50 brackets will kill this game~

Jackalrat

As a republic player I totally feel for the imperials. It would be great if queues were quick and pvp was well balanced for both factions and we could all enjoy the game. But some of the complaints/responses from imperials I've seen are just asinine.

I've seen imperials complain that they want a fix but would never reroll because they've put far too much time already into their lvl 30's and it would just be too much trouble. I constantly see these suggestions that the republic should get some incentive to attract players.

We have short PvP queues and get to play not huttball!

This is exactly what players are asking for but yet it is not an incentive for anyone to switch. Seriously, the game is brand new and people have very little time invested (even those that play 16+ hrs a day). If you aren't willing to take the initiative and make life better for yourself now what makes you think some future incentive is going to change anyone's mind when they actually have some time invested.

The reality is that this is 100% a player driven problem and a solution will have to be player driven too. The ONLY way for faction imbalance to correct is for more players to play the smaller faction and roll Republic.

^^^ this ^^^

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And how do you think they could "fix" what is beyond them? Want to have a Bioware employee kidnap your cat and threat to kill it if you won't delete your inq sorc and reroll rep asap? Seriously, stop being stupid.

Players created the problem and players have to deal with it. Well, imperials at least, because here on rep side we think that que is long if we wait longer then 2 minutes and huttball is maybe 20-25% of all my games.

So stop this "bioware fix imbalance or I call whambulance" and reroll or suck it sith kid.

This post is a 10 in my book. A ten! I've still got wood!

The final sentence kicks butt!

....huh?

You can't actually queue for a warzone in an Ops group (with more than 4 people), but you can finagle the system to get multiple groups into the same warzone, usually by entering the queue at the same time. It's easier to do with less people queueing, since the system gives priority to people who've been in the queue longer.

Right now, that usually ends up being low levels who solo queued. Once they implement 50 brackets, there will be far less people to take up queue spots meaning it will be much easier to purposefully get two groups into the same warzone.

I think queues will be shorter. My guess is many people quit queueing because of getting rolled by 50's.

Some people quit queueing because of being rolled by 50s; some 50s immediately quit the WZ when seeing too many lower level players in the group. I've also seen several 50s complain that their Bolster is robbed by lower level players in the group. Seems to me that the majority would prefer a 50s only bracket, but only the metrics can tell how queue times will be affected.

As a republic player I totally feel for the imperials. It would be great if queues were quick and pvp was well balanced for both factions and we could all enjoy the game. But some of the complaints/responses from imperials I've seen are just asinine.

I've seen imperials complain that they want a fix but would never reroll because they've put far too much time already into their lvl 30's and it would just be too much trouble. I constantly see these suggestions that the republic should get some incentive to attract players.

We have short PvP queues and get to play not huttball!

This is exactly what players are asking for but yet it is not an incentive for anyone to switch. Seriously, the game is brand new and people have very little time invested (even those that play 16+ hrs a day). If you aren't willing to take the initiative and make life better for yourself now what makes you think some future incentive is going to change anyone's mind when they actually have some time invested.

The reality is that this is 100% a player driven problem and a solution will have to be player driven too. The ONLY way for faction imbalance to correct is for more players to play the smaller faction and roll Republic.

Wrong. Rerolling is not the only way to correct this problem. Here is a valid solution:

Faction Transfers - Bioware can allow paid and/or free faction transfers per player character that has a usage restriction of 6 months or however long Bioware feels is necessary so players can't simply change whenever they want. I feel this would greatly help balance the servers as players wouldn't have to start completely over from scratch and get to keep all the progression they've made on their Imperial. I would have already done this if they had this option. I know Blizzard charges $30 per transfer in WoW but I'd be willing to bet that plenty of Imperials would be willing to pay that in order to fix server imbalances.

Wrong. Rerolling is not the only way to correct this problem. Here is a valid solution:

Faction Transfers - Bioware can allow paid and/or free faction transfers per player character that has a usage restriction of 6 months or however long Bioware feels is necessary so players can't simply change whenever they want. I feel this would greatly help balance the servers as players wouldn't have to start completely over from scratch and get to keep all the progression they've made on their Imperial. I would have already done this if they had this option. I know Blizzard charges $30 per transfer in WoW but I'd be willing to bet that plenty of Imperials would be willing to pay that in order to fix server imbalances.

Wrong. Rerolling is the only way to correct this problem. It is highly indiciative of the egomaniacle entitlement cultures self centeredness that they would even consider a transfer option as mandatory to fix an issue they can solve themselves.

Yes, bioware should invest thousands of dollars and thousands of hours of dev time so you don't have to reroll a character it took mere weeks to get where it is. Years down the line, sure. Now? Get real. There are far more important things to get into this game prior to a transfer system for spoiled children.

How would a transfer help exactly? You can't transfer a Empire player to the Republic side...

It's not like just some of the servers are imbalanced, they all are imbalanced.

If you like warzones I'd reroll, if you want World PvP to not die completely reroll, if you want any kind of challenge what so ever reroll. Its that simple.

It would be in the devs best interest to provide at least some small incentive to do so, I agree. I'd suggest increasing the valor gains pretty significantly to get Republic to bother showing up for world PvP at all. This provideds no statistical advantage that can't also be earned by the Empire, and likey is being earned by the Empire as they'll still win the majority of the time until population balances out.

You can't actually queue for a warzone in an Ops group (with more than 4 people), but you can finagle the system to get multiple groups into the same warzone, usually by entering the queue at the same time. It's easier to do with less people queueing, since the system gives priority to people who've been in the queue longer.

Right now, that usually ends up being low levels who solo queued. Once they implement 50 brackets, there will be far less people to take up queue spots meaning it will be much easier to purposefully get two groups into the same warzone.

Wow... you must be like the one person on these forums that's happier about having less people to queue with/against :)

I swear, just a few days ago everyone (or so it seemed to me) was saying 50's should have their own bracket. Now that they have their own bracket, it's the exact opposite. Hard to please everyone I suppose. It'll be much better when they finally come out with that cross-server queuing for PvP, although it won't be in the near future.

"Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?)."

I'm sorry, but there has to be some consequence for rolling the 8:1 population imbalanced faction.

Almost every server has at least a 3:1 ratio. you're saying that over 75% of the people playing this game should be punished because they didn't want to play as the retarded monk side?

Almost every server has at least a 3:1 ratio. you're saying that over 75% of the people playing this game should be punished because they didn't want to play as the retarded monk side?

You aren't punished for anything. You do have huttball to play, don't you?

Not enough 50 Republics. Queues will stop popping. Level 50 will be boring, discouraging the replay value of a new character. Sith will get very sick of huttball.

Better idea? MATCHMAKING. :D

Don't let one team have more 50's than the other. (I.e. like you have done to me every single game I have played in the past 72 hours where Sith have 4 level 50's and we have 1.)

Afraid you wont' be able to smash lowbies anymore?