Gear Perma-damage

ExarDuffman

I'd like to see perma-damage to gear. I think it's rather lame that gear can't be damaged permanently.

This will make the game exciting and will produce a very viable market for selling things.

Every piece of gear must be crafteable by a profession to make this work.

If every piece of gear can be made, then it really does make everything a consumable and will make the crafting professions viable rather than just pointless.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see perma-damage to gear. I think it's rather lame that gear can't be damaged permanently.

This will make the game exciting and will produce a very viable market for selling things.

If every piece of gear can be made, then it really does make everything a consumable and will make the crafting professions viable rather than just pointless.

This isn't SWG2

Games have moved away from this type of system. Sorry. You will have to play an old MMORPG if you want to see this again, most likely. DAoC in its early days comes to mind.

For the people that think this is like perma death, you are wrong. Gear took perma damage in DAoC but it would probably take 1-2 years of regular use before an item was destroyed, as long as the item was your level. Items degraded faster if they were above your level.

Edited by Ashanor

Well, if you want excitement, perma-damage would give you that.

At the moment, as with wow, the market for crafteable items is a slowly diminishing market, as once you have an item, why buy another, and the crafters don't reap any benefit.

Non-perma damage gear really is for kiddies.

Is anyone on this forum older than 12?

SWG and eve both had fantastic economies. In wow, the only thing that keeps the economy of armour ticking over is when people make new characters, how much of the recipe's are almost useless and sold for less than the cost of the mats it used to make them?

Also perma death. So you never have to look for groups at lower levels.

Also perma death should come with account cancellation. And you will continue to be charged a sub fee for two months to cover your character's funeral expenses.

Well, if you want excitement, perma-damage would give you that.

At the moment, as with wow, the market for crafteable items is a slowly diminishing market, as once you have an item, why buy another, and the crafters don't reap any benefit.

Non-perma damage gear really is for kiddies.

That's right, label all those who don't want perma-damage gear kiddies...that's bound to win the argument right??

Is anyone on this forum older than 12?

SWG and eve both had fantastic economies. In wow, the only thing that keeps the economy of armour ticking over is when people make new characters, how much of the recipe's are almost useless and sold for less than the cost of the mats it used to make them?

Yes, because we don't agree with your idea we are under 12? That seems like a response from a 12 year old.

Eve prides itself on it's economy,however it is very complex and more than likely would not appeal to the general public.

SWG had a robust crafting/decay economy prior to the changes, however it was designed to allow characters to focus soley on crafting (WS, AS, DE ect). This game was not designed to have those dedicated character types. So to add that functionality into the game would create more issues for more people than enjoyment for the few that would want it.

You make things dangerous, it becomes exciting.

There's nothing dangerous about perma-damage gear. Tedious is the only word that comes to mind. Being forced to replace gear with the same gear is as awful an idea as I think I have seen on these forums, and there have been some doozies.

This won't help you sell your crafted armor, it will just force people to stockpile every piece of orange gear that they ever find as a drop and just continually mod these out as their old gear breaks.

This also isn't about being 12 years old. While there is certainly a large amount of immaturity on these forums, this is an overused excuse to label anyone that doesn't agree with your bad ideas.

That's an old-school crafting design paradigm used by SWG and EVE. It's less popular these days because the general player audience doesn't like to work to obtain things that they could possibly lose later.

Yes, it is a system that only functions in Sandbox style games that do not use the classic D&D derived "Level" system.

It would mean that crafters would have demand, at present, crafting is in ever diminishing demand, once you have an item, there really is no reason to buy another one and hence would create a real economy, not a toybox economy. Edited by ExarDuffman

Well, if I, as a customer, couldn't repair my gear at a vendor then it would mean that this vendor is useless and can't do simple tasks.

Do you understand what I am trying to say? I can't logically explain why gear wouldn't be able to be fixed, especially in Star Wars where technology is far more superior than in our world.