Diplomacy- LS/DS options

Cameirus

Anyone else finding it annoying that with Diplomacy you sometimes (often) get a split between medical supplies and companion goods along LS/DS lines?

So that all LS missions are companion goods

and all DS missions are medical supplies.

What this means is that if I want to get medical suppies I have to do a DS mission, even if I am building my character in a LS direction.

I'd like Diplomacy changed so that there is always 1 LS and 1 DS option for each type of mission, Medical supplies or companion goods.

Agree/disagree?

Edited by Cameirus

Anyone else finding it annoying that with Diplomacy you sometimes (often) get a split between medical supplies and companion goods along LS/DS lines?

So that all LS missions are companion goods

and all DS missions are medical supplies.

What this means is that if I want to get medical suppies I have to do a DS mission, even if I am building my character in a LS direction.

I'd like Diplomacy changed so that there is always 1 LS and 1 DS option for each type of mission, Medical supplies or companion goods.

Agree/disagree?

Just run a wrong side mission, hardly a big problem, overall you're still getting more points in your desired direction than someone without dilpo.

Not everything has to be perfectly set up to benefit the player 100% of the time.

I too run Dark side once in a while. Because no light side one doesn't exist yeilding what I am looking for.

Also, in patch 1.1 notes I read there as a Fix coming, where the mission you just ran will no longer be removed from the list.

Check the public test forum for the link.

I only ever do Dark side missions. I find occasionally the same problem occurring. It always fixes itself if I run even a single Companion gift mission.

And you know what? Its totally worth it to pick up free gifts JUST to hear Khem Val say "Never have I received such a gift *tear*"

I don't mind that sometimes you need to run a mission from a different skill while you wait for DS to repop. My #1 annoyance is when you get an epic mission and it turns out being from the wrong LS/DS direction, and you can't even remove it to add another. Sold all of my rare/epic diplomacy missions. :/

I do them quite often and I still manage to get back to Light V, Dark 0 without even thinking about it. I just don't see it as a deterrent if you use Diplomacy on a regular basis.

I was able to get to Dark V and 10,000 affection by level 33. Seems to work fine for me as well.

While this does sometime happen its not really as big a problem as you make it out to be. As was pointed out, you are already able to grind out extra LS/DS points through having diplomacy. Also, once you cap out one side at 10k points further points just reduce the # you have on the other side. Hence if you are trying to be a LS/DS character you are eventually going to reach 10k/0 anyway.

Your replies all make sense, but I am perfect 0LS Dark V and want to keep it that way :'(

If you want something extraordinary, then it shouldn't be easy. That's what makes it so special.

Take the occasional DS mission that gets Companion Gifts and more missions with what you want will appear.

Anyone get a return in LS or DS points in decimals? For the longest time I was runniing around with light 0 and dark 7896.09344763987. I put a ticket in and it has since been fixed. Not sure if they actually fixed it or once I hit Dark V it just evened out.

And yes if you are concerned that at Dark or Light V you have some points in the other, it will go away as you do more mission of the desired side. But if you just cannot make that light/dark choice, I guess you have to wait until something cycles through that you like :rolleyes:

Is diplomacy worth changing to? From underworld trading 85. I'm lvl 50 and I need around 3000 mode lightside points to reach rank V. Got Archeology 400 and Slicing 400

If you are looking for a quick way to get Dark/Light V, Diplomacy is the way to go. Just be aware that it benefits any craft that requires medical supplies. I am a Biochem so it helps me. The other added bonus is the plethora of companion gifts you can get from it as well.

Anyone get a return in LS or DS points in decimals? For the longest time I was runniing around with light 0 and dark 7896.09344763987. I put a ticket in and it has since been fixed. Not sure if they actually fixed it or once I hit Dark V it just evened out.

You get decimal returns when the mission is a failure.

I don't mind the limited choice of missions for sticking to one alignment, but the fact that I can't find a way (short of a bit of creative searching on Torhead) to tell which mission discoveries are light side and which are dark before using them is annoying.