Savior - Healing 300K

damage

Demolisher – 2.5k damage from a single attack

Anihilator - 5K damage from a single attack

Combatant – Dealing 75k damage

Destroyer - Dealing 300K damage

tank

Shield – 5k Protection

Protector - 50K Protection (thanks meatballz/adlarn)

Guardian – 2k Protection since last death

Paladin – 10k Protection since last death

other

Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player

Defender – Earning 1k Defender Points

Warden - Earning 3k Defender Points

Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight

Commando – Killing 10 enemy players

Soldier – Killing 25 enemy players

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other

Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player

Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight

Commando – Killing 10 enemy players

Soldier – Killing 25 enemy players

The above three require you to be dpsing a target, so they are dps only medals. Derpety derp derp. This is page two and three of this thread all over again. And we've already discussed to death the "How healer's can get those medals" subject so lets not do that over again.

Edited by Leiloni

The above three require you to be dpsing a target, so they are dps only medals. Derpety derp derp. This is page two and three of this thread all over again. And we've already discussed to death the "How healer's can get those medals" subject so lets not do that over again.

gee ever wonder why you have that insta skill? maby it's for when your group and you are running at the other group or defending and there running at you.

if you cant comprehend that if your just healing then you suck thats not BW fault that is yours.

you have more then just 3-4 skills you can do more then healing with out letting your team loss.

please stop blaming BW because you refuse to help your team other then set back an heal....this is pvp not pve.

gee ever wonder why you have that insta skill? maby it's for when your group and you are running at the other group or defending and there running at you.

if you cant comprehend that if your just healing then you suck thats not BW fault that is yours.

you have more then just 3-4 skills you can do more then healing with out letting your team loss.

please stop blaming BW because you refuse to help your team other then set back an heal....this is pvp not pve.

Explain how throwing out a few instant skills with crappy healer dps is going to get me a big damage medal? I already do that but I'm not getting tons of dps medals for it.

Edited by Leiloni

I really wish you'd stop posting. Nothing you say makes any sense. Your grammar isn't even legible..

as soon as a person starts blameing grammar/typeing etc. of a person who write in easy understandable english, you know that person don't really have any prober comeback, ergo the other person is right, which he is in this matter.

there is equal medals for everything, and it make me laugh so hard that healers blame dps for just wanting to do damage..... people with a normal IQ will need no further explination.

ill just make a small PoV, i play as scoundrel, i get most of the medals for damage except the 300k damage, should soon be getting that aswel, and i get the 2.5k heal, all this is achieved from not actually being objective, and thats were the real problem is. As Healer or dps you can Easly get the same medals by being actually hunting the medals, healers can easly get a killing blow or a 2.5k hit, theres a reason that healing gear also got expertise, just like dps have to heal to gain 4-5+ medals or tanks have to give out shields to gain 4-5+ medals, healers have to do some damage to get 4-5+ medals..

To make it simply, the real problem about medals is you achieve them by allmost being brain dead, and for not actually doing the Real objectives, hurray you did 500k+ healing, which meens you didnt try to plant or defuse, yes lets fill you with medals. because thats obviously dps job, they have to kill and do the map objectivs.................................... healers just have to stand still and play wag a moll...................................... WoW is luckly slowly dieing, but the mental confused people from wow still have a huge influence on other mmo's sadly.

and to make a quick last word, my native is not english, so there should be alot of grammar and typeing mistakes in this post you can bash like a baws now that you got no actual comeback to this..

Explain how throwing out a few instant skills with crappy healer dps is going to get me a big damage medal? I already do that but I'm not getting tons of dps medals for it.

you can get 2 for tagging and all that just is 25 hits on a player. you can get 2 for defending a spot. wow i just more medals then you as a straight healer and all i did was stand around and tage players that others where fighting.

as fo the 75k dps...do some math and it's not hard to get

75k damage /15 mins = 500 damage per minute

I think people need to stop playing WoW before they can start playing TOR if they want to succeed as a good healer.

Lol I've definitely had to adjust how I heal. The issue isn't keeping people alive. It's not getting the proper amount of medals for keeping them alive.

you can get 2 for tagging and all that just is 25 hits on a player. you can get 2 for defending a spot. wow i just more medals then you as a straight healer and all i did was stand around and tage players that others where fighting.

as fo the 75k dps...do some math and it's not hard to get

75k damage /15 mins = 500 damage per minute

So I should spend 25 globals throwing out instants to tag players while I let my team die just so I can be selfish and farm medals?

Broken system is broken. Explain to me how I can play the game like it was designed, instead of selfishly medal farming, and actually gain a good amount of medals. I can't.

Bolded the main point of the thread since a lot of people don't get it. It's not that we're idiots and don't know how to get medals, it's the fact that we even have to do that to get medals to begin with. That is what's broken.

Edited by Leiloni

So I should spend 25 globals throwing out instants to tag players while I let my team die just so I can be selfish and farm medals?

Broken system is broken. Explain to me how I can play the game like it was designed, instead of selfishly medal farming, and actually gain a good amount of medals. I can't.

Bolded the main point of the thread since a lot of people don't get it. It's not that we're idiots and don't know how to get medals, it's the fact that we even have to do that to get medals to begin with.

if your team dies as the other team is not even at you yet...get a new team. if you cant find time in a fight to toss out an insta then please dont blam any one but your self

Still missing the point.

what point? the one where you just want to heal? this is pvp not pve this is not wow it's tor.

the one where because you dont do good it must be BW and there systems fault?

as a healer and wining matchs i can get 7-8 medals at lvl 38.

what point? the one where you just want to heal? this is pvp not pve this is not wow it's tor.

I'm pretty sure I never mentioned WoW. The OP did, not me. And WoW is certainly not the only game where PvP healer's you know, heal. It's such a novel idea isn't it.

Edited by Leiloni

I'll just re-quote myself since I want an answer to my questions:

This is the most inane nonsense I've read on the PvP boards. Healers are specialized to heal, period. The only 'difference' with WoW is that they can fill the voids with their damaging abilities, as opposed to only using CC when not healing. In fact: The Healer is better off conserving his limited resources to perform the role he excels at, and that is healing. Spending resources to do half, or less, damage than your dedicated DPS is a horrible strategic decision. Those are resources that should be used to keep your team alive.

The argument that this isn't WoW is rubbish. The Healer archetype wasn't invented in 2004, nor its role in the PvP arena.

Like it or not: In competitive PvP it's the healers that make the difference. Bioware needs to reinforce good healing behaviour, meaning they need to award more medals/rewards to those who heal a lot. There could be medals awarding extra commendation for healing someone below 20%.

In the end it's all about winning, and healing will progress you far better towards that goal than spending half your time DPS'ing at limited efficiency.

Then what should they do? Alternate between healing and doing suboptimal damage? There's no logical design reason that can justify healers having to perform a role, DPS, that can be performed far superior by others, aka. designated DPS.

It's just bad design. PvP is about maximizing efficiency. DPS'ing while you could be healing, assuming there is someone in need of being healed, is inefficient. The game should not reward this behaviour.

I'm not even playing a healer and I feel they have every right to complain here. They have a host of abilities, yet only the healing abilities ensure the healer his proficiency at PvP combat. Without talents, damage is lackluster. As it should be, or you would be eliminating the need for dedicated DPS.

If Bioware wanted Healers to be a hybrid DPS/Healing combo, they should have designed a hybrid talent tree or they should've allowed healers to do most of their healing through damage. If they would design suboptimal damage dealing abilities that also heal one or several allies in the process, they would eliminate the cost of going damage over healing and encourage a mindset of being more than a pockethealer.

Try to go beyond 2 sentence trolling attempts and at least tell my why I'm wrong because this isn't WoW. Those who think the OP doesn't have a legitimate point, at least make the effort to show me why not, instead of pointedly ignoring my posts, unless ofcourse you have no sensible counter arguments to make.

Edited by Dekadez

DPSers can do nothing but DPS, and get all four DPS medals plus the 10, 25, killing blow, and solo kill medals.

Tanks can do nothing but DPS, get six of the eight medals listed above (300K and a 5K hit can be tough for tanks), and get four additional medals if they have Guard up on a player.

If they pop a Rakata medpac, they can also get 2-3 healing medals (2.5K heal, 5K heal, 75K healing)

So that's 8-12 medals that those classes can get by doing nothing but tunnel-visioning in on enemy players.

A healer doing nothing but healing can get four medals. That doesn't really seem...balanced, to me. Sure, I could throw out a Frag Grenade to tag a pack of enemies, or snipe a kill with Rifle Shot, but that's not helping my team as much as throwing out another heal. The most important non-healing activities I do (aside from objectives) are Flashbang/Debilitate on a ball carrier in Huttball, and I don't get a single medal for that.

Who said anything about us only wanting to heal? If there's healing to be done I heal. I'm not going to dps before healing, that's just stupid. That's like asking a dps hybrid to heal when he has 2 healers on him and nearly topped off.

Edited by Jooji

Originally Posted by Dekadez

This is the most inane nonsense I've read on the PvP boards. Healers are specialized to heal, period. The only 'difference' with WoW is that they can fill the voids with their damaging abilities, as opposed to only using CC when not healing. In fact: The Healer is better off conserving his limited resources to perform the role he excels at, and that is healing. Spending resources to do half, or less, damage than your dedicated DPS is a horrible strategic decision. Those are resources that should be used to keep your team alive.

The argument that this isn't WoW is rubbish. The Healer archetype wasn't invented in 2004, nor its role in the PvP arena.

Like it or not: In competitive PvP it's the healers that make the difference. Bioware needs to reinforce good healing behaviour, meaning they need to award more medals/rewards to those who heal a lot. There could be medals awarding extra commendation for healing someone below 20%.

In the end it's all about winning, and healing will progress you far better towards that goal than spending half your time DPS'ing at limited efficiency.

Originally Posted by Dekadez

Then what should they do? Alternate between healing and doing suboptimal damage? There's no logical design reason that can justify healers having to perform a role, DPS, that can be performed far superior by others, aka. designated DPS.

It's just bad design. PvP is about maximizing efficiency. DPS'ing while you could be healing, assuming there is someone in need of being healed, is inefficient. The game should not reward this behaviour.

I'm not even playing a healer and I feel they have every right to complain here. They have a host of abilities, yet only the healing abilities ensure the healer his proficiency at PvP combat. Without talents, damage is lackluster. As it should be, or you would be eliminating the need for dedicated DPS.

If Bioware wanted Healers to be a hybrid DPS/Healing combo, they should have designed a hybrid talent tree or they should've allowed healers to do most of their healing through damage. If they would design suboptimal damage dealing abilities that also heal one or several allies in the process, they would eliminate the cost of going damage over healing and encourage a mindset of being more than a pockethealer.

Try to go beyond 2 sentence trolling attempts and at least tell my why I'm wrong because this isn't WoW. Those who think the OP doesn't have a legitimate point, at least make the effort to show me why not, instead of pointedly ignoring my posts, unless ofcourse you have no sensible counter arguments to make.

I would like these questions answered as well.

I think you're proving his point that the medal system is broken for healers by telling him as a healer he has to game the system in order to win as many as a dpser who is simply playing the game. :p

Very true! As a player with a healing specialization, if you want more than 4 medals, you need to be doing healing and dps.

-->At least you have that choice. Most dps do not have the capability to even get ANY of the healing medals.

I think you (and various other healers on this thread) are looking at the system in your world only.

If you want medals

healers: need to be dpsing and healing

tanks: need to be dpsing and protecting

dpsers: need to be dpsing and protecting (or healing based on if you even have the capability)

long story short: do your specialization, but everyone needs to be dpsing. Its the common denominator.

So I entered a WZ, healed up for the 2,5k and 75k medal (my healer alt is only 42, so no chance of getting 300k or 5k heal yet) plus the 10 kills.

During this time, we were in the lead, so I decided to try and get the dps medal for 75k, and the other medals for solo kill, killing blow and 25 kills.

I got the 75k medal, killing blow and 25 kills, but couldn't get the solo kill because I always had a guy following me because he knew I was a healer.

We lost. They blamed me for not healing all the time, and now I'm sure someone dislikes me, and will never group with me.

Only reason I play my merc is because I like healing in pvp, cc'ing and actually making a difference. I got a 50 sin in full columi gear, but I don't like melee pvp, never have. I have done a few wz's with it, and I do destroy anything I try to kill, but it's just not fun.

Worst part is that I rarely get ANY mvp's at all, eventhough I'm usually on 200k healing, 50k dmg, saving flag carriers and cc'ing. I always see the top dmg dealer getting all the mvp's.

Oh well, I still love pvp healing and I'll bathe in glory when I hit 50 and I can use my rakata medpac that I already got in my bag and get another medal. :)

Edited by Skayte

here is a way they can fix it and make healers happy

make healing and damage on a scale as in if you heal it takes away from your damage if you do damage it takes away from your healing. make CCing and interrupts count for tagging

there is the problem solver for healing vs dps and medpacs

now some one else can come up with one for fixing takes getting medals for doing there job of keeping ppl up with protection

Re-read my post. I didn't say I did 350k and 250k in the same match. In the matches where I heal in the high end of the range I tend to do less damage and vice versa. I've done 350k healing 150k damage in matches though, and 250k healing 250k damage or thereabouts.

As far as screenshots, sorry, I don't take them.

250k/250k would have to be some kind of hybrid god mode spec im not aware of

I'm just going to drop a general observation I have as a Marauder. When I face enemy healers, the only ones that I truly get annoyed and in trouble with are the ones that find the time to CC/damage me. I can think of one example where you can choose to deal "sub-optimal" damage (I don't agree that it is sub-optimal) to be more effective rather than healing. It seems like (to me atleast) there are diminishing returns as a healer. You can do constant healing, but there is always a point (either after an instant or a potent HoT or something else, I don't know) where the successive heals are much weaker (until the next major round of CD's or whatever). This is the point I mentally call the "rest" zone and I make it a point to unleash the large chunk of my damage at this point because I know I have a small window of opportunity where the healing is much weaker. Most healers I've noticed continue to heal during this time and that is a mistake IMO. The healing is minimal and never helps much (against my damage at least) whereas CCing, attacking, or applying a DoT kills me faster and stops me from dealing damage which can ensure your team's survival.

Now, I could be ignorant about lots of facts with respect to the actual abilities healers have and I may have just been fighting terrible "pure-healing" healers for weeks now. I can still say that I sincerely think I stand a better chance against teams with healers that ONLY blindly heal vs healers that can balance their healing and supportive damage. I can't tell you how many times I've died to a healer sage DoT after barely escaping or been annoyed and put out of fights by well placed CC. It just seems like that's the case for this specific game, anyways, and for most of my matches.

I agree that the medals system hates healers, though. I'll take your (healer's) word for it that it requires you to be too much of a detriment to your team or go out of your way to get more commendations. This doesn't just apply to healers, btw, but it affects them the worst. I think it just needs tweaking, and with tweaks you can allow healers to get the same-ish amount of medals. It seems, though, Bioware INTENDED for healers to not be pure healers (like something from WoW) by design. I'm gathering that from the medals system and their apparent effectiveness in warzones.

I think arguing over what healers should be or shouldn't be IN YOUR OPINION or what has been the trend in other MMO's is a waste of time. Yeah, I'm gonna say it's a different game, with different strategies, blah blah you don't want to hear it cause you don't agree with it or you're not comfortable with it. Look at a game like League of Legends. It's basically a warzone-only game. The healers in that game aren't intended to just heal. Their heals are actually crappy and you're gonna be in trouble if that's all you're trying to do. During team fights they have to support their team in a number of ways apart from healing like dropping CC and whittling targets down with damage.

Well, anyways, that's my 2 cents. I'm rolling a healer Mercenary alt because they seem like fun.

Edited by Swarna

250k/250k would have to be some kind of hybrid god mode spec im not aware of

On a really good game I can get both 300k medals as a Corruption/Madness Sorcerer (21/2/18), with 10.11% Expertise. To do so this requires us to be fighting in middle the entire game, and I pretty much have to have a Guard on me at all times =D

Valor rank 47 btw.

On a really good game I can get both 300k medals as a Corruption/Madness Sorcerer (21/2/18), with 10.11% Expertise. To do so this requires us to be fighting in middle the entire game, and I pretty much have to have a Guard on me at all times =D

Valor rank 47 btw.

I'm 21/20 right now but for the sake of medal farming I think your spec would be better, can easily get your 2.5k hit with death field right?

Which Lightning points did you go with? And for your last 2 madness you went Oppressing Force or Haunted Dreams?