content is the focus and PvE content will come second.

Give us real pvp! Give us consequenses! I dont want to pvp just for gear. Screw the gear. I want to pvp to give my faction advantages. Give us guild cities, that we can build siege and conquer, give us player politics so we can form alliances and compete over.

I dont have much hope to see this though. I think this game is designed to be a themepark mmo. too bad cus the story is intriguing. Too bad what we do doesnt really matter or affect the world we play in.

I agree. PvP should be about getting something in return or losing something, not just for the brief battle.

We need all world PvP. Give the soldiers and robots guarding cities the ability to actually do something rather then sit there. If 100 Jedi want to group together to try and take over a Sith city then feel free too!

I love the story and will finish it with TOR. The problem is the content that keeps people playing MMOs, like their own homes and true PvP, aren't present. There is little reason to keep playing it after a few months and the story being completed.

To start off with, Open World PVP is the best there is. Open World PVP should be the main focus for future PVP content, in my opinion, and not instanced PVP. While instanced PVP can be fun, it quickly becomes stale after the upteenth time playing in the same area, doing the same thing. In Open World PVP, truly OPEN, the battles are always different, and can become massive in scale.

Open World PVP is never balanced, but that aspect is what makes it remain exciting. Overcoming an enemy that has superior numbers is very satisfying. Crushing an enemy that has weaker numbers is almost as satisfying. There are no scripted locations that it can take place. Something as simple as a gank can provoke an hour long confrontation between multiple guilds.

Devs, please expand upon OPEN World PVP on PVP servers. Remove the invisible exhaustion walls protecting factional medical centers. Lower the NPC guard numbers and difficulty protecting factional areas. Let there be no safe havens beyond Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. To prevent game-killing camping of medical centers, allow a medical center recall to a safe planet, such as the starter worlds.

PVP servers should stand out from PVE servers by more than merely being constantly flagged. Why worry with being flagged if no one can attack you? There is no penalty for dying in this game, so please open up the PVP on PVP servers.

Addressing comments/suggestions:

• Corspe looting won't be happening. Devs have stated as such.
  • Faction imbalance can be overcome by guild alliances and planning. Communicate with your peers.
  • Ilum is ONE planet. OPEN World PVP should take place across the galaxy on PVP servers.
  • Incentives to participate, such as valor or commendations etc., are important, but the first goal is for OPEN World PVP to be expanded so it can take place in more areas on PVP servers.

To all who may post, leave your ganking/camping/griefing complaints to yourself. On a PVP server, those things should be allowed and encouraged, else there be no difference between PVE and PVP servers.

I agree with ya 100% brother. There is absolute 0 reward for pvping outside arena area and no penalty for dieing either. I am very disappointed with the PVP sytem in this game. Classes are fairly balanced, but no reward for getting a kill or penalty for dieing is just beyond lame.

I am a big fan of PVP loot systems.. I really wish the DEVS would consider it. I personally do not see myself playing this game for much longer if something is not done to put more spark in PVP.

Edited by DtAxThungerx

I agree with ya 100% brother. There is absolute 0 reward for pvping outside arena area and no penalty for dieing either. I am very disappointed with the PVP sytem in this game. Classes are fairly balanced, but no reward for getting a kill or penalty for dieing is just beyond lame.

I am a big fan of PVP loot systems.. I really wish the DEVS would consider it. I personally do not see myself playing this game for much longer if something is not done to put more spark in PVP.

I hear ya, this is just a filler for me until GW2 comes out, but I'm not sure I'll bother to maintain a subscription if the current system stays in place. SWTOR is like Rift MMO, a decent PvE game but no focus on quality open world PvP.

But I guess it's the model they use as the PvE player base generates more subscriptions. Chalk this up as another MMO that *COULD HAVE* had decent PvP, but I really can't see how they would do it with the current design.

Why don't they setup the pvp so high levels can't attack low level ppl, but low lvl can attack high level players, then the high level players can retaliate. Isn't that how they did it in wow?

Well wow doesn't have open world pvp now does it?Pvp was terrible in Wow apart from vanilla if you go on a pvp server you should know the risks,you can get killed by anyone any level anywhere I think Swtor should fix the 'Anywhere' part.I also support this thread.:D

The RvR in Warhammer converted me into a PvP player. I signed up for SWTOR for a lot of reasons, including the chance to play an MMO with a quality storyline--always a major gripe for me with the genre before. I can understand an underdeveloped PvP system (even the battlegrounds need work, let alone RvR style play) in light of the massive amount of time and polish required to get a fully-voiced story for 8 classes up and running.

So now, let's see some RvR.

In WAR, the zones were designed for this sort of play. I'm not sure that just flipping the old "RvR switch" on multiple planets would net the sort of experience we're after. I wonder if new worlds for upcoming patches/expansions will be tailored more towards this sort of experience. I have many fond memories of leading warbands of 20+ people to take castles.

What if that same experience could be had in space, taking runs at massive battlecruisers, forming up in squadrons, etc?

Quick, design team, to the Degobah Cave! Get those fingers flying!

I think all core pvpers would agree with you, and I could not agree with you more!

SWTOR warzones are not that fun from a PKers perspective, open world pvp would solve a lot of problems.

To start off with, Open World PVP is the best there is. Open World PVP should be the main focus for future PVP content, in my opinion, and not instanced PVP. While instanced PVP can be fun, it quickly becomes stale after the upteenth time playing in the same area, doing the same thing. In Open World PVP, truly OPEN, the battles are always different, and can become massive in scale.

Open World PVP is never balanced, but that aspect is what makes it remain exciting. Overcoming an enemy that has superior numbers is very satisfying. Crushing an enemy that has weaker numbers is almost as satisfying. There are no scripted locations that it can take place. Something as simple as a gank can provoke an hour long confrontation between multiple guilds.

Devs, please expand upon OPEN World PVP on PVP servers. Remove the invisible exhaustion walls protecting factional medical centers. Lower the NPC guard numbers and difficulty protecting factional areas. Let there be no safe havens beyond Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. To prevent game-killing camping of medical centers, allow a medical center recall to a safe planet, such as the starter worlds.

PVP servers should stand out from PVE servers by more than merely being constantly flagged. Why worry with being flagged if no one can attack you? There is no penalty for dying in this game, so please open up the PVP on PVP servers.

Addressing comments/suggestions:

• Corspe looting won't be happening. Devs have stated as such.
  • Faction imbalance can be overcome by guild alliances and planning. Communicate with your peers.
  • Ilum is ONE planet. OPEN World PVP should take place across the galaxy on PVP servers.
  • Incentives to participate, such as valor or commendations etc., are important, but the first goal is for OPEN World PVP to be expanded so it can take place in more areas on PVP servers.

To all who may post, leave your ganking/camping/griefing complaints to yourself. On a PVP server, those things should be allowed and encouraged, else there be no difference between PVE and PVP servers.

I SUPPORT THIS MESSAGE

I thought the PVP servers were named as they are because they support PVP. As it stands, the only real difference is "contested territory" where Imps and Rebs barely make contact. No real incentive for OPVP.

MAKE PVP SERVERS PVP!