Worst head start idea ever?

PhoenixAscendere

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

would be great to have free cookies and hot chocolate milk and a lottery while w8ing. and while they are at it... i like a nice comfy chain and a pool aswell.. and if not too much trouble add sum goodlooking bikinibabes aswell.. an awsome BBQ for all the w8ers....( this is called sarcasm btw for all them emo kiddo's)

There are so many reasons people may wish to be in now...It only takes the smallest amount of thinking about others. Example, our friends are already in and leveling, our pvp opposition is getting strongholds and preparing ganking choke holds, Our guilds are leaving us behind in levels. Etc. Each persons reason is their own, and valid to them.
My only worry is entering the game and half the guild is already level 15-20. Nobody can decently ask them to wait to play either. For that reason only, I think that staggered release is one of the most stupid decision made for a MMORPG release, even if the game is still good and I'm gonna play it.

Didn't take long for a post like this to start.....

Can't win with the MMO community. If they took the wave launch off, and unexpected issues cropped up with the servers (and they WILL happen, trust me).......

Then you'd all be whining that the servers were stressed with too many people, and I didn't get to play enough in Early Access. Boohoo wah wah, cry whine cry.

You can do all the stress testing in the world you want. Every MMO I've ever been in has had launch issues. This one will too. But maybe, just maybe EA/Bioware is on to something here. Guess we'll find out what happens.

My only worry is entering the game and half the guild is already level 15-20. Nobody can decently ask them to wait to play either. For that reason only, I think that staggered release is one of the most stupid decision made for a MMORPG release, even if the game is still good and I'm gonna play it.

It is called coffee and no sleep in order to catch up. :cool: It is an issue in every game for people who can't play the same hours due to real issues or responsibilities. The most logical thing would have been to have the early release over a weekend so most of us are on the same playing field for game time. Yes, I know some people work weekends. But, it is far less than those who do not.

I agree 100%.

I likely won't be in until tomorrow, much of my guild is in already.

Some guy in another thread told me that my guild mates should stop leveling their level 20 toons when I get in and start new toons to help me level up to 20, and then switch back. That's the most unrealistic pile of crap I've ever heard. Not only would it never happen, but I wouldn't even want them to do that, it would be completely unfair to them.

The fact of the matter is that I will likely be stuck leveling by myself listening to all my friends on vent talk about how much fun they are having together all week.

Well look it from another point of view, over half of my guild is already inside, we preordered at the same time, half year ago some of them are already inside, and the server gets full, and the rest of the guild cant get in what to do?

Sit and wait, bake a cake, or just lazer with my phazer.

The OP is right it is a stupid idea and not needed if they spent more money on hardware and less on VO.

the hardware's fine, or would you rather have it like blizzard does it? then servers are down for 12-16 hours cause the login gate overloaded every expac? "extended maintenance yooo"

i would rather not have to wait for hours on launch day due to login servers getting bashed by 2.6million people.

I'm perfectly cool with waiting, I can go and do other things. A timer or something, or an estimation of when the next wave is going in would be helpful; in example of those who have been waiting for hours. Alas, looking forward to these days off and some good game time. :cool:

Personally I'd rather be sitting in a 4 hour queue - ala Rift, at least knowing I might get to play at SOME point today, rather than sitting wondering what day I'm even going to get the chance.

Exactly, I perfer to wait on a queue for hours instead of not playing for days. It's just common sense.. Not a great start for SWTOR and the press for the game.

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

Then you haven't experienced many. Id rather they be cautious and not make critical mistakes by letting too many people through at once. If you ever tried anarchy online for instance. The game was unplayable for the best part of the first two weeks because they just let everyone in at once. This way they can fine tune things as numbers increase. So far things seem to be going smoothly. The forums and site seem to be handling what must be insane amounts of traffic. It will only be a matter of time before everyone's off playing. Be patient instead of starting pointless whine threads.

Edited by Khanaris

What it shows is a lack of confidence in themselves to start an MMO off right. There are actually people that live for getting to the highest level quickest or even first in an MMO. I'm not one of them, but for those people this game is already ruined for them.

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

The actual launch of the game isn't until the 20th. You have a problem with how it's being handled then log of the TOR website, close your internet browser, and don't open it again until the 20th of December. The End.

Exactly, I perfer to wait on a queue for hours instead of not playing for days. It's just common sense.. Not a great start for SWTOR and the press for the game.

I agree. It sucks now If I only get 1-2 days early access. I would consider cancel my SWTOR. And wait for GW2

Edited by iLuffy

Part of the issue here is, IIRC, is that BioWare was advertising if you pre-order you could have early access on the 15th (then 13th), even though it was the beginning of December.

Actually, just checked the front page. Pre-order now and you "May play up to 5 days early" is still up there.

They're dangling a carrot that no one who pre-ordered after, lets say September, will be able to get.

It's upsetting consumers.