PhoenixAscendere

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This kinda launch seperates the impatient boys from the men. :cool:

Joking of course. Well only slightly. Just wish people would learn patience. You folks would be terrible Jedi!

No, don't joke. You're completly right.

This launch is harshly seperating the randoms from the truely dedicated.

Except it is not exactly free though is it? We all did Bioware a favor by pre ordering. They earned more cash for the project, and were given solid numbers on purchases to use with investors and such. Not to mention, early access is always used as a means to stress test and get last minute data for fixes and adjustments before the official launch of the game. No matter how rocky the pre launch time is all that will matter for the official record is the launch itself.

So, to act like WE owe Bioware for this privilege is false in my opinion. We paid for the game, they get a lot of extra income/backing a testing for it. Sounds like we are pretty much even to me.

You haven't grasped the most basic understanding of this though;

The release date is the 20th, anything else - e.g. playing before then is a bonus and one they do not have to offer at all, it's meant to be a little extra something, just a nice nod to say thank you for pre-ordering.

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

They were not even going to give early access until the 15th and instead started even earlier. Have you taken that into consideration or is it impossiblet to please some people?

One thing you impatient kids and trolls are either failing to see or refusing to see:

IT'S TWO DAYS B4 EARLY ACCESS WAS SUPPOSED TO START, SEVEN DAYS BEFORE OFFICIAL LAUNCH!

If you get in today, or even tomorrow, YOU'RE IN EARLIER THAN YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO BE LESS THAN A MONTH AGO!

Holy monkey balls people, be grateful and thankful that you've got your mommies and/or daddies to buy that crappy laptop you're using so you can play this silly game. You could be homeless, in Greenland!

This is the most impatient group of people I've ever encountered. It saddens me greatly.

^^^^^^

Agree 100%

It is a sad existence when one sits in front of the computer hitting the refresh button non stop waiting to get into a video game.

As the Maitre D' from Ferris Bueller's Day Off would say:

"I weep for the future"

Personally I think they just should have just told everyone, 'You ordered between these dates; You get in on this day. Period.' Then just send out emails to people as they let them in earlier, the way they are doing this now though is just setting everyone on pins and needles.

You must not have read the sticky up top that explains why they couldn't do it that way.

The waves are dynamic and they even said they are ahead of schedule.

Imagine, if you will, that they had done as you suggested, but things weren't going as smoothly as they are and those people that were told they could get in at "X" time... couldn't?

Imagine the outrage then...

It wouldnt matter what Bioware did. If they just let everyone on at same time, same people complaining about the staggered be whining about the que times and lag.

Pateince and understanding seems in short supply even with the spirit of the holidays, kinda sad really.

Personally I think they just should have just told everyone, 'You ordered between these dates; You get in on this day. Period.' Then just send out emails to people as they let them in earlier, the way they are doing this now though is just setting everyone on pins and needles.

well said, I totally agreed.

A Launch like this , is more like a irresponsible launch.

the more they worry on servers, the more they upset on the people.

Attention Trolls:

The game's early access begun approx. 3 hours and 51 minutes ago, and already I'm reading doomsaying posts "The end is near", and that the launch is a failure and so on?

You guys will likely be very happy after you're actually in and playing the game, and if you've played in any other MMO launch before this one, you'd know that some of those have been VERY, VERY bad. Unplayable servers, crashing, lag and so on. Would you rather play the game with 600ms with server crashes and rollbacks instead of waiting in a line?

I wonder how you deal with standing in a queue in real when shopping.. I really wouldn't want to be the guy in front of you.

Imo, this was a good idea, and it has proved to be an effective method in more recent MMOs. Yes, there are drawbacks with guild members getting in at different times/days, but come on...we are talking a few DAYS max here and the game hasn't even officially launched...

- Elim

You must not have read the sticky up top that explains why they couldn't do it that way.

The waves are dynamic and they even said they are ahead of schedule.

Imagine, if you will, that they had done as you suggested, but things weren't going as smoothly as they are and those people that were told they could get in at "X" time... couldn't?

Imagine the outrage then...

I did read the sticky, personally I would have understood it better though if there was trouble getting in during my time fame do to things not going smoothly. This just seems like a stranger way of doing it, now you have people just sitting around staring at their inboxes. I ordered really late so I have no hopes till like friday maybe anyway though lol.

Edited by Redstormhunter

One thing you impatient kids and trolls are either failing to see or refusing to see:

IT'S TWO DAYS B4 EARLY ACCESS WAS SUPPOSED TO START, SEVEN DAYS BEFORE OFFICIAL LAUNCH!

If you get in today, or even tomorrow, YOU'RE IN EARLIER THAN YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO BE LESS THAN A MONTH AGO!

Holy monkey balls people, be grateful and thankful that you've got your mommies and/or daddies to buy that crappy laptop you're using so you can play this silly game. You could be homeless, in Greenland!

So true! People were saying they couldn't wait until the 10 to wipe trolls from the forums but now I'm having my doubts about anything changing. QQing about early access that is even earlier than expected is just over the top; come on people be reasonable.

The concept is fine and working well.

People are just *****y that they aren't in yet. When they do get in and have no queues, no lag issues, no overpopulation of starting area issues, they will shut the **** up and profess their love for the way Bioware handled the launch. Maybe...Things could certainly still go wrong.

Get Real guys they need to filter groups in so that they can deal with anything untoward as it goes along, therefore making it smoother as time goes by for everyone.

Yes we stress tested/pre ordered, but it doesn't give us the right to be in from day 1 pre-access.

Be patient otherwise they will be thinking "hmm take years to make a great game and day 1 people are whining even before starting".

God they must look at these threads and laugh.

There is nothing wrong with getting information. I for one would love to know when I get in cause then I can be like ok i wont get to play till later. I dont think its the fact they arent playing that makes the angry its the lack of information on the subject.

Lack of information hurts, but there is a good reason for it. Bioware gets to keep control of when they let waves in, and they can manually choose when based on what they are currently observing.

People are just *****y that they aren't in yet. When they do get in and have no queues, no lag issues, no overpopulation of starting area issues, they will shut the **** up and profess their love for the way Bioware handled the launch. Maybe...Things could certainly still go wrong.
Or they will just be even more angry against Bioware/EA when they see their guildmates are already level 20+ and they will not be able to do the group content with them...

Anyone else find it funny that this has been stated to happen for a few months now and people are all of a sudden surprised it's happening?:D

I'm pretty sure Bioware knows more about what they're doing than some angry customer because he can't play the game that isn't even officially released yet. You want a date you can guaranteed play the game? Come back the 20th of December. Until then, patience.

The reason they don't tell you a date or time to get in, is because they want to remain flexible. Something could happen, preventing them from letting you in at the time you said only for you to find this out and everyone in the same boat makes 1000 threads complaining. This way no one knows, so it's all a mystery.

Think of it this way, Early Access is a bonus to pre-ordering the game. The actual launch isn't for an entire week. Even if you only get to play the weekend in advance, it's still 2-3 days bonus. No other MMO has offered this service, if it was any other company you would of had to wait till the 20th.

Seriously, just stop complaining and have a bit of patience. Maybe use this time to go find a job so you don't have so much free time to complain about not playing swtor :p

Early access is basicly a beta for testing servers before official launch of the game. That is why all MMO games usually do this. As for the way the are doing it. I think this is the best way to adjust servers and fix issues as they pop up. little at a time and make adjustments as needed..